Open Discussion: What are your thoughts on this new tool?
Close
Login to Your Account
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Lightbulb Open Discussion: What are your thoughts on this new tool?

    Has anyone used something between a mix of a BI tool and real-time communication that lives on top of your ERP, MRP, MES - it seems like it's worth the investment but just want to see what peoples thoughts were?

    Thanks for the guidance!
    Last edited by HenryM; 10-02-2019 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Edited because people were harrassing thinking its Spam - so here no links or anything

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    15,056
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryM View Post
    I've been using an MRP system called WorkClout, it's been working great - they sent an email to their customers today about a new product they're coming out with called Homebase, which is a better way to get access to your data and chat with each other that aggregates your data from your ERP, MRP, MES. The reason why I'm posting this is to see what people think of something like this, something between a mix of a BI tool and real-time communication that lives on top of your system - it seems like it's worth the investment but just want to see what peoples thoughts were? This is the website showing more detail: YouTube
    Thanks for the guidance!
    Really and for True ?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    South Carolina
    Posts
    475
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    364
    Likes (Received)
    393

    Default

    First post = spam. Way to go.

    ( Beat you to it, Digger Doug! )

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    15,056
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazygoat View Post
    First post = spam. Way to go.

    ( Beat you to it, Digger Doug! )
    Click the linky....in my post where I quoted.....a leetle editing goes a long way....

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Temecula, Ca
    Posts
    2,845
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1277
    Likes (Received)
    3679

    Default

    Homebase? I thought they got kicked out of town by Home Depot?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hillsboro, New Hampshire
    Posts
    7,490
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1761
    Likes (Received)
    5213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Dickman View Post
    Homebase? I thought they got kicked out of town by Home Depot?
    I tried for first base, but all I got was a slap in the face...

  7. Likes Larry Dickman, Booze Daily liked this post
  8. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default

    I see how this can come off as spammy lol.

    This is legit question though - have you ever worked with a BI tool?

    To prove that i'm not spam:

    Henry Mann
    Package Five
    [email protected]

    I'm the president of Package Five in Los Angeles, CA

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    South Carolina
    Posts
    475
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    364
    Likes (Received)
    393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digger doug View Post
    Click the linky....in my post where I quoted.....a leetle editing goes a long way....
    Damn. Missed it by a minute according to post time. That's what I get for being a slow typist!

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    15,056
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryM View Post
    I see how this can come off as spammy lol.

    This is legit question though - have you ever worked with a BI tool?

    To prove that i'm not spam:

    Henry Mann
    Package Five
    [email protected]

    I'm the president of Package Five in Los Angeles, CA
    That somehow PROVES your NOT a spammer ?

    BTW You edited your post to look even more like "I like this stuff, what doo you think"
    Here is your words YOU typed:
    " it seems like it's worth the investment but just want to see what peoples thoughts were? "

    Troll/spammer/lowlife

    Can I have some of what your smoking/drinking ?

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Eastern Massachusetts, USA
    Posts
    4,195
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    4486
    Likes (Received)
    4363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryM View Post
    I see how this can come off as spammy lol.

    This is legit question though - have you ever worked with a BI tool?

    To prove that i'm not spam:

    Henry Mann
    Package Five
    [email protected]

    I'm the president of Package Five in Los Angeles, CA
    Package Five Printing & Packaging

    "A One Stop Shop to Package Your Products"



    Is this you, reviewing WorkClout in December 2018?

    WorkClout Reviews - Ratings, Pros & Cons, Analysis and more | GetApp(R)

    Yours is the second Success Story advertised on the WorkClout web site.

    WorkClout - Company

    Package Five uses WorkClout’s advance scheduler to anticipate resource needs.

  12. Likes TeachMePlease liked this post
  13. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post
    Package Five Printing & Packaging

    "A One Stop Shop to Package Your Products"



    Is this you, reviewing WorkClout in December 2018?

    WorkClout Reviews - Ratings, Pros & Cons, Analysis and more | GetApp(R)

    Yours is the second Success Story advertised on the WorkClout web site.

