Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Big B View Post
    OK Ladies, I have some outdoor things to tend to before it gets too hot out. Carry on. I'll be back.
    You should have hired some kids and paid them a livable wage of $40.00 per hour to take care of your lawn.

2. Likes D.Minnich, Oldwrench liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Indiana
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Might try looking at it a different way. If you think the filthy rich aren't paying their fair share then why does it bother you?

If its because you see it as "if I am made to suffer then everyone needs to suffer the same amount as me" then I just see that as a sad way to live life.

If you think the filthy rich should pay more taxes so that money can fund x,y and z(stuff that you want done) then it might be better to go research the funding for x,y and z. There might be better ways to get the funding for what you want other than just thinking if the filthy rich get taxed more then magically x,y and z will get funded.

As for fair being fair then the only true fair method is that everyone has to pay the same tax amount each year no matter how much you make. If the gov needs xxxxxxx amount of revenue each year then take that number and divide by the number of adults in the country then thats what each adult has to pay.

Me personally I have always liked the idea of a flat percent tax but don't ever see it happening.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=D.Minnich;3768686]Oh I give quite a bit.

You better step your game up, you need to make up for the FREE MONEY that corporations like GE are getting. Got a few spare billions? We
    need to be sure those rich folks are happy as clams so they don't go someplace else where the citizens are stupid enough to give them even MORE FREE MONEY.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

According to the latest Federal Income Tax Data updated in 2020, the top 1% paid a greater share of individual income taxes (38.5%) than the bottom 90% combined (29.9%)
    So Big B is full of it. The B must stand for Blowhard
    The top 1% paid an average of 26.8% individual income tax rate, which is more than six times higher than tax payers in the bottom 50% (4.0%)

Also the top 1% is constantly changing with people losing money moving out of it and people gaining money moving into it. It isn't the same small number of people wringing there hands with evil laughter as people like Big B, Rachel Maddow and Don Lemon would have you believe

Summary of the Latest Federal Income Tax Data, 2020 Update

6. Likes Oldwrench liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by turnworks View Post
    Me personally I have always liked the idea of a flat percent tax but don't ever see it happening.
    Think of the huge number of tax accountants and lawyers that would become unemployed with no usable job skills if this came to pass.
    How many IRS jobs would be lost?
    Arguably a complicated tax code is a job creator and well paying jobs at that....
    Bob

8. Likes D.Minnich liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Announced today that Biden will purchase 500 million Pfizer vaccine doses for distribution to 92 low income countries.

No doubt this should mean jobs for American workers and greater taxes paid by Pfizer.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CarbideBob View Post
    Think of the huge number of tax accountants and lawyers that would become unemployed with no usable job skills if this came to pass.
    Arguably a complicated tax code is a job creator and well paying jobs at that....
    Bob
    Government agencies never.get smaller. Never. No matter what. The IRS is an industry that Biden is in the process of expanding.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Indiana
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CarbideBob View Post
    Bob

Self interest governs all. I think that a simple tax code would help more than it would hurt overall but again just my personal opinion. One door closes another opens and all that stuff but I wouldn't be the one to have to learn a different trade so its easy for me to say.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Miss quote, site not working properly, probably due to all the damn ads and my slow connection.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Juat another example of the insanity of the trump cult members thinking that if they keep doing the same thing over and over they will end up with different results. How many times do you think votes need to be counted to get a proper answer. Probably like trump you expect them to "find 11,780 votes" or how ever many it takes to show that trump won, which he didn't.

trump and his cult machine are using this whole election steal thing to bilk suckers like you out of their money. Keep sending it in though. Send it all in if yo are a good cult member.
    “ How many times do you think votes need to be counted to get a proper answer. ”

According to some not even once. It is not worth looking into because persons do not really like the possibility of something wrong in a highly contested election. It is settled. For what it is worth there has been efforts in the past to verify results and that actually goes a long way to voter confidence. This go around that was openly opposed and vilified. The result of that is a large populous feeling ignored.

I get that it is a mess yet at least reviewing the State election laws which was/is being done and the voting process is a valid way to prevent likely voting problems should be welcomed yet those measures are highly criticized. It only deepens the hard feelings. It can not be stopped because the States have the power.

