What's new
What's new

Need Ideas?????

JimGlass

Stainless
Lets Brain storm:

I need some product ideas that could be made in my shop and then sold.

How about something for "Marketing"? For example, a guy made clocks with his shop name and phone number on the face and gave them to all his customers or prospective customers. I thought that was a briliant marketing idea. How about something else??

Has anyone thought of a product, tool or device that could be made and possibly sold on ebay? For example, a co-worker builds miniature farm toys and sells them. He found a nitch for himself.

How does a person find a nitch market?

Appreciate some thoughts,
Jim Glass

How about tooling and accessories for Unimat
and other small machine tools. I have seen, for example, the Unimat vice fo for close to $70 seems like a lot to me. Perhaps there would be a big discount for copies
Bob

Wow Jim. You want me to share my ideas I've come up with to make my fortune?
Just kidding, partly.
I'm always kicking around ideas for making or doing things. The big stumbling block seems to be: could I make enough money doing this to support myself and the shop?
We have had a few slow days at work and have been doing maintenance on our machines and I decided to put a Buffalo No 18 drill press back in service that has been sitting for a couple of years. What started as a cleanup progressed to a total teardown and rebuild with new bearings and hardware and paint. I'm almost afraid to total the cost to me just in wages for the guys stripping the paint and buffing the castings clean. I know it was not cost effective for me to do the rebuild but we will have a nice machine and the tilting table feature is handy.
I know for a fact that reconditioning small machines is not a profitable sideline for me. I am too much of a perfectionist.
I'm still trying to come up with the next pet rock or something like that.
Good luck
Les

Back