Netflix Film 'American Factory" - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by AJ H View Post
    Starting from nothing, I've worked 50-60+ hours a week while raising a family and putting myself through night school to put myself in a rather favorable situation in life at a relatively young age. Minimum wage jobs are intended for high school/college students and retired people who are bored. It's not that hard to rise above that it just takes a little effort. If you're an adult with kids and your skillset never surpassed "would you like fries with that?" you deserve to live off ramen noodles and take the bus to work.
    this is utter bullshit

I am glad you have bettered yourself

How come you are not a millionaire?

Cant' everyone be a millionaire?

Obviously everyone who isn't a millionaire is a lazy good for nothing

when we are all millionaires, who sweeps the floors?

Let em guess, the up and coming soon to be millionaires

People are not all equally allotted brains, opportunity or education

Half of people are below average

But everyone deserves to be able to eat and live indoors

your inability to understand what it is like to be someone other than yourself is what has created the climate of selfishness pervasive today

Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    Ontario
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gustafson View Post
    this is utter bullshit

your inability to understand what it is like to be someone other than yourself is what has created the climate of selfishness pervasive today
    Well said. I 100% agree with everything you said in your previous post, and I appreciate that you called out his toxic attitude.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gustafson View Post
    this is utter bullshit

Cant' everyone be a millionaire?

Obviously everyone who isn't a millionaire is a lazy good for nothing

when we are all millionaires, who sweeps the floors?

Let em guess, the up and coming soon to be millionaires

People are not all equally allotted brains, opportunity or education

Half of people are below average

But everyone deserves to be able to eat and live indoors

Exactly. The trump cult has been led to believe that everyone in the world can be CEO's and nobody needs to haul the trash or grow our crops. It's very sad.

4. Likes tdmidget, aarongough, JoeE. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Starting from nothing, I've worked 50-60+ hours a week while raising a family and putting myself through night school to put myself in a rather favorable situation in life at a relatively young age. Minimum wage jobs are intended for high school/college students and retired people who are bored. It's not that hard to rise above that it just takes a little effort. If you're an adult with kids and your skillset never surpassed "would you like fries with that?" you deserve to live off ramen noodles and take the bus to work.
    Careful there. If you pat yourself on the back too hard you might injure your back and not be able to work anymore.

6. Likes aarongough liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The Roomba will sweep the floor...its 2020

8. Likes gustafson liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The Roomba will sweep the floor...its 2020
    Next question then. How will the people who used to sweep floors feed themselves and their families when roomba takes over their jobs? Become CEO's?

10. Likes aarongough liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Population reform

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Population reform
    Logan's Run coming soon! Then the next nuprogressives after that will be calling them undocumented living.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Financialization has brought us to where we are at. The companies that I dealt with, invariably were bought up by "investment groups" only to be run into the ground, plundered by the new owners...............Which brings me to call our current economy, The Plunder Economy............And Frederic Bastiat had a very relevant quote for our time: “When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it.”

14. Likes JoeE. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I need to take a look at the film............even though it has the stench of Barry on it, really doubt if he did anything more than "be associated" with it.........after all, he spent nearly a billion dollars on "shovel ready jobs" that proved to not be shovel ready, he even admitted to that.

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

And why is there a "plunder economy"?.....simple ..Joe Punchclock demands his pension fund /investment s produce 10% pa return.,and screams when his stocks fall in value,demands a spill of the board...CEO is hired solely to "grow stock price",fired for the opposite result.Thats where the plunder economy comes from.

17. Likes Mud liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by rj1939 View Post
    I need to take a look at the film............even though it has the stench of Barry on it, really doubt if he did anything more than "be associated" with it.........after all, he spent nearly a billion dollars on "shovel ready jobs" that proved to not be shovel ready, he even admitted to that.
    I think they paid to distribute it.

So much better to just give money straight to your cronies, or preferably yourself like trumpski does...

I wish more would actually watch the film, then we could at least have a conversation on the merits of whether it is a commie documentary or not

19. Likes JoeE. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by john.k View Post
    And why is there a "plunder economy"?.....simple ..Joe Punchclock demands his pension fund /investment s produce 10% pa return.,and screams when his stocks fall in value,demands a spill of the board...CEO is hired solely to "grow stock price",fired for the opposite result.Thats where the plunder economy comes from.
    Pretty funny since investment banks buy a company to first plunder its pension

AS crooked as the UAW may be, it cannot be purchased and liquidated, which is why, even with the corruption union pensions continue to exist

21. Likes aarongough liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Population reform
    Is that the same as genocide?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I remember when 401k's were being pimped, the sales pitch was "we can't guarantee that you will get 8% every year, but wink wink, you're going to make 8% a year"
    With the destruction of other interest bearing investment opportunities, the stock market has been left as the only viable way to get ANY return. I was fortunate to be out of it during the '08 debacle.......but as with a lot of people, have had to get in, or not have anything. As long as the Fed keeps creating funny money, which helps to drive asset prices, I have done pretty well, but I am not under any illusions.

24. Likes aarongough, JoeE. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by rj1939 View Post
    I need to take a look at the film............even though it has the stench of Barry on it, .....
    I love it when people are afraid of information they might disagree with or (more likely) won't understand.

26. Likes aarongough, JoeE. liked this post
    Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My objection to all the asset inflation by "easing",is that the land I live on rises in value all the time......its still the same weed covered ,worn out farm it always was,but the tax value has gone over $2 million Oz pesos,consequently ,my property taxes are sky high .I also have another block of land ,just a stinkin swamp,but because I sold the next door block for a million pesos,Im taken to the cleaners on that too......I get no more value out of any of this land than I ever did,less actually since I became decrepit.....yet I pay ever higher taxes/

Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    Ontario
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

the land I live on rises in value all the time...

I sold the next door block for a million pesos

I get no more value out of any of this land than I ever did
    You get no value from this land, but you sold part of it for a million bucks, and the rest is worth more and more all the time...

Sounds like a raw deal, I'll take it off your hands for you bud, just to save you the hassle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My objection to all the asset inflation by "easing",is that the land I live on rises in value all the time......its still the same weed covered ,worn out farm it always was,but the tax value has gone over $2 million Oz pesos,consequently ,my property taxes are sky high .I also have another block of land ,just a stinkin swamp,but because I sold the next door block for a million pesos,Im taken to the cleaners on that too......I get no more value out of any of this land than I ever did,less actually since I became decrepit.....yet I pay ever higher taxes/
    Fail to make those tax payments and see who actually owns it.........We are all just renters.

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I really enjoyed watching it, would recommend