Inheritance tax. How does your country do it? Opinions? - Page 6
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=Trueturning;3768316]...Climate change is not causing it ...

Quickest way to trigger a wingnut: say someplace like phoenix is getting hotter, or FL is in water trouble, or 100 year storms are now every year:

NO IT'S NOT CLIMATE CHANGE LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU NOT LISTENING

Wait, is that a tornado siren...? I had my earplugs in...

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Big B View Post
    Maybe he has the same doctor as trump. He may even be the second healthiest person in the world after trump.
    That is ok and funny.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Did he stiff the contractors for doing the work. If not he must not have attended trump university where they appear to have taught bankruptcy as a business model like their name sake has done for his entire adult life. Screwing people out of money so that he wouldn't end up pissing his whole inheritance away.
    How many contractors did he stiff? A Billion ? I do not think he stiffed you did he. Maybe he stiffed based on certain criteria? It is the case that you convince yourself. That he and any wealthy person that you do not like is not actually providing value and prosperity? The money will go away one day anyway.

Maybe his taxes will show he did as he said he did followed the law.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=Trueturning;3768320]Lordy if only that was the snug total ...

Quick primer: governors = state officials. Senators and representatives = federal government. Try to keep the snug totals straight....

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What is it with some of you that you can't comprehend what you read? Jim Rozen's post was pretty clear that what he doesn't like about GE is that they pay no taxes. Please, if you don't understand something try reading it again.
    “ What is it with some of you that you can't comprehend what you read?” what is it that you don’t see when they have actually made a good point to a rational human being.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This has very little do so with taking from people who have money and giving it to people with little money and everything to do with paying the nations bills and having those with the money to pay those bills. You can't get water out of a rock. It's kind of like expecting Mexico to pay for trumps stupid wall. They can barely feed themselves as a country. They sure as hell aren't going to pay for a wall anymore than the bottom 10% of the USA are going to pay our bills.

Those with the means should pay the bills.
    “ Those with the means should pay the bills.”

I agree if they are filthy rich and paying you they must be insane. Take all their money away and then the government can then do what give back a pittance of the amount back in welfare? The government spends too much and they have insatiable addiction. Fairness is not always raising it sometimes it is not wasting it.

What a concept right?

You never even mentioned any response or just notice of this point I made earlier you are drifting off the topic. They are reasons why the capital gains is the way it is. I think TR pointed out changing that effects the whole investment scene for everyone when it is increased unless the rich are targeted alone.

“ The justification for a lower tax rate on capital gains relative to ordinary income is threefold: it is not indexed for inflation, it is a double tax, and it encourages present consumption over future consumption. ... Finally, a capital gains tax, like nearly all of the federal tax code, is a tax on future consumption.”

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=jim rozen;3768329]
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueturning View Post
    Lordy if only that was the snug total ...

Quick primer: governors = state officials. Senators and representatives = federal government. Try to keep the snug totals straight....
    When you are right you are right. They do seem like they are all cut from the same cloth though Jim. I went back and corrected it Jim. Sorry.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=jim rozen;3768322]
    ...Climate change is not causing it ...

Quickest way to trigger a wingnut: say someplace like phoenix is getting hotter, or FL is in water trouble, or 100 year storms are now every year:

NO IT'S NOT CLIMATE CHANGE LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU NOT LISTENING

Wait, is that a tornado siren...? I had my earplugs in...
    I know the differences in frequency. The predictions of doom faded as did the frequency and intensity curve showing the upward trend.

9. Likes 4miller1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You brought it up Gumbie.
    I brought it up in a quote from someone else saying that we have congresspeople worth 10 billion dollars. I asked them who it is that is a congressperson that is worth 10 billion. Please try to keep up.

11. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Lordy if only that was the sum (changed to appease Mr. Rosen) - (on short notice I could not find a exorcist) total of most of your off the beam beliefs. We could maybe work with just one. Billionnnssss and Billionssss.
    Once again you aren't paying attention. When I asked who the congess people that were worth 10 billion someone else answered that the governor of Illinois is rich. Congress person doesn't equal governor. But in trump cult world it doesn't matter. Just some person is close enough.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

How many contractors did he stiff? A Billion ? I do not think he stiffed you did he. Maybe he stiffed based on certain criteria? It is the case that you convince yourself. That he and any wealthy person that you do not like is not actually providing value and prosperity? The money will go away one day anyway.

Maybe his taxes will show he did as he said he did followed the law.
    Back to the original post here is the inheritance tax laws and if trump gets his way the money won't go away, if he actually has any money. It would go tax free to his children.

Still waiting for that pathological liar to release his taxes like he lied and said he would do. Of course you trump cult nut cases will make all kinds of excuses for him but the fact is that he lied about releasing his taxes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=jim rozen;3768329]
    Lordy if only that was the snug total ...

