What's new
What's new

Open Discussion: What are your thoughts on this new tool?

HenryM

Plastic
Has anyone used something between a mix of a BI tool and real-time communication that lives on top of your ERP, MRP, MES - it seems like it's worth the investment but just want to see what peoples thoughts were?

Thanks for the guidance!

Last edited:
I've been using an MRP system called WorkClout, it's been working great - they sent an email to their customers today about a new product they're coming out with called Homebase, which is a better way to get access to your data and chat with each other that aggregates your data from your ERP, MRP, MES. The reason why I'm posting this is to see what people think of something like this, something between a mix of a BI tool and real-time communication that lives on top of your system - it seems like it's worth the investment but just want to see what peoples thoughts were? This is the website showing more detail: YouTube
Thanks for the guidance!

Really and for True ?

I see how this can come off as spammy lol.

This is legit question though - have you ever worked with a BI tool?

To prove that i'm not spam:

Henry Mann
Package Five
[email protected]

I'm the president of Package Five in Los Angeles, CA

Henry Mann
Package Five
[email protected]

That somehow PROVES your NOT a spammer ?

BTW You edited your post to look even more like "I like this stuff, what doo you think"
Here is your words YOU typed:
" it seems like it's worth the investment but just want to see what peoples thoughts were? "

Troll/spammer/lowlife

Can I have some of what your smoking/drinking ?

Henry Mann
Package Five
[email protected]

Package Five Printing & Packaging

"A One Stop Shop to Package Your Products"

Is this you, reviewing WorkClout in December 2018?

WorkClout Reviews - Ratings, Pros & Cons, Analysis and more | GetApp(R)

Yours is the second Success Story advertised on the WorkClout web site.

WorkClout - Company

Package Five uses WorkClout’s advance scheduler to anticipate resource needs.

Package Five Printing & Packaging

"A One Stop Shop to Package Your Products"

Is this you, reviewing WorkClout in December 2018?

WorkClout Reviews - Ratings, Pros & Cons, Analysis and more | GetApp(R)

Yours is the second Success Story advertised on the WorkClout web site.

WorkClout - Company

Package Five uses WorkClout’s advance scheduler to anticipate resource needs.

Yes - full disclosure, I'm an advocate of WorkClout, I use it everyday and am a loyal customer - the company is coming out with a new product and its similar to a BI Tool. Honestly, all I was trying to accomplish was to see if anyone in this forum used a BI tool that also has chat in it to see what I can compare their new tool too.

In retrospect, I didn't communicate correctly and people calling me lowlife because I use a tool is uncalled for, but I understand because the way I communicated look like I was promoting a tool and not asking advice on how to compare it.

If you do use a BI tool that also has chat in it, I would love it to know what you're using today so I can compare WorkClout to what anyone else might be using.

That somehow PROVES your NOT a spammer ?

BTW You edited your post to look even more like "I like this stuff, what doo you think"
Here is your words YOU typed:
" it seems like it's worth the investment but just want to see what peoples thoughts were? "

Troll/spammer/lowlife

Can I have some of what your smoking/drinking ?

@digger doug - I understand you've been on this platform for awhile and I know you call out bullshit when you see it, but I'm really new to this platform and I communicated poorly, I was just trying to see what other people use as BI and chat platform so I can compare it to the new product WorkClout is coming out with. The only affiliation I have with WorkClout is that I'm a customer of them, I don't get anything in return for promoting the system or of the sort - I'm just trying to reach out to the manufacturing community to make an informed decision. I even edited the post to reflect that, and me saying it seems like it's worth the investment is me having an opinion about it but trying to reach out to people to play devil 's advocate to that opinion so I can see alternate views.

So I'm sorry again if I came off spammy, I'm new to this online community and was earnestly looking for advice more than anything.

Yes - full disclosure, I'm an advocate of WorkClout, I use it everyday and am a loyal customer - the company is coming out with a new product and its similar to a BI Tool. Honestly, all I was trying to accomplish was to see if anyone in this forum used a BI tool that also has chat in it to see what I can compare their new tool too.

In retrospect, I didn't communicate correctly and people calling me lowlife because I use a tool is uncalled for, but I understand because the way I communicated look like I was promoting a tool and not asking advice on how to compare it.

If you do use a BI tool that also has chat in it, I would love it to know what you're using today so I can compare WorkClout to what anyone else might be using.

It might help to understand people's suspicions if you look at it from their viewpoint.

You are not in the machining business yet you come on a machining site and tout a product you seem to have close ties to. The other "success story" mentions "Janak" (no last name given), owner of Ultimate Paper Box. His full name is Janak Patel and he appears to be the father of WorkCloud co-founder and CEO Arjun Patel who according to one article "grew up helping out in his Dad’s factory". The only other "success story" is you, who not only appear on their web page endorsing the product but also wrote a glowing review shortly after the company launched in 2018. Now you come to PM and your very first posts are for the purpose of touting the company and their product.

The whole thing appears a little "incestous" for lack of a better word.

They have other success stories lol, I found two more straight on their homepage. That's beside the point, my intention was not tout the company or product, my intention was to get feedback, but there's no point debating why I posted in the first place, you or any other person are going to have that cognition of me being "incestous".

Hope you guys have a nice day, I'm going to take down the post.

Back