Hoping this subforum keeps getting better and better .. Hello from new moderator - Page 9
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jancollc View Post
    Maybe Hillary should have campaigned to win the electoral college instead.

California doesn't pick the President. Every State gets a say.

Trump won 30 of the 50 States, and the popular vote by 2 million exclusive of CA. You shouldn't assume he doesn't have broad support, and his poll numbers went up after Pelosi made her big announcement.
    Sure, and if you want to do the "IF" thing we could arrange it so Trump lost the popular vote by millions. Oh wait, he did!!

And for now, here's what the polls say: Most Americans, including an increasing number of Republicans, approve of Trump impeachment inquiry, polls show - MarketWatch

Ah, Marketwatch, that known Commie Leftist website. Say, who did Trump ask for help from during 2016? Was it, I don't know, RUSSIA?? And now China too. That Trump, he's a closet Marxist...

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CarbideBob View Post
    Trying to dive him mad?
    Bob
    I think it can only be the amount of fluoride that's in the USA water...

3. Likes fusker liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I've been thinking about that too. My State voted for Warren in 2020, but Trump won the popular vote. What to do? Could you imagine California casting their EV's for Trump? You know they would never do that.

There are Article II and 15th Amendment problems with the compact- I don't think it stands up to scrutiny. It amounts to delegating votes to someone other than the person who cast it.
    That is the exact problem. By allowing the state's electors to be guided by the vote in 49 other states it effectively disenfranchises the voters within the state. In theory 99 percent of the voters in that state could vote for candidate A and still have the electors all vote for candidate B. The entire compact is illegal from the start.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CarbideBob View Post
    Trying to dive him mad?
    Bob
    It's from the excess nitrogen (Caisson disease).

6. Likes fusker liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

"And for now" is right. That's s snapshot of 1000 people. Quinnipiac had one a week earlier and the numbers were reversed.

It will be interesting to watch as more information is revealed. The IG report is finished and submitted to Congress, rumor is it's not very flattering to the FBI.

Barr and Durham are making a lot of people nervous too.

Sunlight.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sunlight.
    That sounds great. Too bad the president with all the best words is clamming up: White House is seeking outside impeachment counsel help

Yup, nothing like running away to make it clear you're innocent...

So, why do you support the orange coward? If he's got nothing to hide, why is he preventing his co-conspirators from testifying?

9. Likes dcsipo liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    That sounds great. Too bad the president with all the best words is clamming up: White House is seeking outside impeachment counsel help

Yup, nothing like running away to make it clear you're innocent...

So, why do you support the orange coward? If he's got nothing to hide, why is he preventing his co-conspirators from testifying?
    Getting legal advice is running away?

I believe what he said was he would not honor the subpoenas until the House took a vote on an impeachment inquiry. Give him the same rights that Nixon and Clinton got. What's the problem?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

President Best Words should march right into the House and weave his oratorical spell. I'm sure he could convince Pelosi that it's all a big mistake, and that he's really a perfect guy. Just perfect. With his perfect phone calls. And perfect strong-arming of his fellow leaders.

A perfect imbecile. A not so perfect criminal. Perhaps that's why he has Count Chocula as his attorney...

Like I said, if he's innocent he should be happy to have all his calls, all his meeting transcripts, and all his fellow conspirators available to the House.

What's he hiding? Hmmm?

Added - a short video for you: YouTube

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Maryland
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Getting legal advice is running away?

I believe what he said was he would not honor the subpoenas until the House took a vote on an impeachment inquiry. Give him the same rights that Nixon and Clinton got. What's the problem?
    No Problem, he will get it right after the recess. Hopefully, he will keep pissing off his repub supporters with making more bad decisions based on stupid calls with dictators.

dee
    ;-D

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

"And for now" is right. That's s snapshot of 1000 people. Quinnipiac had one a week earlier and the numbers were reversed.
    And why do you think that might be?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Hobby Shop View Post
    I couldn’t help myself.

As I have stated strongly before, and just to reiterate, if Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey (I’ve done before!). They must, with Europe and others, watch over...
    I read that tweet last night. I can't believe anyone making statements like that doesn't need psychiatric help. To me it's really worrying that someone so deluded can have access to nuclear weapons.