    WorkClout - Company

    Package Five uses WorkClout’s advance scheduler to anticipate resource needs.

    Yes - full disclosure, I'm an advocate of WorkClout, I use it everyday and am a loyal customer - the company is coming out with a new product and its similar to a BI Tool. Honestly, all I was trying to accomplish was to see if anyone in this forum used a BI tool that also has chat in it to see what I can compare their new tool too.

    In retrospect, I didn't communicate correctly and people calling me lowlife because I use a tool is uncalled for, but I understand because the way I communicated look like I was promoting a tool and not asking advice on how to compare it.

    If you do use a BI tool that also has chat in it, I would love it to know what you're using today so I can compare WorkClout to what anyone else might be using.

  14. Likes camscan liked this post
  15. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digger doug View Post
    That somehow PROVES your NOT a spammer ?

    BTW You edited your post to look even more like "I like this stuff, what doo you think"
    Here is your words YOU typed:
    " it seems like it's worth the investment but just want to see what peoples thoughts were? "

    Troll/spammer/lowlife

    Can I have some of what your smoking/drinking ?
    @digger doug - I understand you've been on this platform for awhile and I know you call out bullshit when you see it, but I'm really new to this platform and I communicated poorly, I was just trying to see what other people use as BI and chat platform so I can compare it to the new product WorkClout is coming out with. The only affiliation I have with WorkClout is that I'm a customer of them, I don't get anything in return for promoting the system or of the sort - I'm just trying to reach out to the manufacturing community to make an informed decision. I even edited the post to reflect that, and me saying it seems like it's worth the investment is me having an opinion about it but trying to reach out to people to play devil 's advocate to that opinion so I can see alternate views.

    So I'm sorry again if I came off spammy, I'm new to this online community and was earnestly looking for advice more than anything.

  16. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Eastern Massachusetts, USA
    Posts
    4,195
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    4486
    Likes (Received)
    4363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryM View Post
    Yes - full disclosure, I'm an advocate of WorkClout, I use it everyday and am a loyal customer - the company is coming out with a new product and its similar to a BI Tool. Honestly, all I was trying to accomplish was to see if anyone in this forum used a BI tool that also has chat in it to see what I can compare their new tool too.

    In retrospect, I didn't communicate correctly and people calling me lowlife because I use a tool is uncalled for, but I understand because the way I communicated look like I was promoting a tool and not asking advice on how to compare it.

    If you do use a BI tool that also has chat in it, I would love it to know what you're using today so I can compare WorkClout to what anyone else might be using.
    It might help to understand people's suspicions if you look at it from their viewpoint.

    You are not in the machining business yet you come on a machining site and tout a product you seem to have close ties to. The other "success story" mentions "Janak" (no last name given), owner of Ultimate Paper Box. His full name is Janak Patel and he appears to be the father of WorkCloud co-founder and CEO Arjun Patel who according to one article "grew up helping out in his Dad’s factory". The only other "success story" is you, who not only appear on their web page endorsing the product but also wrote a glowing review shortly after the company launched in 2018. Now you come to PM and your very first posts are for the purpose of touting the company and their product.

    The whole thing appears a little "incestous" for lack of a better word.

  17. Likes digger doug, Newman109 liked this post
  18. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Arkansas
    Posts
    464
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    95
    Likes (Received)
    200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryM View Post
    I see how this can come off as spammy lol.

    This is legit question though - have you ever worked with a BI tool?

    To prove that i'm not spam:

    Henry Mann
    Package Five
    [email protected]

    I'm the president of Package Five in Los Angeles, CA
    Sounds gay.....All my tools are straight as an arrow.

  19. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default

    They have other success stories lol, I found two more straight on their homepage. That's beside the point, my intention was not tout the company or product, my intention was to get feedback, but there's no point debating why I posted in the first place, you or any other person are going to have that cognition of me being "incestous".

    Hope you guys have a nice day, I'm going to take down the post.

  20. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,113
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    668
    Likes (Received)
    1087

    Default

    Not much gets by this bunch.


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •