Hoping this subforum keeps getting better and better .. Hello from new moderator - Page 9
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 506
  1. #161
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hillsboro, New Hampshire
    Posts
    7,336
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1729
    Likes (Received)
    5098

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jancollc View Post
    Maybe Hillary should have campaigned to win the electoral college instead.

    California doesn't pick the President. Every State gets a say.

    Trump won 30 of the 50 States, and the popular vote by 2 million exclusive of CA. You shouldn't assume he doesn't have broad support, and his poll numbers went up after Pelosi made her big announcement.
    Sure, and if you want to do the "IF" thing we could arrange it so Trump lost the popular vote by millions. Oh wait, he did!!

    And for now, here's what the polls say: Most Americans, including an increasing number of Republicans, approve of Trump impeachment inquiry, polls show - MarketWatch

    Ah, Marketwatch, that known Commie Leftist website. Say, who did Trump ask for help from during 2016? Was it, I don't know, RUSSIA?? And now China too. That Trump, he's a closet Marxist...

  2. #162
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    SPAIN
    Posts
    3,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1813
    Likes (Received)
    1201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CarbideBob View Post
    Trying to dive him mad?
    Bob
    I think it can only be the amount of fluoride that's in the USA water...

  3. Likes fusker liked this post
  4. #163
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Eastern Massachusetts, USA
    Posts
    4,136
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    4446
    Likes (Received)
    4325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jancollc View Post
    I've been thinking about that too. My State voted for Warren in 2020, but Trump won the popular vote. What to do? Could you imagine California casting their EV's for Trump? You know they would never do that.

    There are Article II and 15th Amendment problems with the compact- I don't think it stands up to scrutiny. It amounts to delegating votes to someone other than the person who cast it.
    That is the exact problem. By allowing the state's electors to be guided by the vote in 49 other states it effectively disenfranchises the voters within the state. In theory 99 percent of the voters in that state could vote for candidate A and still have the electors all vote for candidate B. The entire compact is illegal from the start.

  5. #164
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hillsboro, New Hampshire
    Posts
    7,336
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1729
    Likes (Received)
    5098

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CarbideBob View Post
    Trying to dive him mad?
    Bob
    It's from the excess nitrogen (Caisson disease).

  6. Likes fusker liked this post
  7. #165
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Posts
    2,493
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    445
    Likes (Received)
    1769

    Default

    "And for now" is right. That's s snapshot of 1000 people. Quinnipiac had one a week earlier and the numbers were reversed.

    It will be interesting to watch as more information is revealed. The IG report is finished and submitted to Congress, rumor is it's not very flattering to the FBI.

    Barr and Durham are making a lot of people nervous too.

    Sunlight.

  8. #166
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hillsboro, New Hampshire
    Posts
    7,336
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1729
    Likes (Received)
    5098

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jancollc View Post

    Sunlight.
    That sounds great. Too bad the president with all the best words is clamming up: White House is seeking outside impeachment counsel help

    Yup, nothing like running away to make it clear you're innocent...

    So, why do you support the orange coward? If he's got nothing to hide, why is he preventing his co-conspirators from testifying?

  9. Likes dcsipo liked this post
  10. #167
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Posts
    2,493
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    445
    Likes (Received)
    1769

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    That sounds great. Too bad the president with all the best words is clamming up: White House is seeking outside impeachment counsel help

    Yup, nothing like running away to make it clear you're innocent...

    So, why do you support the orange coward? If he's got nothing to hide, why is he preventing his co-conspirators from testifying?
    Getting legal advice is running away?

    I believe what he said was he would not honor the subpoenas until the House took a vote on an impeachment inquiry. Give him the same rights that Nixon and Clinton got. What's the problem?

  11. #168
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hillsboro, New Hampshire
    Posts
    7,336
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1729
    Likes (Received)
    5098

    Default

    President Best Words should march right into the House and weave his oratorical spell. I'm sure he could convince Pelosi that it's all a big mistake, and that he's really a perfect guy. Just perfect. With his perfect phone calls. And perfect strong-arming of his fellow leaders.

    A perfect imbecile. A not so perfect criminal. Perhaps that's why he has Count Chocula as his attorney...

    Like I said, if he's innocent he should be happy to have all his calls, all his meeting transcripts, and all his fellow conspirators available to the House.

    What's he hiding? Hmmm?

    Added - a short video for you: YouTube

  12. #169
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,474
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1759
    Likes (Received)
    1897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jancollc View Post
    Getting legal advice is running away?

    I believe what he said was he would not honor the subpoenas until the House took a vote on an impeachment inquiry. Give him the same rights that Nixon and Clinton got. What's the problem?
    No Problem, he will get it right after the recess. Hopefully, he will keep pissing off his repub supporters with making more bad decisions based on stupid calls with dictators.

    dee
    ;-D

  13. #170
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NoCal
    Posts
    452
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    432
    Likes (Received)
    510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jancollc View Post
    "And for now" is right. That's s snapshot of 1000 people. Quinnipiac had one a week earlier and the numbers were reversed.
    And why do you think that might be?

  14. #171
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    8,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1176
    Likes (Received)
    5142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hobby Shop View Post
    I couldn’t help myself.




    As I have stated strongly before, and just to reiterate, if Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey (I’ve done before!). They must, with Europe and others, watch over...
    I read that tweet last night. I can't believe anyone making statements like that doesn't need psychiatric help. To me it's really worrying that someone so deluded can have access to nuclear weapons.

