New higher Tariffs from trade talks - Page 45
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 45 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast
Results 881 to 900 of 1961
  1. #881
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO USA
    Posts
    10,215
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    58
    Likes (Received)
    5697

    Default

    The only people that pretend to respect trump are autocrats and dictators.
    Laughed at in the UN, shunned, generally only ‘respected’ like a rabid dog.

    Trump administration is 'inept and insecure', says UK ambassador - BBC News

    Sadly, even after he’s gone any respect for us leadership will be gone.


    And that’s setting aside his abdication of all global leadership.

  2. #882
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Vt USA
    Posts
    6,796
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    745
    Likes (Received)
    2356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miguels244 View Post
    The only people that pretend to respect trump are autocrats and dictators.
    Laughed at in the UN, shunned, generally only ‘respected’ like a rabid dog.

    Trump administration is 'inept and insecure', says UK ambassador - BBC News

    Sadly, even after he’s gone any respect for us leadership will be gone.


    And that’s setting aside his abdication of all global leadership.
    Somewhat strange I suppose. But I and many Americans had similar responses to Obama.

    No respect at all for a side talker. Spineless.
    (That fellow in Canada is in the same bag)

    I wonder what is worse? Despised by "furriners",
    or your own.

    NB
    Of course half of any nations population comes predisposed to dislike the political heads of the moment.

  3. #883
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    SPAIN
    Posts
    3,550
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1996
    Likes (Received)
    1292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rand View Post
    You can be anti-trump or pro-trump, but you still need to admit that he's a dangerous arsehole, driven largely by narcissism and outdated political thinking, just like our own boggo and farage.
    So you're all for the new political thinking then with more draconian measures by the unelected elite in Brussels?

    "The European Commission has proposed scrapping member states’ veto on tax policy, in a move that could see levies imposed on EU countries against their will.
    Brussels says the requirement of unanimity for tax policy is out-dated and that moving to a system of qualified majority voting would help speed up the legislative process."
    EU announces plan to scrap member state veto on tax policy | The Independent

    Give me old school any day...

  4. Likes Spinit liked this post
  5. #884
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Posts
    4,853
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2605
    Likes (Received)
    2362

    Default

    You just don't understand it do you? Why don't you trot home to the UK, where you will soon be able to bathe in the benefits of true democracy under benevolent rule of the mother of parliaments.

    [GORDON MODE]
    For the confused, there is a reasonable description of the functions of the European commission here.
    [/GORDON MODE]

  6. #885
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    SPAIN
    Posts
    3,550
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1996
    Likes (Received)
    1292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rand View Post
    You just don't understand it do you? Why don't you trot home to the UK, where you will soon be able to bathe in the benefits of true democracy under benevolent rule of the mother of parliaments.

    [GORDON MODE]
    For the confused, there is a reasonable description of the functions of the European commission here.
    [/GORDON MODE]
    Yup. Of course I understand it and know how the EU is supposed to work - the (unelected) Commission propose a law, and the MEPs vote to agree it, although this proposed laws would not need 100% agreement, only majority.
    But just because you welcome with open arms your unelected leaders, that doesn't mean I have to agree or like it.

    And no, I don't want to trot anywhere - 36c today which was nice.
    But don't let that make you anymore bitter.

  7. Likes Spinit liked this post
  8. #886
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Posts
    2,599
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3052
    Likes (Received)
    479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CalG View Post
    Somewhat strange I suppose. But I and many Americans had similar responses to Obama.

    No respect at all for a side talker. Spineless.
    (That fellow in Canada is in the same bag)

    I wonder what is worse? Despised by "furriners",
    or your own.

    NB
    Of course half of any nations population comes predisposed to dislike the political heads of the moment.
    Yes that seems the case and then the band plays on.

  9. Likes CalG liked this post
  10. #887
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO USA
    Posts
    10,215
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    58
    Likes (Received)
    5697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spinit View Post
    Yes that seems the case and then the band plays on.
    Bad metaphor.
    That was the band on the titanic.

  11. #888
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO USA
    Posts
    10,215
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    58
    Likes (Received)
    5697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CalG View Post
    Somewhat strange I suppose. But I and many Americans had similar responses to Obama.

