How should the us deal with mexico ? - Page 15
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 15 of 75 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=Mcgyver;3123192]Suppose that were true, didn't your mom teach you two wrongs don't make a right?

My mum taught me that two Wongs don't make a white.

I bet that impresses my Denver neighbour.

2. Likes Mcgyver, Gobo, Bobw liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=camscan;3123259]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcgyver View Post
    Suppose that were true, didn't your mom teach you two wrongs don't make a right?

My mum taught me that two Wongs don't make a white.

I bet that impresses my Denver neighbour.
    Yah but.. keep them out of the sun? Chinese can be whiter than anyone but an Albino, if even.

On which score.. I wonder if HM the Queen had anything to do with the timing of the release of the data on "Cheddar Man" so close to Harry's wedding. She IS reputed to have a lively sense of humor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

In younger years, I was a more or less avid black supremacist . . .

http://www.stonewallvets.org/images/...Love-Songs.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Newman109 View Post
    I get that you are interested in free and open or even no borders so that all of your friends and relatives from Mexico and other Latin countries may freely come and go, perhaps even come over to vote and drop off shipments of drugs and then go back home with the profits.
    Illegals can vote?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by PeteM View Post
    In younger years, I was a more or less avid black supremacist . . .

http://www.stonewallvets.org/images/...Love-Songs.jpg
    "Black?" Ever meet a Senegalese?

There ain't but one and a tiny fraction (maybe..) [1] of "Human race", genetically. All else is but the trim optioned-on, broadest of overlaps in blood type and the rest of the genome under the surface decor.

"Mutts" the whole lot of us as have made it this far.

I class it a hoot as to shaking up the stuffed-up that English before English blue-eyed "Cheddar Man" turns out to have had surface pigmentation similar to the average Cadbury bar! Nearly ALL humans did!

[1] Pure Basque - which may no longer even exist - those of the cave paintings and such, France and Spain, are posited by some to be Cro-Magnon man. Taken with a grain of salt, as I wasn't in the cave that day, condoms or no.

7. Likes AlexO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mcgyver View Post
    I do grant that your powers of self justification are quite incredible, and I know you are never wrong and always have to have the last word. Good qualities of a troll I suppose.

The bottom line is this. You're clearly ok with deciding how to treat people based on skin colour so long as you can justify it to yourself, I'm not. We will never improve until we decide racism is wrong.
    You seem OK with the existing and vestigial racism.
    You seem ok accepting the stolen prosperity based on race.
    Fine...I guess that means you aren't a thief.
    Just a receiver of stolen goods.

Sort of like keeping art your grandpa the SS colonel took from a Jewish home.
    Of course YOU would never do that, but it's yours now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by michiganbuck View Post
    And that may be a low estimate. The Treasury Department reported that congressional travel cost nearly $20 million last year,

what is that about 1/5 of a billion...mostly for vacations. XX correction 1/5 of 100 million, Thanks Newman

Back to immigration .. You can hardly go any place in the USA with not seeing immigration people working in stores and shops.. Good that is what we want, legal people who come to work and join the USA .. Not come here to change it or live on US tax dollars... or the ones who come for doing crimes.
    Excuse me?
    This nation is built on people coming here, committing crimes and changing things...and living on the wealth here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Miguels244 View Post
    Sorry bro.
    Being aware of race is not racism.
    Artificially ignoring it is.

Colorblind Ideology Is a Form of Racism | Psychology Today
    Are you really THAT "confused" ????

How would you know I'm "artificially ignoring it" ? Maybe I'm ignoring it naturally. Maybe I simply do not see people as "of color" because of some mental defect. Does THAT make me a racist ?

Please take your racist agenda somewhere else.

11. Likes Monarchist, Mcgyver, camscan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Monarchist View Post
    Marx was actually no dummy. He assessed the PROBLEM rather well. Great disparity in wealth. He just got the cause of it wrong.

No wonder, then, that the "solution" made it worse rather than better.

<Insert ad hominem attack>
    I've said it for years...Marx was a decent study of humanity.
    The first half of his economics is really just Adam Smith.

What causes disparity in wealth is simple.
    Those with a lot can get more, those with none can't.
    If everyone has a 10% return on their stocks...half of Americans get nothing.
    If housing doubles 40% only see rent increases.
    If the product costs more, the workers see as little as possible while the owner buys more stocks or rentals.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gustafson View Post
    what?

is that supposed to look intelligent?

computer printouts caused billions in losses
    Only if the extra element is present.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by AlexO View Post
    Are you really THAT "confused" ????

How would you know I'm "artificially ignoring it" ? Maybe I'm ignoring it naturally. Maybe I simply do not see people as "of color" because of some mental defect. Does THAT make me a racist ?

Please take your racist agenda somewhere else.
    You are artificially ignoring it.
    You are ignoring your unearned advantage.
    You are doing that because then you can feel better about taking shit you didn't earn.

