What's new
What's new

Iscar Indexable Slitting

maineway

Plastic
Looking for advise on using iscar slitting saw. Saw diameter is 7.870” with 16 inserts.
cutting full saw diameter in inco 625
Manual feed.
Machine min rpms in low range is 40rpms
(80sfm) for the cutter. Inserts call for a min of 230sfm.
Please advise.

Manual machine, presumably with acme screw drive? Conventional mill, do not climb. As to feed, consider how stiff/stable the machine is and find the balance. Whatever you do, don't rub, maintain your cut.

Good flow of coolant will help, and I'd use a face shield as well as safety glasses.

[To be honest, I'd probably not try cutting Inco 625 with a saw that big on manual equipment]

Its a R&D situation normally I would laugh at the idea but its a must in this situation. good results with sub par rigidity and a fully custom tool holder. Coolant isn't an option in this case either. Thanks for your reply so fast. I was thinking about increasing rpms for a less interrupted cut. Trying to minimize deflection by staying on centerline. But i think the feed must be cut back drastically if i increase tool over 250-275 rpms.

Well...
225sfm (110rpms) was the ticket.
Total depth of .375” in inco 625 was achieved with no coolant six times. Manual fed slowly but constant. Not the ideal situation. Only one insert chipped (1/16)
Would recommend a HSS saw or key cutter for future use with 32 or more teeth.

Back