No one wished before to essentially challenge the good intentions of the states to make voting during covid easier. The intent is pure when looked at in the eyes of the States and their rights. Let’s hope they don’t go hog wild with law writing to go to extremes. Already that is happening because States have been emboldened with being allowed to actually perform their rightful function.

One never knows maybe some states might want autonomy. Passports required to travel through Texas. The Florida Navy controlling shipping lanes into and out of the area. Lol. Likely not that far yet Texas maybe.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=jim rozen;3768713]
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Minnich View Post
    Oh I give quite a bit.

You better step your game up, you need to make up for the FREE MONEY that corporations like GE are getting. Got a few spare billions? We
    need to be sure those rich folks are happy as clams so they don't go someplace else where the citizens are stupid enough to give them even MORE FREE MONEY.
    They do not have to get it is theirs unless you have lawmakers write and enforce Ferrell and State taxes. You can not blame it easily on anyone really as so far y’all have not attached blame even on the Orange Devil.

“And Rosen crosses himself”

For my friend Jim;
    153a6a0d-2500-4f6b-bce2-0f4af0d218c8.jpg

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wyoming
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

B, why in the world are you so bitter about entrepreneurs who earned ten or twenty times what you claim to have earned in your lifetime? Ever consider the possibility that they may have simply applied themselves ten or twenty times harder than you, and/or risked commensurately more? Not every successful guy is a trust fund kid.

Five pages of an old union crank melting his keyboard...not exactly an inspiring vision for beginning machinists. No mystery why the more thoughtful have left PM. Not everybody is fixated on whatever strategy GE employs to minimize its tax exposure; most of us don't have time for envy, we're busy.

16. Likes D.Minnich liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Oh I give quite a bit. Our Gods are just different. My giving's are on Sundays...not tax time. So where do you get the idea that I am a programmer? I am a Cost estimator of metal stampings and tools, the only thing I program is maybe formulas on a spreadsheet. It just goes to show how much attention you don't pay because you are only here to spew Trump hate. I feel sorry for you. Good God, I hope no Tenant of yours that voted Trump ever let you find out about it...or I'll really feel sorry for them.
    I don't talk politics with my tenants.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Shawnrs View Post
    You should have hired some kids and paid them a livable wage of $40.00 per hour to take care of your lawn.
    Know any kids that can diagnose the fuel system on a vintage Cadillac? My auto shop isn't air conditioned and if I could find someone that wanted to fix it I'd be all for it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by turnworks View Post
    Might try looking at it a different way. If you think the filthy rich aren't paying their fair share then why does it bother you?

If its because you see it as "if I am made to suffer then everyone needs to suffer the same amount as me" then I just see that as a sad way to live life.

If you think the filthy rich should pay more taxes so that money can fund x,y and z(stuff that you want done) then it might be better to go research the funding for x,y and z. There might be better ways to get the funding for what you want other than just thinking if the filthy rich get taxed more then magically x,y and z will get funded.

As for fair being fair then the only true fair method is that everyone has to pay the same tax amount each year no matter how much you make. If the gov needs xxxxxxx amount of revenue each year then take that number and divide by the number of adults in the country then thats what each adult has to pay.

You have zero understanding of how government works. Do you really think that someone that makes $30K a year should owe as many dollars as someone who makes a billion dollars a year? That's pretty fucked up.

We never used to have a national debt until we started with these tax cuts for the rich. Now look at where we are. We have had a systematic looting of our national treasury by the rich with the help of a lot of politicians that they paid to elect.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You have zero understanding of how government works. Do you really think that someone that makes $30K a year should owe as many dollars as someone who makes a billion dollars a year? That's pretty fucked up.

We never used to have a national debt until we started with these tax cuts for the rich. Now look at where we are. We have had a systematic looting of our national treasury by the rich with the help of a lot of politicians that they paid to elect.
    Well looks like someone got into the IRS records. Top names are usually considered Democrats:

Wealth Growth Total Income Reported Total Taxes Paid True Tax Rate

Warren Buffett

Berkshire Hathaway Inc.

$24.3B $125M $23.7M 0.10%

Jeff Bezos

Amazon.com Inc.

$99.0B $4.22B $973M 0.98%

Michael Bloomberg

Bloomberg LP

$22.5B $10.0B $292M 1.30%

Elon Musk

Tesla Inc.

