OT – Banned? Who me? - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dualkit View Post
    Wow, people are welcoming back a hate the USA troll, amazing, only in America.
    Seems to me Gordon has liked the USA, even and especially Texas, on every visit. His high crimes are apparently liking Denmark better (in a Manufacturing in the US and Europe) forum, logorrhea or whatever the forum-enabled form of that might be, and generating some hundreds of thousands of page views.

Personally, I see at three or more sides to the guy. One is someone with valid experience to share, especially in the realm of thread measurement. The other is a fairly genial guy who, like many converts, is over-the-top happy to be in Denmark after being raised in Scotland. Far as I know it's a pretty decent place to work and live. The third is a highly skilled if repetitive "angler" for posts and comments. Like some famous fly tying fisherman, he baits a new thread . . . only to find hundreds jumping to take it. Anyone offended by that can easily skip his posts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Seriously, Gordon don't fuck it up, you've been given another chance.

I could only guess why you got banned after the last go around.

3. Likes Trboatworks, steve-l liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

5. Likes cameraman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

First- I agree with Voltaire when he said he disagreed with what you say but would defend to the death your right to say it.

Now I will exercise some of those rights.

You may have the right to call each others names and other rude behavior, but just as I have no interest in hearing ear damaging rock music, I have no interest in reading personal attacks. I don't think they have a place in a forum for professionals. There are some people on here that will continue to say such things but I suggest that you simply ignore them and not escalate the issue.

I wonder how many of the people objecting to Gordon's love affair with Denmark have actually been there, I have, a good while ago but I imagine that it is still much the same. I drove a rented Fiat 500 from Hillegom Holland up to Puttgarden Germany, took a long ferry boat ride to Denmark, and drove to Copenhagen. By then it was after dark when I found myself on Hans Christen Anderson Avenue. Most countries name streets for generals, the higher the body count, the wider the street. The Danes name them for writers of children's books. I stopped at the first hotel. The clerk was a young man who spoke perfect English. He said that they only had doubles left, which would probably be more than I wanted to spend and got on the phone. A few minutes later he returned with instructions to go on down the street to a hotel that had a single room. That was entirely voluntary on his part. I didn't ask for a cheaper room. The next day I was wandering around the docks near the statue of the Little Mermaid, when a beer wagon pulled by a horse similar to our AB Clydsdales came clopping along. They stopped and the driver made his delivery. When he came out, he saw the camera and went to the horse's head and stood at attention with a big grin, holding the bridal. I took my picture and they went clopping on. In a building on the border of the Tivoli Gardens there was a sign for a fencing club. I went in and was greeted by a fellow who again spoke perfect English. When I told him I fenced back in St. Louis, he offered to loan me a mask, jacket and foil so I could join in. I declined, mostly to save embarrassment. I am not exactly an Olympic class fencer. Everywhere I went I encountered polite and helpful people.

Denmark is rated as having the lowest corruption in the world and trades the title of happiest with Finland, switching back and forth between first and second.

They have some advantages, having a fairly homogeneous population smaller that New York city's makes it easier to form a concensus.

When the Norsemen were on their 300 year crime spree, the aggressive clods went off to plunder while the intelligent ones became ship builders and arms makers, stayed home where the girls were, and while the meaner ones were being eliminated by spoil sport villagers who objected to a little good clean rape and pillage, tilted the gene pool to the intelligent and peaceful people they are now.

Gordon has adequate justification for his attitude, but I do think he could rein it in a little.

Bill

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big B View Post
    Maybe if you go cuddle up with your trumpy bear you will feel better.
    Somehow you seem to have shoehorned me into what my political views are
    by one simple posting ?

WOW !

Can you give me the winning powerball numbers for next week ?

Or is it really (because I didn't indicate any politics in that post)
    that your such a "never Trumper" sore looser, that anything/anyone that dis-agrees with your views at the moment, you divert to extreme politics,
    and cast them off as "Trump Loving".

Let the record show your post brought politics into this thread, and I would suggest you go sit in the corner and have your little tantrums off PM.

Thank You

8. Likes Mrs Clarke, Newman109, Shawnrs, Fancuku liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by digger doug View Post

Let the record show your post brought politics into this thread, and I would suggest you go sit in the corner and have your little tantrums off PM.

Thank You
    No, you simply stated that GBC has dementia. With no justification at all, except for what your imagination could provide.

That's not commendable, Doug.

10. Likes JoeE., Meggab liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I've never seen a post from Gordon that struck me as him hating the USA. Does he post about the Danish being a happy bunch of people. Yes. That's OK with me.

The USA does have it's faults just like all countries do. If we don't face those faults we can never correct them.

12. Likes JoeE., Meggab, charlie gary, fusker liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by digger doug View Post
    Somehow you seem to have shoehorned me into what my political views are
    by one simple posting ?

WOW !

