What's new
What's new

Mitch Free (MFG.COM) STARTED A COMPANY

No. People think he's a worthless asshole. Now he started his own shop to compete with everyone else in the race to the bottom. What an asshole.

You have to love his ethics.

He's the one who rips everyone off with mfg.com. Now he has his own shop to bid on the work on his own site.

So...does he now send the jobs out for quote... then use your 'quote' thereby saving time on his end not having to put labor into quote? Just wondering?

I apologize Lord...I couldn't resist...(I'll probably go to Hell for that one)....:stirthepot:

So...does he now send the jobs out for quote... then use your 'quote' thereby saving time on his end not having to put labor into quote? Just wondering?

I apologize Lord...I couldn't resist...(I'll probably go to Hell for that one)....:stirthepot:

I have seen that done.
Worse I have seen my designs sitting on a customers floor...pulled directly off my proposal and covered in Chinese stickers.
Sort of upset me...fortunately that was in CA so I wasn't armed.

I think a drunk with only a 60 deg. file could have cut the threads better than that... Then again... maybe that's what he's using :D

--Hawk
Damn that's ugly.
If I were the QA guy that would be recycled.
I like how they didn't bother cleaning the part before presenting it.

The boy must have the gift of gab.....amazing all this investment for something that no one seems to actually benefit from. I really don't get it.... someone, somewhere must be doing well with their presense on the site, but how that could be is beyond my comprehension.

Out of the entire English speaking world, how many have come on PM since the year 2000 to report they did ok with them... one ? two ?

MFG.com Raises $26 Million From Fidelity Ventures, Goes After Alibaba | TechCrunch

I thought it would have died out by now but it seems just the opposite. I really don't get it.

I thought it would have died out by now but it seems just the opposite. I really don't get it.

Have you seen American Hustle? It's probably the same deal. mfg.com says "we can get you all kinds of work, we just need some cash up front". Then after you have paid, "sorry, the market is slow".

The spelling is worse than mine on the website!
The pictures look like ones taken out from MMS adds also.

Have you seen American Hustle? It's probably the same deal. mfg.com says "we can get you all kinds of work, we just need some cash up front". Then after you have paid, "sorry, the market is slow".
Right, but each shop that tries it with no results would not resign and eventually the new signees would slow. If Bezo's and other venture capitalists were not involved I'd be thinking Ponzi scheme, but I have a hard time believing folks as sharp as them wouldn't be looking into to the customer repeat rates and other positive indicators before throwing in yet more money.

Bezo's himself is probably the busiest person on the planet, so maybe not paying attention to his MFG.com investment anymore....but one would think he has some sharp "people" looking at this with an unemotional eye and very sharp pencils.

I suppose the folks that are having success with them wouldn't be too inspired to come on here with their tales of glory as they would fear more folks signing up and therefore more competition, but from the tales of woe we do hear about I can't see how it works for anyone. It would be fascinating for someone like MMS magazine to do a survey of the most successful shops to see if any of them get work via their MFG.com presence.

Could it really be all about super aggressive telephone marketing and nothing more ? I mean, you wanna talk aggressive marketing...think BobCad and Bandsawblades.com.... but as irritating as they are, at least they are selling something that a fair number of people make good use of. And yet with MFG.com we essentially NEVER hear of anyone making good use of it. So, I say again...I don't get it. :confused:

I use to see threads about ex MFG users wanting to file class action suits, I figure some lawyer would take him down, but it hasn't happened. I bet his CNC shop mostly outsources to the lowest bidder on MFG.com and then pays them in free subscriptions.

I use to see threads about ex MFG users wanting to file class action suits, I figure some lawyer would take him down, but it hasn't happened.
With all the millions in investment capital, his new shop is yet another mystery..I mean, with all that money coming into the site, why bother with a shop whose profits, if any, would be lost change in the couch compared to what the website brings in ? The shop might be mostly for show.

I got lucky with mfg.com. I talked him into doing a 6 month half off trial and I scored 2 great repeat customers off the site. I mostly used it for lead generation and talked to the customers directly versus quoting off the site. I paid $2500 for 6 months and have done about $75k in work off those 2 leads over 2 years. I did do a lot of contacting though. Pretty much anyone who posted an RFQ for machining got hit up lol.

Back