Login to Your Account
Page 46 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gustafson View Post
    She is the only person, of any party, with specific plans for anything

You or I may not agree with her plans, but they are out there

I mean, we know trumpskis plan, stupid, stupid, more stupid, then give whatever is left to Vlad
    Tell me about those stupid plans.

The one that keeps Iran from nuking the world in a fit of religious zeal. seems OK to me.

The one to put citizenship BACK in the census is OK with me.

The one to talk openly with "rocket-man" and keep test missiles from flying over Japan is OK with me.

Pulling out of costly and ineffective accords in an effort to push the issue on equitable sharing of responsibility is OK with me.

Restoring rule of law at our borders is GREAT! Why allow people to start a new life as a criminal?

Which ones are stupid, stupid and more stupid to you?

2. Likes digger doug liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CalG View Post

The one that keeps Iran from nuking the world in a fit of religious zeal. seems OK to me.

The one to talk openly with "rocket-man" and keep test missiles from flying over Japan is OK with me.

Pulling out of costly and ineffective accords in an effort to push the issue on equitable sharing of responsibility is OK with me.

Restoring rule of law at our borders is GREAT! Why allow people to start a new life as a criminal?

All of them

First, go look up Warren's positions and plans and discuss or attack those as you wish , rather than make up positions you imagine she might take.

trumpski cancelled the plan to keep Iran from going nuclear. Was it the best plan one could imagine? No. But now, guess what, there is no plan, and the dullard in chief is doing exactly what it takes to create a nuclear armed Iran, threatening them.

the census is designed to be non partisan, and fairly keep track of the population, anything that interferes with that is contrary to the constitution, but as long as yoru side 'wins' who cares, right?

trumpski has done everything to legitimize a tin pot dictator, has looked the fool, and gotten precisely nothing, zero, for kowtowing to him

Costly accords? whatever. Just don't whine when we have no say in anything that gets done internationally as we pulled out of these costly accords

Rule of law is fine, creating concentration camps is not. We as a country get to determine what the rule of law is, not one orange skinned punk

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Miguels244 View Post
    Bad metaphor.
    That was the band on the titanic.
    Bad info,that was a book about plague etc.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

She is the only person, of any party, with specific plans for anything

You or I may not agree with her plans, but they are out there

I mean, we know trumpskis plan, stupid, stupid, more stupid, then give whatever is left to Vlad
    LOL! "specific" they may be. Also nonsensical "bu ci".

But jest keep watchin' the world through those solid "billet" eyeglasses, Pilgrim!

Vladimir Vladimirovich has had the great benefit of watching Putinstan's per-capita GDP drop off the back of "whatever is left" - after sanctions - to just below that of Mauritius!

Muscovy began their run with "Prince" Alexander Nevsky - basically a local bandit - in thrall to an Asiatic despot. Vlad has managed to bring Putinstan full-circle. China's rent-boy, once again.

What a marvelous dedication to history!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thermite View Post
    LOL! I voted for the sumbich on the certainty Pence would have to replace him within six months due to a suicide, nervous breakdown, or hard-jail time.

Lo and BEHELD...., by luck, design, or just off the back of confusion to his enemies and friends alike, shit is getting DONE!

I figure keeping the bugger is about as risky as trying to keep a six-foot three Wolverine-on-LSD as a "pet",

But damn.. I can stand the risk of another four years of that off the back of the economy OTHER FOLKS have been able to kick into high-gear whilst the Cornfuser-in-Chief befuddles the bejayus outta the whimpering parasite classes.

One media wag sez Trump has actually built virtual multi-room apartments and taken up RESIDENCE inside their heads, they can't focus on a damned-thing ELSE beyond "Trump Derangement Syndrome".

Such a self-inflicted impairment couldn't happen to a more deserving bunch of invertebrates.

More popcorn, please! A people will ALWAYS have precisely the government they deserve.
    Dumbasscraps think that ain't gonna be DJT? They better get off THEIR arse and go find a candidate they can beat him with.

Otherwise? On to Act Two of the Great Snowflake Meltdown. It WAS long overdue, after all....

Yes indeed, there is a great deal of “shit” getting done.
    I’ll just stare with tripling the deficit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CalG View Post

We had that plan for Iran.
    Trump broke our word.

NK is still testing and building.
    Fox and friends gave President Obama shit for being willing to talk.

The plan where children are kept in prison camps and we pay 750 per day to private prisons?

Oh, citizenship never left the census, it was on the follow up.
    Guess what though, the constitution says nothing except count the people.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I don´t understand Your post, as in what You might critisize or wish to change.

Harrasing the russians is obviously idiotic.
    They are a major economy, and the 2nd nuclear armed power in the world.

Sanctions to be effective must be targeted, and limited, with rational and reasonable (limited) expectations, and clearly defined goals.
    Any economic sanctions short of a full-out trade war must allow the counterparty reasonable ways to comply, in fact if not in public view.

