Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thermite View Post
    Why wish? Just move to Kolding, Denmark.

A stupid thread I'd normally avoid commenting on and in but congratulations asshole, I'm posting just this once in it.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by LKeithR View Post
    I near spit my teeth out when I read that. I'm sure that turn-around time would be real short too...
    I got a good laugh myself. And then.. If you need ACCURACY? Just mark them well. Put them alongside highways in Western Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Kentucky, or Tennessee.

Downside is you might get the odd wallowed-out hole. Even Mountain boys can't always get the whole magazine through but the one 'thout nibbling and edge here and there...

3. Likes Locodad liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    A stupid thread I'd normally avoid commenting on and in but congratulations asshole, I'm posting just this once in it.
    Aye. And with your standard quality of content, lack of humour OR relevance, and.. dare I say it world-class borrrrring response!

Not to be mean minded, my arsehole has dealt with messier s**t, and does appreciate the odd compliment. Doesn't GET much "odder", anyway, does it?

Surely WISH we could believe the "just this once" part, too, but we have come to know Lego-Trolls far better than THAT.

More's the pity.

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thermite I credited you with more intelligence than to post most of the shit you post.
    No option but to put you on "ignore" again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!! Just this once...................HAHAHAHA...........there's no "just this once" with Gordo....................HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Ah man, great way to start off a Monday morning(chuckling). Thanks Gord for the laugh................HAHAHAHA............

1-8-.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by david n View Post
    Ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!! Just this once...................HAHAHAHA...........there's no "just this once" with Gordo....................HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Ah man, great way to start off a Monday morning(chuckling). Thanks Gord for the laugh................HAHAHAHA............

1-8-.jpg
    Please do not expect a reply to this post, you have already been told he will only respond once,mind you......

8. Likes thermite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Antlerbob View Post
    Hi, first I should say "Hi" to everyone! I'm new to this website and I'm very excited about using it.

Second, the reason I registered with "Practical Machinist" is I have a small 4"x 4" thin piece of metal I need stamped out and therefore I'm looking for an easy to deal with Machine Shop in China. This would be a small monthly order of possibly 30-40 pieces. Also, I would prefer to deal with a smaller machine shop if possible.

Since, I've never use a Chinese Company before, I would appreciate any advice and/or recommendations you may have.

Kind Regards,
    Bob in Spring, Texas
    I was curious if you have done business using any US jobshops yet? I know that a lot of manufacturing overall in China seems to take on the best arrangements possible. Predictability and stability in producing a product from any country seems a major consideration. A lot of the really serious moves of offshoring manufacturing to China include many of the exact same considerations as any shop would consider.

One major consideration is to maximize the capacity you mave you make in the most efficient and cost effective manner possible. Quantities are a major consideration anywhere because when a company does your job for the first time they will consider the opportunity costs of doing the job for you considering how they utilize capacity most wisely making the most profitable use of their equipment and labor in a 24 hour time period (for the Truly efficient types). Now if you find a shop which wants more work then you may have a good pricing advantage and ordering local you get your stuff quicker and can better work with a US jobshop rather than using a more complicated process by off shoring.

Also you may find that if you pay for the work they do for you in the timely manner in which they desire that gives you some leverage if you need more or less yet definitely try to avoid going with too few units to make. Try to do a minimum order and many times a shop will determine what they need to even start the machine up to do your job or others. New shops may be hungry for work so they may take in anything so they can pay salaries,equipment purchases,and property costs.

Check them toward ward the last week of the month for a quote as they may be willing to discount you if they have need of more business for the month or even if they are just choosing to get more money in for the month after breaking even for your month.

I think a China company or even a company in Mexico will want quantities. I would suspect hopefully that any country which would show themselves as smart as the Chinese have been would also seek quantities larger and stable in nature to make movement forward and upward for the prosperity of their country.

Anyway these are only a few of the things which come to my mind upon trying to input in a good way regarding your post.

Good of luck to you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Being that you are in from Texas my recommendation would be to cut them out with tinsnips then stick them with duct tape to posts near a highway. The locals will shoot them full of holes for free. The size and location accuracy will be as good as ones made in China to your specs.
    Bill D
    Hey! I'm a better shot than that!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    Thermite I credited you with more intelligence than to post most of the shit you post.
    No option but to put you on "ignore" again.
    You sure told him.

12. Likes thermite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by converterking View Post
    You sure told him.
    LOL. Too bad when we put someone on ignore, we still see their posts when quoted by another member. If anything, they serve as confirmation that the decision was sound- I'm surprised he didn't include a Wikipedia link to the definition of 'intelligence' or 'ignore'.

14. Likes converterking, thermite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thermite View Post
    Why wish? Just move to Kolding, Denmark.

Or change your name to termite?👋🏿

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by converterking View Post
    You sure told him.
    I giggle every time, funniest recurring thing on the board. On no please Gordo, please anything but ignore!!!!

Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    British Columbia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Dear Bob, you'll need to fly over the Thailand or Vietnam. In China they are just going to laugh at you, though I suspect for the price of your ticket you could buy an old press and make these parts yourself and then not have to argue with someone on the other side of the Pacific who knows they have you by the short hairs and will proceed to milk you like a Jersey cow.

Actually, I was just joking there, sorry! You should send detailed drawings of your part to the commercial attache at the Chinese Embassy in Washington and ask for their advice. They probably know of lots of suitable shops over there that would be glad of the business. Be sure to include a large SASE so they can return your drawings afterwards.

Maybe put in a nice Easter card and some chocolates too?