    No respect at all for a side talker. Spineless.
    (That fellow in Canada is in the same bag)

    I wonder what is worse? Despised by "furriners",
    or your own.

    NB
    Of course half of any nations population comes predisposed to dislike the political heads of the moment.
    Substantially more than half...and more than half the voters.

  12. #889
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Australia (Hobart)
    Posts
    3,579
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    569
    Likes (Received)
    2714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miguels244 View Post
    Substantially more than half...and more than half the voters.
    That was the last election - what if anything are you doing to get a better candidate or candidates for the next election?

    PDW

  13. #890
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Missouri
    Posts
    138
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    65
    Likes (Received)
    91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PDW View Post
    That was the last election - what if anything are you doing to get a better candidate or candidates for the next election?

    PDW
    I'm sure he's raising money for all 20+ candidates equally.

    I'm rooting for Lizzy. She's my gal.

  14. #891
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Vt USA
    Posts
    6,796
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    745
    Likes (Received)
    2356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderjet View Post
    I'm sure he's raising money for all 20+ candidates equally.

    I'm rooting for Lizzy. She's my gal.

    Has she introduced her plan for trade, tariffs and prosperity?

    She is going to need money from somewhere, she has already given away all the tax revenue five times over.

  15. Likes Dualkit liked this post
  16. #892
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Posts
    2,599
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3052
    Likes (Received)
    479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CalG View Post
    Has she introduced her plan for trade, tariffs and prosperity?

    She is going to need money from somewhere, she has already given away all the tax revenue five times over.
    My wife has always liked her. My wife persists!

  17. #893
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO USA
    Posts
    10,215
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    58
    Likes (Received)
    5697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PDW View Post
    That was the last election - what if anything are you doing to get a better candidate or candidates for the next election?

    PDW
    How moch “better” does it have to get than 2%.
    Trump is president, fine.
    He got outside help, lost seats in both houses and local races...and most voters voted against him.

    Yet some how it’s hillarys fault that he was elected.

  18. #894
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Missouri
    Posts
    138
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    65
    Likes (Received)
    91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miguels244 View Post
    How moch “better” does it have to get than 2%.
    Trump is president, fine.
    He got outside help, lost seats in both houses and local races...and most voters voted against him.

    Yet some how it’s hillarys fault that he was elected.
    So.
    Campaign for Bernie.
    Or Warren.
    Or better yet... Pete.
    Kamala is trending, ya know.

    So many choices for the socialists..........What to do.

  19. #895
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Australia (Hobart)
    Posts
    3,579
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    569
    Likes (Received)
    2714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miguels244 View Post
    How moch “better” does it have to get than 2%.
    Trump is president, fine.
    He got outside help, lost seats in both houses and local races...and most voters voted against him.

    Yet some how it’s hillarys fault that he was elected.
    Has to get enough better to win by the rules in place. He entered the contest under those rules, as did HC. He won under those rules. End of importance.

    As for whose fault it is, it's the fault of those people who thought he'd lose so stayed at home & didn't vote. Next time maybe more of your voting population will get off of their far arses and participate in the process.

    Until then you get the person who wins under the rules applying. We all understand that you don't like that. Tough. Better start organising support for your preferred alternative candidate. Better still help the Repugnicans organise a primary challenge against Trump as well.

    PDW

  20. Likes camscan liked this post
  21. #896
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,657
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    7561
    Likes (Received)
    8609

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PDW View Post
    Has to get enough better to win by the rules in place. He entered the contest under those rules, as did HC. He won under those rules. End of importance.

    As for whose fault it is, it's the fault of those people who thought he'd lose so stayed at home & didn't vote. Next time maybe more of your voting population will get off of their far arses and participate in the process.

    Until then you get the person who wins under the rules applying. We all understand that you don't like that. Tough. Better start organising support for your preferred alternative candidate. Better still help the Repugnicans organise a primary challenge against Trump as well.

    PDW
    LOL! I voted for the sumbich on the certainty Pence would have to replace him within six months due to a suicide, nervous breakdown, or hard-jail time.

    Lo and BEHELD...., by luck, design, or just off the back of confusion to his enemies and friends alike, shit is getting DONE!

    I figure keeping the bugger is about as risky as trying to keep a six-foot three Wolverine-on-LSD as a "pet",

    But damn.. I can stand the risk of another four years of that off the back of the economy OTHER FOLKS have been able to kick into high-gear whilst the Cornfuser-in-Chief befuddles the bejayus outta the whimpering parasite classes.