More importantly you are using your attitude as an excuse to tolerate policies that are racist...viruntly racist at that.
    You don't see color...so redlining no longer matters.
    Nor does centuries of terrorism and violence.
    Nor does justice system disparity.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Marx was actually no dummy. He assessed the PROBLEM rather well. Great disparity in wealth. He just got the cause of it wrong.
    Well put. I read a fair chunk of Marx and I did not dislike it. He did quite well given how much complexity was being exposed at that moment of time.I found Lenin more "brainy". I think he realized it's not going to work but like any good psychopath he decided it won't matter in the very long run.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well put. I read a fair chunk of Marx and I did not dislike it. He did quite well given how much complexity was being exposed at that moment of time.I found Lenin more "brainy". I think he realized it's not going to work but like any good psychopath he decided it won't matter in the very long run.
    Read a great deal more than just a "fair chunk", Marx and tribe. Mostly on the "know thine enemy" basis, early cold-war era.

Took a while longer to grok that he, personally, wasn't the enemy, just an imperfect observer, and that those ass-trampolining to their own ends were.

As to Lenin himself? Mostly a bar of soap by this late stage. Oughta wire him up, fire him up, and see how many meals of kasha porridge he can warm-up for his Lumpen Proletariat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Read a great deal more than just a "fair chunk", Marx and tribe. Mostly on the "know thine enemy" basis, early cold-war era.

Took a while longer to grok that he, personally, wasn't the enemy, just an imperfect observer, and that those ass-trampolining to their own ends were.
    I think that's very nicely put.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As to Lenin himself? Mostly a bar of soap by this late stage. Oughta wire him up, fire him up, and see how many meals of kasha porridge he can warm-up for his Lumpen Proletariat.
    I think that's very nicely put.
    Never the less he was the first observer of the adverse effects to a society caused by feudalism/capitalism.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I read Marx could hardly feed his family ..Perhaps to busy flapping his mouth while somebody worked hard enough to pay the bills...Sit on ones duff with your empty hand asking for dollars...

qt: [Never the less he was the first observer of the adverse effects to a society caused by feudalism/capitalism.]
    observing did not pay his families bill..likely if he did not get assistance his kids would have had to go to work...somebody has to work..

Agree the system kind of regulates the worker wage from near poor to a little well off, but does not regulate as well the higher rich..Still in the USA anyone can become rich with applying effort and good luck. Taxes will never be fair because the Bozos in government take advantage of the same defects...that is just the way it is and shall remain.

QT: [Excuse me?
    [This nation is built on people coming here, committing crimes and changing things...and living on the wealth here.]
    Hope that is not the dreamer's dream because when all the dreamers come the money may run out.

20. Likes alan speyrer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Only if the extra element is present.
    Your ignorance is staggering

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by michiganbuck View Post
    qt: [Never the less he was the first observer of the adverse effects to a society caused by feudalism/capitalism.]
    There was the most fundamental of his several errors. He observed a similar huge disparity in wealth and ass u me'd the systems as had given rise to it were birds of a feather. They were not, and are not.

Nor was he even close to being the first to ponder over perceived societal imbalances and seek means of redress. Not by a long shot.

His poverty, BTW, had a great deal to do with OTHER aspects of bad judgement. Read about it and risk becoming as confused as he was, and as puzzled as he was puzzling.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bucktruck View Post
    Illegals can vote?
    Sure can. Ever been to Chicago? Even the dead vote there. Illegals are welcome to vote and everything else in Chi-town. It's a sanctuary city. Rahm Emanual never met an illegal he didn't like as long as they would vote democrat.

Sadly I was born there. I even got my first Boy Scout knife in Chicago. My Dad helped me pull it out of my leg.

I left Chicago when I found out where I was.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Miguels244 View Post
    You seem OK with the existing and vestigial racism.
    You seem ok accepting the stolen prosperity based on race.
    Fine...I guess that means you aren't a thief.
    Just a receiver of stolen goods.

Sort of like keeping art your grandpa the SS colonel took from a Jewish home.
    Of course YOU would never do that, but it's yours now.
    Your in imagination land again. I've done nothing to anyone and have received no inheritance. For that matter there isn't even slavery in our national history (however notwithstanding, its completely idiotic this notion that someone is accountable for the actions of ancestors)

stop obfuscating your support of racism - own it rather than continually dodging the charge. Diverting attention away from the facts today and worrying about the past of others doesn't take the spot light off your current racist agenda. We can't change the past and the actions of the long dead - we can change what think and believe today - like how about skin colour should NOT be the basis for how to treat people?

The fact today is affirmative action IS racism and you support it. Let's imagine my grandfather had stolen a painting and it was hanging in my den. However reprehensible that might be, on what messed up plane of Alice and Wonderland thinking does that provide an iota of justification for support of racism now?

There is an argument to made that capable people without economic means should receive educational financial support. If there is a group with less economic means because they were repressed in the past this would give them perhaps a disproportional financial benefit compared to other groups. I'm fine with that because it selection by merit not skin colour. Whats is however abhorrent and is as racist as the worst policies of your country's past - and something you seem 100% in favour of - is the racial basis of selection. Its just wrong and is the modern equivalent of the worst racism these groups have been subject to.

25. Likes digger doug liked this post