    Regards Tyrone.

  15. #172
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    SPAIN
    Posts
    3,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1813
    Likes (Received)
    1201

    Default

    But then he tweets Gold like this - and she bites LoL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails capture.jpg  

  16. #173
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    749
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    121
    Likes (Received)
    266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
    I read that tweet last night. I can't believe anyone making statements like that doesn't need psychiatric help. To me it's really worrying that someone so deluded can have access to nuclear weapons.

    Regards Tyrone.
    I couldn’t agree more. At the very least, I hope he’s hammered when he Tweets.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 80459c9e-7b28-4102-8d95-2eb514d5bac9.jpg  

  17. #174
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hillsboro, New Hampshire
    Posts
    7,336
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1729
    Likes (Received)
    5098

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    But then he tweets Gold like this - and she bites LoL
    I still don't understand why a Brit longs for a change of the winners from WW2. Is your last name Mosley by any chance? Mostly Autumnal Browns in your wardrobe?

  18. #175
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Eastern Massachusetts, USA
    Posts
    4,136
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    4446
    Likes (Received)
    4325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    I still don't understand why a Brit longs for a change of the winners from WW2. Is your last name Mosley by any chance? Mostly Autumnal Browns in your wardrobe?
    "a Brit longs for a change of the winners from WW2"

    ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????

    Care to explain that comment and the rest of your rather cryptic post?

    And who the hell is "Mosley"?

  19. #176
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sacramento County, California
    Posts
    3,698
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2338
    Likes (Received)
    1260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    How dare I? How dare I not say that those who want to destroy the country should be pointed out and confronted? Those who support the Orange Liar are aiding the traitors, the knaves, and the enablers of undercutting this country who are currently trying to stop the impeachment inquiry.

    I dare, because I must. I dare because I love my country. I dare because those who call for their versions of a "Handmaid's Tale" decent into horror are those that must be opposed.

    Hey, maybe I'm joking. Just like the jokes that Trump makes when he calls on China, Ukraine, Australia, and other countries to investigate a political opponent. Because that's soooo American...

    PS: His kids jumped right into the enrich themselves trough as soon as Trump won the Electoral College. Not the popular vote, he lost that. The majority of voters did NOT want him in office, and that is even further the case now.
    Hillary is presently proclaiming the point that you make - that she won the popular vote in 2016. She claims that she will "beat him again", except neither you nor Hillary mentioned the Electoral College.

    It's been pointed out by many others that if the Electoral system were to be abolished as recommended by the democrats and yourself, all future elections would be decided by New York and California. This would effectively disenfranchise the majority of whom you speak.

    Is that your goal? Just sayin'.

  20. #177
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hillsboro, New Hampshire
    Posts
    7,336
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1729
    Likes (Received)
    5098

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Newman109 View Post

    It's been pointed out by many others that if the Electoral system were to be abolished as recommended by the democrats and yourself, all future elections would be decided by New York and California. This would effectively disenfranchise the majority of whom you speak.

    Is that your goal? Just sayin'.
    The popular vote is distinct from the EC, hence no need to state what's been stated (endlessly) yet again.

    And to your point on NY/CA doing the electing? Are you so concerned about the Repug efforts to gerrymander districts to the point where they've made their votes (minority) have more effect in the EC? I guess you're not so concerned about that...

  21. Likes Greg White liked this post
  22. #178
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sacramento County, California
    Posts
    3,698
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2338
    Likes (Received)
    1260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    The popular vote is distinct from the EC, hence no need to state what's been stated (endlessly) yet again.

    And to your point on NY/CA doing the electing? Are you so concerned about the Repug efforts to gerrymander districts to the point where they've made their votes (minority) have more effect in the EC? I guess you're not so concerned about that...
    I guess that you are more interested in pettifogging my point. Thanks for responding anyway.

    Another question. How do you feel about the Sixth Amendment's right of confrontation by accusers in a criminal matter?

  23. #179
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hillsboro, New Hampshire
    Posts
    7,336
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1729
    Likes (Received)
    5098

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Newman109 View Post
    I guess that you are more interested in pettifogging my point. Thanks for responding anyway.

    Another question. How do you feel about the Sixth Amendment's right of confrontation by accusers in a criminal matter?
    I guess you don't care about facts as long as you get your way. It's a Repug bug or feature depending on your grasp on reality.

    Impeachment is NOT a criminal matter. That'll be a separate series of trials of Trump and his Trumpettes. God, I'm looking forward to that!

    Oh, and Trump has already threatened the life of the first whistleblower (Repugs: It was a joke!), so becoming of an "innocent" man...

  24. Likes Greg White liked this post
  25. #180
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    SPAIN
    Posts
    3,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1813
    Likes (Received)
    1201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    I still don't understand why a Brit longs for a change of the winners from WW2. Is your last name Mosley by any chance? Mostly Autumnal Browns in your wardrobe?
    Just Breath and Relax, Breathe and Relax...
    Go along with the ride - don't keep getting bent out of shape by The Don.
    Look at the embarrassment of Dems on the box the other day.
    Killary will come out the cupboard at the 11th hour and get nominated to go against him again in 2020.
    She just cannnnn't help herself.
    And he'll win again LLLMMMAAAOOO!!!

    Oh, and I'm a little more colourful than brown


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •