What's new
What's new

Canadian Trucker's Convoy affecting supply of mfg goods and materials?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalG

Diamond
Can 50,000 Canadian truckers, and a smattering of US drivers headed to Ottawa make a difference?

East west in Canada

North South between US and Canada?

Is a 80 km long convoy of trucks and trailers significant?

Obviously, taking any number of transport units off line is going to make some difference/ difficulties.

This is just bigger than what one might expect.

I really dislike people using public thoroughfares for protests. Their wanton disregard for inconvenience caused to others makes them real assholes imo, whether its this or BLM or whatever.

will it make any difference? Not to me. one day annoyance increase on the 401 in the GTA and bunch of wasted time, equipment and expensive gas. The annoyance factor on GTA's stretch of the 401 is already so high, not sure how much it will matter to anyone. If anything more will think of them inconsiderate assholes which usually doesn't help spread one's message.

Fortunately, I'm working from home today. I guess other my disdain for the use of thoroughfares, its in the who gives a crap department

Als die Nazis die Kommunisten holten,
habe ich geschwiegen;
ich war ja kein Kommunist.

Als sie die Sozialdemokraten einsperrten,
habe ich geschwiegen;
ich war ja kein Sozialdemokrat.

Als sie die Gewerkschafter holten,
habe ich nicht protestiert;
ich war ja kein Gewerkschafter.

Als sie die Juden holten,
habe ich geschwiegen;
ich war ja kein Jude.

Als sie mich holten,
gab es keinen mehr, der protestierte

Martin Friedrich Gustav Emil Niemöller(с)

I really dislike people using public thoroughfares for protests. Their wanton disregard for inconvenience caused to others makes them real assholes imo, whether its this or BLM or whatever.

will it make any difference? Not to me. one day annoyance increase on the 401 in the GTA and bunch of wasted time, equipment and expensive gas. The annoyance factor on GTA's stretch of the 401 is already so high, not sure how much it will matter to anyone. If anything more will think of them inconsiderate assholes which usually doesn't help spread one's message.

Fortunately, I'm working from home today. I guess other my disdain for the use of thoroughfares, its in the who gives a crap department

Weird, it said I did not have permission to like this, definitely agree. It seems protesters do not give a rats ass who they inconvenience.

Als die Nazis die Kommunisten holten,
habe ich geschwiegen;
ich war ja kein Kommunist.

Als sie die Sozialdemokraten einsperrten,
habe ich geschwiegen;
ich war ja kein Sozialdemokrat.

Als sie die Gewerkschafter holten,
habe ich nicht protestiert;
ich war ja kein Gewerkschafter.

Als sie die Juden holten,
habe ich geschwiegen;
ich war ja kein Jude.

Als sie mich holten,
gab es keinen mehr, der protestierte

When the Nazis took the communists
I was silent
I wasn't a communist.

When they imprisoned the Social Democrats
I was silent
I wasn't a social democrat.

When they got the unionists
I didn't protest;
I wasn't a union member.

When they took the Jews
I was silent
I wasn't a Jew.

when they took me
there was no one to protest

Now at $6,453,330
Site active and accepting funds. OK if a toss in a few bucks in the name of "digger doug"?

keep me out of this, I don't support GoFlockMe in any way, shape, nor form.
That, and the fact my name doesn't xlate into French very well....:D

"Accepting" and "Distributing" are qty (2) different things.....

Now at $6,453,330
Site active and accepting funds. OK if a toss in a few bucks in the name of "digger doug"?

I read

Money is going in, but gofuckme is not letting them out. Not sure on details.

but fuel for thousands of trucks must be a big bill.

Still, I wonder what products or goods will be affected with those transport units out of service? Maybe some are carrying paying loads, maybe not.

No problem-o
My prediction:
1. Trudope will blame the U.S.ofA
2. Trudope will begin a system where you need a registration card to buy fuel,
along the same lines as the ammo program.

1. He's already put the blame on the fringe minorty who only want to sow hate and fear.
2. Don't give him any ideas.

Hey, I'm just fine with people not taking the vaccine - shorter lines and easier access for me.

Just, maybe, perhaps - if you get Covid, stay at home. I'll send some bleach and horse dewormer to you. The hospitals are already full and really don't have room for you guys anyway.

I’ve already drove through this today from Western Ontario to past the Eastern GTA. There weren’t “thousands of trucks”.

It’s a vocal minority of anti-vaxxing morons who have somehow become paragons of publicity for the trucking industry.

If this was a protest in favour of truckers I’d support it. But it’s not. It’s RW fringe BS.

Both Trudeau and Ford are shitstains on our country. We pay the highest electricity bills in the world. Our Hwy 427 toll road was built with public funds and then sold to a parasitic Spanish company. We’ve shut down our College of Trades and replaced it with nothing, having the College in a pseudo-existence for four years now. We pay an average of 37% income tax in a country that barely has a meaningful economy. We’ve let foreign speculators decimate our housing markets such that anyone under 40 has a slim chance of ever owning a home. This country is the ultimate example of Boomer mentality: fuck you, I got mine.

But please, let these mouth-breathing rubes focus on protesting the issues that matter most.

I’ve already drove through this today from Western Ontario to past the Eastern GTA. There weren’t “thousands of trucks”.

It’s a vocal minority of anti-vaxxing morons who have somehow become paragons of publicity for the trucking industry.

If this was a protest in favour of truckers I’d support it. But it’s not. It’s RW fringe BS.

Both Trudeau and Ford are shitstains on our country. We pay the highest electricity bills in the world. Our Hwy 427 toll road was built with public funds and then sold to a parasitic Spanish company. We’ve shut down our College of Trades and replaced it with nothing, having the College in a pseudo-existence for four years now. We pay an average of 37% income tax in a country that barely has a meaningful economy. We’ve let foreign speculators decimate our housing markets such that anyone under 40 has a slim chance of ever owning a home. This country is the ultimate example of Boomer mentality: fuck you, I got mine.

But please, let these mouth-breathing rubes focus on protesting the issues that matter most.

There's an awful lot of damage that must be addressed, up there and down here. It would be nice if we had some pols that were willing to put in THE WORK to get the fixing started, but I guess we'd have to elect them first, wouldn't we?

There's an awful lot of damage that must be addressed, up there and down here. It would be nice if we had some pols that were willing to put in THE WORK to get the fixing started, but I guess we'd have to elect them first, wouldn't we?

"to get the fixing started"....That is why the Biden/Harris team was elected. No more mean tweets from Orange Man and Joey bringing both sides together in peace and harmony. Every poll shows how Americans feel about the job Joe is doing.

This came across.

A perspective on what they are up to
0f9da124b2182a37.jpg

I still wonder how it all might effect the number of kumquats at the local grocery in Saskatoon.

you are definitely not talking about Russia? hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back