What's new
What's new

Oshkosh wins contract for new USPS postal trucks.

I hope there is no reverse in them, the idiots that drive them are hazard enough driving them forward

Snow is not really an issue for 50% of the country. I see no reason that all the vehicles should be designed around that requirement. Same as how do they do when it is 120 degrees out is probably not a concern back east.
AFAIK UPS is only using their battery trucks in flat regions of the country, not in the mountains.
Bill D.

That thing needs some reinforced bars on the drivers side so the wife can smash the mailboxes of the assholes she delivers too.

Snow is not really an issue for 50% of the country. I see no reason that all the vehicles should be designed around that requirement. Same as how do they do when it is 120 degrees out is probably not a concern back east.
AFAIK UPS is only using their battery trucks in flat regions of the country, not in the mountains.
Bill D.

I don't think they are 4x4 nor 6x6.

The linked Ford article stated that Ford bid the job (and lost to Oshkosh) with a transit van.

The pictured unit looks like it's simply front wheel drive.

Around here, the rural carriers that need 4x4 have it.

Wonder how they do in snow?

Looks to have about the same ground clearance or better than the current fleet. Out here in Brookfield, despite heavy snow storms, we still get USPS mail delivered to our mail box in the street. Local municipal authority is on the ball in promptly clearing away snow and ice from the roads. The down side is that the chemicals used causes rust issues for most all vehicles.

Royal Mail is testing modified black cabs as mail carriers. Few years ago they were testing the below truck.

Navistar tested these several years ago. Handsome design.

The town had an Oshkosh plow truck a while back. Worst rig we ever owned. Now that's only 1 out 20, they could be better than that now, but we'll never buy another.

Back