Regards Tyrone.

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

But then he tweets Gold like this - and she bites LoL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails capture.jpg  

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
    I read that tweet last night. I can't believe anyone making statements like that doesn't need psychiatric help. To me it's really worrying that someone so deluded can have access to nuclear weapons.

Regards Tyrone.
    I couldn’t agree more. At the very least, I hope he’s hammered when he Tweets.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 80459c9e-7b28-4102-8d95-2eb514d5bac9.jpg  

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    But then he tweets Gold like this - and she bites LoL
    I still don't understand why a Brit longs for a change of the winners from WW2. Is your last name Mosley by any chance? Mostly Autumnal Browns in your wardrobe?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I still don't understand why a Brit longs for a change of the winners from WW2. Is your last name Mosley by any chance? Mostly Autumnal Browns in your wardrobe?
    "a Brit longs for a change of the winners from WW2"

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????

Care to explain that comment and the rest of your rather cryptic post?

And who the hell is "Mosley"?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

How dare I? How dare I not say that those who want to destroy the country should be pointed out and confronted? Those who support the Orange Liar are aiding the traitors, the knaves, and the enablers of undercutting this country who are currently trying to stop the impeachment inquiry.

I dare, because I must. I dare because I love my country. I dare because those who call for their versions of a "Handmaid's Tale" decent into horror are those that must be opposed.

Hey, maybe I'm joking. Just like the jokes that Trump makes when he calls on China, Ukraine, Australia, and other countries to investigate a political opponent. Because that's soooo American...

PS: His kids jumped right into the enrich themselves trough as soon as Trump won the Electoral College. Not the popular vote, he lost that. The majority of voters did NOT want him in office, and that is even further the case now.
    Hillary is presently proclaiming the point that you make - that she won the popular vote in 2016. She claims that she will "beat him again", except neither you nor Hillary mentioned the Electoral College.

It's been pointed out by many others that if the Electoral system were to be abolished as recommended by the democrats and yourself, all future elections would be decided by New York and California. This would effectively disenfranchise the majority of whom you speak.

Is that your goal? Just sayin'.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Newman109 View Post

It's been pointed out by many others that if the Electoral system were to be abolished as recommended by the democrats and yourself, all future elections would be decided by New York and California. This would effectively disenfranchise the majority of whom you speak.

Is that your goal? Just sayin'.
    The popular vote is distinct from the EC, hence no need to state what's been stated (endlessly) yet again.

And to your point on NY/CA doing the electing? Are you so concerned about the Repug efforts to gerrymander districts to the point where they've made their votes (minority) have more effect in the EC? I guess you're not so concerned about that...

21. Likes Greg White liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The popular vote is distinct from the EC, hence no need to state what's been stated (endlessly) yet again.

And to your point on NY/CA doing the electing? Are you so concerned about the Repug efforts to gerrymander districts to the point where they've made their votes (minority) have more effect in the EC? I guess you're not so concerned about that...
    I guess that you are more interested in pettifogging my point. Thanks for responding anyway.

Another question. How do you feel about the Sixth Amendment's right of confrontation by accusers in a criminal matter?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Newman109 View Post
    I guess that you are more interested in pettifogging my point. Thanks for responding anyway.

Another question. How do you feel about the Sixth Amendment's right of confrontation by accusers in a criminal matter?
    I guess you don't care about facts as long as you get your way. It's a Repug bug or feature depending on your grasp on reality.

Impeachment is NOT a criminal matter. That'll be a separate series of trials of Trump and his Trumpettes. God, I'm looking forward to that!

Oh, and Trump has already threatened the life of the first whistleblower (Repugs: It was a joke!), so becoming of an "innocent" man...

24. Likes Greg White liked this post
    Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just Breath and Relax, Breathe and Relax...
    Go along with the ride - don't keep getting bent out of shape by The Don.
    Look at the embarrassment of Dems on the box the other day.
    Killary will come out the cupboard at the 11th hour and get nominated to go against him again in 2020.
    She just cannnnn't help herself.
    And he'll win again LLLMMMAAAOOO!!!

Oh, and I'm a little more colourful than brown