To the trump cult people a president is the same as a dog catcher. They both work for the government so they are equal. Not the sharpest tools in the shed those trump cult people.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I brought it up in a quote from someone else saying that we have congresspeople worth 10 billion dollars. I asked them who it is that is a congressperson that is worth 10 billion. Please try to keep up.
    Who said that B? Seriously.

I noticed this one.

1. it's a good idea to elect a politician who tells us that he is worth over 10 billion dollars? Of course it's just another of trumps thousands of lies in the last four years but apparently a lot of his cult members still believe it.

Salesmen exaggerate and real Estate is one of the worst ways exaggerations happen all of them tend to ask too much and appraise too high. They all tend to believe it too.

2. There will no doubt be what some people will consider waste on the infrastructure bill but at least some of the money will got to infrastructure instead of into the pockets of the billionaire class like trumps stimulus plan.

3. As to the government bailing out union pension plans, you don't know shit as usual about this. Do you think that only union pension plans get bailed out? If our government had and enforced regulations to make sure that businesses fully funded pension plans wouldn't need bailouts. And just for the record, it isn't Democrats that are letting businesses raid their pension funds.

4. "we don't need a tax increase". Are you saying that we don't need any taxes at all to run our country? It appears that way. What we need is to pay our bills and if that means adding more taxes so be it. You war hawks seem to think that our military budget should be 90% of our budget and that's total bullshit. Beware of the military industrial complex. It's just another way of funneling tax dollars to big business.”

With the ten Billion were you referring to the Great Orange Pumpkin? No biggie B.

I see now B what you meant. He is said to have done this ; “ At his presidential campaign announcement last month, Trump unveiled a single-page report that described his net worth as being approximately $8.7 billion. However, at the same time, Trump claimed he would be worth "well over $10 billion" after an unspecified "increase." Trump's claims about his wealth vastly exceed outside estimates. As of this writing, Forbes lists Trump's net worth as $4.1 billion.”

Fair enough B.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=Big B;3768373]
    Quote Originally Posted by jim rozen View Post

To the trump cult people a president is the same as a dog catcher.
    Guess that explains Dementia Joe's choice for VP. Whoof Whoof

17. Likes D.Minnich, tdmidget liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Gee, what a surprise. A topic that could've been useful and resourceful to the membership, but instead turned into another "2 minutes of Hate" for a guy no longer in control.

I've lost both parents in the the last 6 years, and have dealt with and can speak intelligently about inheritance tax. But this thread isn't about that.

It's a springboard from the locked and deleted threads. Frothing at the mouth in the rearview, but no eyeball on the front view.

For all of your furious keyboard thrashing Big B, you certainly don't spend much time lauding Biden. Sing us his praises.

19. Likes Trueturning, camscan, Oldwrench liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jim rozen View Post
    boo hoo hoo. Maybe they'll go to texas where the power grid keeps breaking. Or to FL where the salt intrusion is wreaking havoc with the water systems.

Or, like GM did in Tarrytown, they could extort tax break after tax break - and the still cut and run. Tell ya what, why don't YOU lobby your local government to give some company free money - paid for by YOU. Hate welfare? You should hate corporate welfare too!
    "Cut And Run" would make a great title for an anthem to New York....LOL

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gewehr 98 View Post
    Gee, what a surprise. A topic that could've been useful and resourceful to the membership, but instead turned into another "2 minutes of Hate" for a guy no longer in control.

I've lost both parents in the the last 6 years, and have dealt with and can speak intelligently about inheritance tax. But this thread isn't about that.

It's a springboard from the locked and deleted threads. Frothing at the mouth in the rearview, but no eyeball on the front view.

For all of your furious keyboard thrashing Big B, you certainly don't spend much time lauding Biden. Sing us his praises.
    Liberals can see what a steaming mess the team of Biden/Harris is and are at a loss to even bring up thier names. Many liberals are going to be impacted in a very negative way but fear retribution from other liberals and Democrats if they speak out.

Democrats now are reduced to hating whatever thier leadership has determined to be a political challenge to absolute rule. Hate the rich. Hate Trump. Hate white males. Hate guns. Hate corporations. Hate fossil fuels...It's the way of Liberal Democrats. It's all they know.

Heck, Joe Biden can't even stand up and challenge the source of C-19. But then again what can you expect from someone who was installed in office to carry out the bidding of others.

Say His Name! Joe Biden. LMAO

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I never knew that governors were congress people. When did they change that?
    Never said they were.

23. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Seems unions get a really good deal. Great to have a inside track and multi generations in it. Coddled people with entitlement. Glad you got it.

The best thing achieved was in fact the Union. It did not bring much innovation and positive advancements in manufacturing. It still left the country. The Unions refused to stop it and most likely sold out to it.
    In the U.S. only 10% of workers are union.

25. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Once again you aren't paying attention. When I asked who the congess people that were worth 10 billion someone else answered that the governor of Illinois is rich. Congress person doesn't equal governor. But in trump cult world it doesn't matter. Just some person is close enough.
    OK Big B-ess your right. You win and get two scoops.