For the US to "hurt" the economy of Russia, or Iran, or China, or the EU, canada, mexico, with no plan and no stated endgame, is disastrous.
    All it does is make those economies deal with each other, rather than the US.
    Reducing US global trade.
    This makes the US less wealthy.

--
    Do You think it is a good idea to make the US less wealthy ?
    And what about Russia, China, EU, Mexico, Canada ?
    Or Iran ?
    Why ?

A more prosperous Iran (EU,china, et al) will buy lots more of US airplanes and caterpillars and hollywood entertainment.
    This increases wealth in all the nations and reduces extremists.

--

The Russian ukraine land-grab hidden war was well executed, and a masterful achievement.
    But it "was done", emphasis as on a done deal.

Expecting russian rollback in the Ukraine is like expecting Saddam Hussein to come out of the grave and leading the Iraqis to a prosperous future.
    Not likely.
    I don´t condone the russian actions, at all.
    But the time to act was when the action was happening, not now.

And a major reason for the russian aggression was US interference in Ukraine elections, for a puppet government.
    And major US increases in big military bases every closer to russia.

Next apparently in Poland. And a 2-3B$ payoff to Poland to do so.
    This is provocative to Russia. Totally unneccessary in military terms.
    And expensive.
    The US now complains about the cost of the US military efforts, in the EU, Japan, elsewhere.
    The obvious solution is for the US to reduce such military efforts, reducing global bases (157 bases ex-usa iirc), personnel, costs.

As an economic fact, the US is 103% +/-5% in debt vs GDP, and the debt is increasing 2-4% y/y exponential.
    About 1/3 - 1/2 of the US discretionary budget is military spending on "defence", homeland security, national guard, NSA.
    More or less the same is spent on interest on US debt.
    The interest on US debt is already higher than all US government discretionary spending.

In economic terms the US is debt-spending itself into penury.
    Within some finite time, the debt gets too large to service and some form of us/global economic default occurs.
    At the 108% d + 4% increase exponent the US will reach the Greece 170% debt level in about 8-10 years.

This is impossible to pay and leads to default aka bankruptcy of some form.
    Like greece.
    (But, unlike greece, the US has enormous reserves of capital assets in national resources, and private cash.)

But jest keep watchin' the world through those solid "billet" eyeglasses, Pilgrim!

Vladimir Vladimirovich has had the great benefit of watching Putinstan's per-capita GDP drop off the back of "whatever is left" - after sanctions - to just below that of Mauritius!

Muscovy began their run with "Prince" Alexander Nevsky - basically a local bandit - in thrall to an Asiatic despot. Vlad has managed to bring Putinstan full-circle. China's rent-boy, once again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

LOL! I voted for the sumbich on the certainty Pence would have to replace him within six months due to a suicide, nervous breakdown, or hard-jail time.

Lo and BEHELD...., by luck, design, or just off the back of confusion to his enemies and friends alike, shit is getting DONE!

I figure keeping the bugger is about as risky as trying to keep a six-foot three Wolverine-on-LSD as a "pet",

But damn.. I can stand the risk of another four years of that off the back of the economy OTHER FOLKS have been able to kick into high-gear whilst the Cornfuser-in-Chief befuddles the bejayus outta the whimpering parasite classes.

One media wag sez Trump has actually built virtual multi-room apartments and taken up RESIDENCE inside their heads, they can't focus on a damned-thing ELSE beyond "Trump Derangement Syndrome".

Such a self-inflicted impairment couldn't happen to a more deserving bunch of invertebrates.

More popcorn, please! A people will ALWAYS have precisely the government they deserve.
    Dumbasscraps think that ain't gonna be DJT? They better get off THEIR arse and go find a candidate they can beat him with.

Otherwise? On to Act Two of the Great Snowflake Meltdown. It WAS long overdue, after all....

You know they still chant “lock her up” at trump rallies.

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes indeed, there is a great deal of “shit” getting done.
    I’ll just stare with tripling the deficit.
    Tripled?
    Already?
    In such short time?
    Citation needed puuulease!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Have to wonder how they’d be doing without sanctions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    Tripled?
    Already?
    In such short time?
    Trump's Big "Win": The Largest Budget Deficit With A Strong Economy

13. Likes barbter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by camscan View Post
    Bad info,that was a book about plague etc.
    Or a movie about the AIDS crisis...
    But the root os the band on the titanic.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I am just glad that the colonists were able to keep those Redcoats out of the airports.

16. Likes metlmunchr, Greg White liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by hanermo View Post
    I don´t understand Your post, as in what You might critisize or wish to change.

Harrasing the russians is obviously idiotic.
    They are a major economy,
    They were at one time. Now they aren't even a match for any of the top five US states, taken one at a time. Or maybe not even greater LA.

and the 2nd nuclear armed power in the world.
    Sounds like a damned good reason to help them screw their twisted selves slowly into the ground to me.

<noise trimmed>

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So do you know how to read that?

1. There is and is nowhere on that graph anything close to a tripling. Put that one to rest Miguel- it's pure bullshit.

2. The increase that is projected is based on certain assumptions: That GDP growth is static at 1.8%. That interest rates return to the historic levels of ~5%. Both of those assumptions- so far, have been wrong.