    One media wag sez Trump has actually built virtual multi-room apartments and taken up RESIDENCE inside their heads, they can't focus on a damned-thing ELSE beyond "Trump Derangement Syndrome".

    Such a self-inflicted impairment couldn't happen to a more deserving bunch of invertebrates.

    More popcorn, please! A people will ALWAYS have precisely the government they deserve.
    Dumbasscraps think that ain't gonna be DJT? They better get off THEIR arse and go find a candidate they can beat him with.

    Otherwise? On to Act Two of the Great Snowflake Meltdown. It WAS long overdue, after all....


  22. Likes barbter, daredo222, Thunderjet liked this post
  23. #897
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Australia (Hobart)
    Posts
    3,579
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    569
    Likes (Received)
    2714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thermite View Post
    LOL! I voted for the sumbich on the certainty Pence would have to replace him within six months due to a suicide, nervous breakdown, or hard-jail time.

    Lo and BEHELD...., by luck, design, or just off the back of confusion to his enemies and friends alike, shit is getting DONE!

    I figure keeping the bugger is about as risky as trying to keep a six-foot three Wolverine-on-LSD as a "pet",

    But damn.. I can stand the risk of another four years of that off the back of the economy OTHER FOLKS have been able to kick into high-gear whilst the Cornfuser-in-Chief befuddles the bejayus outta the whimpering parasite classes.

    One media wag sez Trump has actually built virtual multi-room apartments and taken up RESIDENCE inside their heads, they can't focus on a damned-thing ELSE beyond "Trump Derangement Syndrome".

    Such a self-inflicted impairment couldn't happen to a more deserving bunch of invertebrates.

    More popcorn, please! A people will ALWAYS have precisely the government they deserve.
    Dumbasscraps think that ain't gonna be DJT? They better get off THEIR arse and go find a candidate they can beat him with.

    Otherwise? On to Act Two of the Great Snowflake Meltdown. It WAS long overdue, after all....

    As long as he doesn't start another war and drag us into it, I'm good with that.

    The snowflake brigade recently lost an election here, the wailing & gnashing of teeth continues. I've told a few of them that it's going to be a long 3 years for them if they can't let it go, take some lessons from the loss and consider where they went wrong.

    Nope, funny thing, the voting population got it wrong, the only real problem was a failure to explain the policies so the dummies could understand them.

    They never seem to grasp that the voters understood those policies all right - and rejected them.

    PDW

  24. #898
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,657
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    7561
    Likes (Received)
    8609

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PDW View Post
    As long as he doesn't start another war and drag us into it, I'm good with that.
    "Funny you should mention that". A bad habit that, and one far too-many US Prez have MOSTLY screwed-up....

    Dumb like a fox as only pretends to be rabid on alternate Tuesdays, he seems to be doing a better than average job at getting dis-engaged than going into new ones. Then being blasted by the Snowflakes for being unpredictable and backing-off? I did say "confusion to the enemy"?

    Who'd ever wudda thunk he could game that at all, let alone well?

    DELIGHTED that Mexico has finally realized if it is going to be OUR border problem, it will sure as Hell be made to be their problem several times over, TOO!

    As with Deng sayin' he didn't care what colour a cat was, so long as it catches mice?

    I don't care who DJT pisses-off. At all.

    So long as he gets results for our side. It is, after all, his job.

    Canberra should do the same for Oz, even if it pisses Trump off. Or more. It is after all, THEIR job.

  25. #899
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    People's Republic
    Posts
    3,338
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    275
    Likes (Received)
    2188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CalG View Post
    Has she introduced her plan for trade, tariffs and prosperity?

    She is going to need money from somewhere, she has already given away all the tax revenue five times over.
    She is the only person, of any party, with specific plans for anything

    You or I may not agree with her plans, but they are out there

    I mean, we know trumpskis plan, stupid, stupid, more stupid, then give whatever is left to Vlad

  26. #900
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    SPAIN
    Posts
    3,550
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1996
    Likes (Received)
    1292

    Default

    I LMAO @ post #895.
    Welcome back Bill!

  27. Likes daredo222 liked this post

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •