What's new
What's new

Induction melting furnace to oil fired furnace

Hello everyone has anybody ever converted induction furnace to all fired furnace. Actually I am trying to convert an induction furnace into an oil fired furnace. I need some help regarding this . If there is an old thread about this kindly please mention it . I will be posting more photos of furnace shortly. As this is my first post here I am looking forward to gain some knowledge from more experience personnel.
46b82f01f133d0c8d3d34209c962da60.jpg

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

subhanshahid9492, a lot will depend on the original design of the induction furnace. It's been my limited experience that induction furnaces don't have anything that remotely resembles a firebox or muffle chamber. So while you can probably reuse the innermost potion where the crucible would rest, you will probably have to build 80% of a new furnace around that core.

Can you say a little more about what you have for a setup? What metal are you trying to melt?
I use a similar oil gun to heat one of my forges, if I did some better insulating of the firebrick "igloo" to retain heat it should get hot enough to melt iron.

this is the furnace I have been trying to convert from induction to oil fired furnace. the hot chamber die casting machine. I am going to melt zinc in this furnace
9361c65b27bf2931e14219d2e49d54aa.jpg

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

Says for melting zinc diecast ...not much heat needed...May well be harder to keep the temperature down to usable levels......I dont think much ,or even any insulation is needed......more needed is a temperature regulation system.

Why would it be hard? With the oil burner gun it is very easy and cheap ($25 or less) to just use a temperature controller. Hardest thing is setting the thermocouple in the chamber.

Link to cheap controller: REX-C100 Digital PID Temperature Controller Regulator K Thermocouple 40A US 953880689301 | eBay

I am in the process of converting one of mine to burn waste oil instead of diesel.
Here is a good link for that, you need an air compressor for that though:
ckBurners - info & parts for WVO/WMO burners; reduce foreign oil dependence and carbon footprint

Last edited:
I am in the process of converting one of mine to burn waste oil instead of diesel.
Here is a good link for that, you need an air compressor for that though:
ckBurners - info & parts for WVO/WMO burners; reduce foreign oil dependence and carbon footprint

Look at the link in post 5
There I mention a very basic waste oil burner
First I used a hoover for air Lateron 2 hoovers No compressed air needed
You see it burning in my avatar BTW
I melted cast iron with it

Peter

Back