3. They authors are using the current policy baseline, rather than the current law baseline. This is the most pessimistic view the CBO makes wrt deficits, because (among other things) it assumes a continuous, across the board increase in spending of 3.5%, and no expiration of the tax cuts that are in the current law.

IOW, it's fortune telling. Even if it were true, it would still be nowhere close to tripling.

These were the actuals, expressed as a percent of GDP:

2016 3.2%
    2017 3.5%
    2018 3.9%

If you go back and look at the projections from the Obama administration, it was always projected to go down after 2009, bottoming out in 2016, then going back up steady after that. Mostly due to budget gimmicry- trust fund accounting, moving expenses from one year to the next, etc.

Your talking point exploded on the launch pad Miguel- you're going to have to come up with another line.

19. Likes barbter liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    Tripled?
    Already?
    In such short time?
    It's up around ten-percent, inauguration to date. A bit over 2 trillion of 22 trillion.

Official projections might triple the INCREASE if he goes a full 8 years.

Or not. Economy is up, taxes collected are up, adjusted rates or no.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...clinton-2019-2

It's the clown-car full of "free STUFF" wankers that would far more than treble the debt.

If Congress would let them.

Which they will-never... which is why they figure it a safe pack of idjut-bait....

... given how hard it is to get even the tax-and-spend Democrats to agree to fund toothpaste, beds, food, and "Oh, BTW" - common-as-coffee-cups "prison cell" toilet combos with built-in water-fountains and hand-wash basins.

Those are handy for use in a tight corner of a lot of our shops, too, BTW. Just rather pricey.

Toilet Sink Combo | Stainless Steel Comby Units - Jail Toilets - Acorn Engineering

They have competition. Plenty of it. Even Grainger carries this stuff.

AOC's "drink out of the TOILET" problem is simple ignorance. She hasn't yet spent enough time in a decently equipped JAIL CELL. Sumbudy otta remedy that, if only for educational purposes. Or even just the reduction in noise-pollution?

Two year term in the house of reprehensibles means you were elected. Not necessarily gifted with a functioning BRAIN.

That part used to be more bi-partisan if nowt ELSE was. Democratisch National Commissariat must have ceased rationing stupid pills?

21. Likes barbter liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by PDW View Post
    They never seem to grasp that the voters understood those policies all right - and rejected them.

PDW
    This is as natural as permutations, probabilities, and statistics ever since Sumer had that little water problem will show.

- A "class" of parasites evolves that is adapted to selling lies to fools. It seems to work well, and last a long time, so they double-down on it, one round after another.

- meanwhile, the "fools' in question do not have the benefit of a "hooverment paycheck", nor "free" anything but whip-welts, tax-receipts, and withdrawal pains in the arse. The least among them has to scramble at least a LITTLE BIT for even a non-greedy and very modest and humble crust.

- Sure 'nuf, the "fools" AKA "food" evolve survival skills faster than their parasites. Not to mention grossly OUTNUMBER them.

It isn't long before the parasites - still trying to sell gift-wrapped manure - lose-out because even the most willing among their former victims have gone ahead of them on basic grocery-store 'rithmetic.

Once "wised-up" IOW, however feebly, it comes to be enough until a WHOLE NEW SET of parasites is spawned.

As it will be... that much is a certainty, too. Ever since Sumer had their little water problem.

Probably a long time before, as well, but there you have it. That flood laid down so much debris there ain't much surviving record of older-yet civilizations.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

All of them

First, go look up Warren's positions and plans and discuss or attack those as you wish , rather than make up positions you imagine she might take.

trumpski cancelled the plan to keep Iran from going nuclear. Was it the best plan one could imagine? No. But now, guess what, there is no plan, and the dullard in chief is doing exactly what it takes to create a nuclear armed Iran, threatening them.

the census is designed to be non partisan, and fairly keep track of the population, anything that interferes with that is contrary to the constitution, but as long as yoru side 'wins' who cares, right?

trumpski has done everything to legitimize a tin pot dictator, has looked the fool, and gotten precisely nothing, zero, for kowtowing to him

Costly accords? whatever. Just don't whine when we have no say in anything that gets done internationally as we pulled out of these costly accords

Rule of law is fine, creating concentration camps is not. We as a country get to determine what the rule of law is, not one orange skinned punk
    OK, I wasn't talking about the indian girl. Not going to.
    You neither. you can't fix stupid.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We had that plan for Iran.
    Trump broke our word.

NK is still testing and building.
    Fox and friends gave President Obama shit for being willing to talk.

The plan where children are kept in prison camps and we pay 750 per day to private prisons?

Oh, citizenship never left the census, it was on the follow up.
    Guess what though, the constitution says nothing except count the people.
    Representatives shall be apportioned among the several States according to their respective numbers, counting the whole number of persons in each State, excluding Indians not taxed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You know they still chant “lock her up” at trump rallies.
    Don't go to those rallies! They will mess with your head.