Can you give me the winning powerball numbers for next week ?

Or is it really (because I didn't indicate any politics in that post)
    that your such a "never Trumper" sore looser, that anything/anyone that dis-agrees with your views at the moment, you divert to extreme politics,
    and cast them off as "Trump Loving".

Thank You
    You have posted 13,544 posts so it isn't really like I am posting based on that one post but you can believe whatever you want.

14. Likes JoeE. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Spinit, please tell us what and why.

Tom

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Tennessee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

never trump has nothing to do with party politics. see that trump inc has never used the same misc contractors on any job... can not say more.
    As president he has closed more steel fabricators than the recession did, we work on very low profit margins and material is 60 - 70% of many jobs, big jobs (>50 tons) quoted 6 months out.
    How people draw a conclusion to parties, when reasonably one can not stomach what he has done to the wage earners, is beyond projection.
    As for spinit, he called me out for saying 'racism sucks'.
    Not pro usa bashing, not against pro whatever piece of this rock one lives at<- which is not as cool as Steamboat or Memphis.

17. Likes Big B liked this post
    Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    Ontario
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hey GBC, why don't you turn your attention towards Canada? We can take it!

You could start with a critique of our "Boy Toy" Prime Minister?

Last edited by Terry Keeley; 06-03-2019 at 01:34 PM.

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Are some of you even thinking about what you write?

I enjoy writing (and reading too) plus I have an opinion on most issues I consider important. I express those opinions. Like some of you I moved to a country and it can be discussed who "adopted" who. Taking everything into consideration (and I have been to many countries) I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

My son has followed in his dad's footsteps (not intentionally) by meeting a Norwegian girl (studying in Denmark) and moving to Norway. Now married and I have a lovely granddaughter just turned 5. Almost the same situation as made me move to Denmark.

One thing that is continuously annoying is being accused of being anti American (the word "hate" has even been used a few times) and yet I still have no idea what that assumption is based on. It was started by one person long ago and several jumped on the band wagon. Bit like accusing someone as being "racist" without really even knowing what the word implies.

It'd be nice now if this thread was given a rest (and I don't mean blocked or deleted) and we all moved on with our lives. If you don't like what I post don't read it and NEVER open (or comment) a thread I start. To some that seems harder than giving up cigarettes. I stopped smoking (20 a day) just over 30 years ago and never regretted it

20. Likes Mrs Clarke, JoeE. liked this post
    Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    Are some of you even thinking about what you write?
    :SNICKER:
    :POT-KETTLE-BLACK:

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thermite View Post
    Awesome!

so.... Donald Trump should HIRE Spinit?

His staff cannot seem to get duct-tape to stick to his lips.... Trump's. Not Spinits.
    Hey Buddy! Nice to hear from you too. I'm glad you changed your mind about staying away. I for one, missed you.

23. Likes gregormarwick, Meggab liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    South Carolina
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I haven't seen any evidence of that. Do you have any?
    As for the only in America thing, it's called freedom of choice. Be glad you have it, buddy.

25. Likes JoeE., Greg White liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thermite View Post
    Awesome!

so.... Donald Trump should HIRE Spinit?

His staff cannot seem to get duct-tape to stick to his lips.... Trump's. Not Spinits.
    Welcome back,don't stay away so long next time. I'll have a pint of OSH to celebrate this evening.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Gordon, regardless of the subject I personally have never read something you have written that I would consider cause for you to be banned. You and Bill have went round and round but it never got to the point of being ugly, actually at times kinda comical. Not saying he is obligated to do so but it would be nice if spinit was the one who banned you to maybe mention why. Evidently someone saw fit to reactivate you.

If all your posts have been restored then why do I have more posts then you, you had way more than me.

If folks can't have civil debates on this board without feeling the need to tiptoe around for fear of being banned because of different beliefs, opinions or viewpoints of the moderator it will ruin the board, not much traffic here lately anyway.

Brent

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I really don't get why all these threads digress to Trump or some other form of politics to be used as insults. It's not even done in a sly manner, it's just a straight up blatant post lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I wish I could find my first reply to Gordon.
    It was something along the lines of....

“What, are you one of those haughty Euro elitists”..

I am a good old American - this place is great and it was a eye opener to have to listen to our OP not completely agree.
    At first I simply assumed that there must be something wrong with the guy but with a bit of time I learned to value a different point of view.

I say ‘play the ball not the man’...

30. Likes charlie gary, kenton liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by DM View Post
    17000 posts missing,allow say 4 minutes average per post.

Thats over 141 8 hour day's, think what you could have machined in that time.
    Nope, there's an option on VBulletin where if a poster is flagged as a spammer, the user account *and* all the posts are auto-deleted. It's known as the 'nuclear option' on another forum I infest, used very sparingly and wisely.

Unfortunately, here, it's more like an example from the sorcerer's apprentice....

PDW