What's new
What's new

Is MFG(dot)com still bad or are people using it??

hsms

Plastic
Hello everyone

I am a Danish entrepreneur working on an online platform similar to MFG(dot)com but for EU, where purchasers can request and compare quotations on metal part manufacturing. I have read a few *old* threads on this forum where people complain about MFG(dot)com.

Since I am building something similar I am very curious to know more about your experience with MFG(dot)com. I know that suppliers complained about spending a lot of money to commit to the site for 12 months without getting new business. I also know that suppliers felt they where making a lot of quotations without winning business as they where Chinese manufacturers or job shops who where desperate and willing to take a loss to get the job. (I guess that have changed with the current situation in the market lol).

Please share your experiences:

• What is your general impression of MFG(dot)com?
  • What problem is it solving?
  • Where in particular you see the concept winning/failing?
  • What could be improved about the concept?
  • Are you using it? Why? Why not?
  • Do you prefer X0metry over mfg(dot)com? Why/why not?

Hopefully we can have a great discussion about the future of digital manufacturing!

Looking forward to read your replies

P.s. See attached screenshots of the concept - sorry for it being in Danish

BRIndhent tilbud 1.jpgIndhent tilbud 2.jpg

Hello everyone

I am a Danish entrepreneur working on an online platform similar to MFG(dot)com but for EU, where purchasers can request and compare quotations on metal part manufacturing. I have read a few *old* threads on this forum where people complain about MFG(dot)com.

Since I am building something similar I am very curious to know more about your experience with MFG(dot)com.
I guess that you read a few comments and didn't believe them as they don't fit your narrative.

Or your a troll for MFG.com

Because the subject has been beaten to death....several times.

Back