$13.9B $1.52B $455M 3.27%

I'm sure there is plenty of those who take advantage of the tax system on both sides of the aisle.

Long article link: The Secret IRS Files: Trove of Never-Before-Seen Records Reveal How the Wealthiest Avoid Income Tax — ProPublica

21. Likes D.Minnich liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

According to the latest Federal Income Tax Data updated in 2020, the top 1% paid a greater share of individual income taxes (38.5%) than the bottom 90% combined (29.9%)
    So Big B is full of it. The B must stand for Blowhard
    The top 1% paid an average of 26.8% individual income tax rate, which is more than six times higher than tax payers in the bottom 50% (4.0%)

Also the top 1% is constantly changing with people losing money moving out of it and people gaining money moving into it. It isn't the same small number of people wringing there hands with evil laughter as people like Big B, Rachel Maddow and Don Lemon would have you believe

Summary of the Latest Federal Income Tax Data, 2020 Update
    And the rich likely own most of the assets in this country so it makes sense that they would pay most of the taxes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by standardparts View Post
    Government agencies never.get smaller. Never. No matter what. The IRS is an industry that Biden is in the process of expanding.
    Hopefully the IRS will start auditing people with money again instead of low level earners.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trueturning View Post
    “ How many times do you think votes need to be counted to get a proper answer. ”

According to some not even once. It is not worth looking into because persons do not really like the possibility of something wrong in a highly contested election. It is settled. For what it is worth there has been efforts in the past to verify results and that actually goes a long way to voter confidence. This go around that was openly opposed and vilified. The result of that is a large populous feeling ignored.

I get that it is a mess yet at least reviewing the State election laws which was/is being done and the voting process is a valid way to prevent likely voting problems should be welcomed yet those measures are highly criticized. It only deepens the hard feelings. It can not be stopped because the States have the power.

No one wished before to essentially challenge the good intentions of the states to make voting during covid easier. The intent is pure when looked at in the eyes of the States and their rights. Let’s hope they don’t go hog wild with law writing to go to extremes. Already that is happening because States have been emboldened with being allowed to actually perform their rightful function.

One never knows maybe some states might want autonomy. Passports required to travel through Texas. The Florida Navy controlling shipping lanes into and out of the area. Lol. Likely not that far yet Texas maybe.
    This in Arizona. How many times to you think elections need to be audited? Several previous audits upheld the accuracy of the vote count.
    Arizona’s Republican governor, Doug Ducey, certified the state election results along with Arizona’s Republican attorney general and the chief justice of the state Supreme Court, a Republican appointee.
    State and federal judges examined the allegations of fraud and found no supporting evidence.
    Biden would have won the presidency even without the state’s 11 electoral votes.
    The exercise will change nothing, whatever its alleged findings.

But that isn't enough for trump cult members. They will keep counting until they get the answer that they want. Oops, did we lost some Biden ballots? Maybe find 11,780 votes like trump was looking for in Georgia.

Kind of like voting 75 times to stop Obamacare. What a bunch of nut cases catering to nut case trump cult members.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldwrench View Post
    B, why in the world are you so bitter about entrepreneurs who earned ten or twenty times what you claim to have earned in your lifetime? Ever consider the possibility that they may have simply applied themselves ten or twenty times harder than you, and/or risked commensurately more? Not every successful guy is a trust fund kid.

Five pages of an old union crank melting his keyboard...not exactly an inspiring vision for beginning machinists. No mystery why the more thoughtful have left PM. Not everybody is fixated on whatever strategy GE employs to minimize its tax exposure; most of us don't have time for envy, we're busy.
    I have no problem with people who make 1 or 20 or even 100 times as much as I have in my lifetime. I do have a problem with those who make 10,000 times as much as I do AND keep trying to get their taxes cut. Again and again. How much wealth is enough?

Have you ever thought about what life would be like if we had only a few families controlling 99.999% of all assets in this country. Want to rent a building for a business? That will be $400/sq. ft. per month or else get back to work. Need to rent a house? That'll be $10K a month for a two bedroom. Just like a monopoly game but with real people. What could be more fun? Don't like it. Live outdoors. Of course you will need to pay for the privilege of staying on private property.

Want to go to the store? Pay the man or stay home. It's all toll roads baby. Gotta make sure the rich don't go hungry.