OT Boycot America? - Page 48
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 48 of 55 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Alloy Mcgraw View Post
    I don't see it happening anytime soon if we don't recognize a person that believes their gender is opposite of what it really is as needing psychiatric treatment...
    You worried about something?
    Perhaps a little uncomfortablewith your identity?
    Why are you worried about how other people view themselves?
    Why do you need to treat individuality as a psychiaricartric disorder?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Connecticut
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Miguels244 View Post
    You worried about something?
    Perhaps a little uncomfortablewith your identity?
    Why are you worried about how other people view themselves?
    Why do you need to treat individuality as a psychiaricartric disorder?
    Never claimed to be worried about it, and i don't care if people identify as whatever they desire. Doesn't mean i think it's sane thinking.

I also think smoking crack is nuts, yet i don't care if people do it.

My position is, and always has been...Do as you wish, as long as you don't impose on others.

3. Likes Scottl, Spinit liked this post
    Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by PeteM View Post
    Seems you can't decide if you want to label us as "do-gooders" or "war mongers."
    You are both. First you try "sanctions" then if that doesn't work you make up stories to invade. It's all crap.

I made up my mind years ago. Leave other countries alone. You are not God's Annointed Emisssaries on Earth.

5. Likes Rob F., Spinit liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    You are both. First you try "sanctions" then if that doesn't work you make up stories to invade. It's all crap.

I made up my mind years ago. Leave other countries alone. You are not God's Annointed Emisssaries on Earth.
    What about manifest destiny and American exceptionalism...the shining city on the hill?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If you look closely the "sanctions" often have economic gains for the insiders in "the swamp".

Your comments are interesting in that the current President, despite a few mistakes, seems to be trying to fulfill his campaign promise of a more peaceful world where nations are free to act in their own best interests as long as they leave others alone. He's been fought at every turn by the neocons and neolibs. PBS (Propaganda Broadcasting System) just aired a special about Trump "taking over the Republican Party". I had to turn it off or vomit because what is really happening is the party is being TAKEN BACK from the filthy neocon warmongers who took over some years ago.

8. Likes digger doug, Rob F. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post
    If you look closely the "sanctions" often have economic gains for the insiders in "the swamp".

Your comments are interesting in that the current President, despite a few mistakes, seems to be trying to fulfill his campaign promise of a more peaceful world where nations are free to act in their own best interests as long as they leave others alone. He's been fought at every turn by the neocons and neolibs. PBS (Propaganda Broadcasting System) just aired a special about Trump "taking over the Republican Party". I had to turn it off or vomit because what is really happening is the party is being TAKEN BACK from the filthy neocon warmongers who took over some years ago.
    Not quite.
    It’s being taken by a Goldwater...the last worth a shit Republican was Eisenhower...perhaps Nixon.

You do know trump wanted to invade Venezuela right.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    Talked to a Harley "enthusiast" (Danish and owner of a 1954 HD) an hour ago and Trump is definitely not his favourite person.
    Stop your tariff of Harly Davidson then it is YOU ALL who did it! Really wake up on this it is true Tariffs hurt the people overall as long as there are not other tariffs that harm.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

"Your" sanctions? You really don't have a clue do you?

And of course by "your" I mean the USA.

International sanctions during the Ukrainian crisis - Wikipedia
    The MO of Gordon here;"You really don't have a clue do you"?- Gordon from Denmark
    Imply the opposing person is ignorant. A basic debating point. I do not think it is a serios thing doing the debating club vs real life events which rise above debate. Not limiting ONLY to on line sites the opinions of any person given the contect they have in life IS valid.

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Out of curiosity, what is the tariff on Chinese golf balls and bats?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You are both (the US as both do gooders and war mongers). First you try "sanctions" then if that doesn't work you make up stories to invade. It's all crap.

Great idea, that leaving other countries alone. We could probably agree on that, when there's no harm to us or others.

The sanctions we were talking about were specifically about Russia invading Crimea and intervening in our elections. Seems it's only Xi's annointed emissaries and his now-annointed-best-buddy Putin that would just as soon we left them free to mess with both we and our allies. That's what's crap -- and what you're advocating. Along with N. Korea's nuclear program being just what the world needs, China's expansion into international waters, etc. etc.

I can't imagine anything more sensible than sanctioning such behavior to begin -- and credibly opposing it with NATO force if need be.

As for your earlier point about the US, now with a volunteer Army rather than a draft, being no threat. Could be. Let's say it's so.

That would leave highly nationalistic countries, with dictators, eyes on others' territory and resources, expanding nuclear arsenals, and conscripted armies the real threat to peace. Care to make a list of those countries? Seems they're mostly your buddies (N. Korea, Russia, China, Iran . . .) But, hey, nothing to see or worry about . . . just let Xi be Xi, Putin be Putin, Kim be Kim without so much as a cautionary sanction.

The world isn't going to be a better place if China's version of emperors for life commands half the world's resources and trade routes, if Putin continues to reassemble the Soviet Union by force, or if Kim gets a chance to turn his videos of nuclear destruction into a reality show.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

PBS (Propaganda Broadcasting System)
    Clever.

Weren't you just whining about the corporate run media? Make up your damn mind.

15. Likes Spinit liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Weren't you just whining about the corporate run media?
    Is communism a corporation now? I should have guessed.

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I can't imagine anything more sensible than sanctioning such behavior to begin -- and credibly opposing it with NATO force if need be.
    I sincerely hope it isn't intentional but Trump is seriously undermining NATO with his tweets and antics.

Trump "criticizing" Germany and Merkel publicly at the start of the NATO meeting might be popular with his voters but it'll make Germans pissed off as it would Americans if Merkel criticized the USA publicly.

Next time get someone with political experience as president. The phrase "A bull in a china shop" is descriptive.

Bull in a China shop: Buffalo goes wild fleeing butcher - YouTube

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Spinit View Post
    The MO of Gordon here;"You really don't have a clue do you"?- Gordon from Denmark
    Imply the opposing person is ignorant. A basic debating point. I do not think it is a serios thing doing the debating club vs real life events which rise above debate. Not limiting ONLY to on line sites the opinions of any person given the contect they have in life IS valid.
    Try not actually being clueless for a start

Opinions are great, but you need to defend them

You have proven, repeatedly, unable to do so

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I sincerely hope it isn't intentional but Trump is seriously undermining NATO with his tweets and antics.
    So then I guess you believe US taxpayers should pay for the defense of Europe? I think that if every country paid for their own defense they would value freedom a bit more, and let fewer terrorists in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by partsproduction View Post
    So then I guess you believe US taxpayers should pay for the defense of Europe? I think that if every country paid for their own defense they would value freedom a bit more, and let fewer terrorists in.
    If all our spending went to nato you might have an argument.
    It doesn’t.
    If you take the sliver that we spend on nato and compare it I think you’d be surprised.
    Nato is not responsible for the pacific and Persian gulf.
    Or Africa or South America.

We are on the hook for swinging our dicks in those waters.

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think you screwed up with your quote. However the defense of Europe and terrorism are two very different things.

Do you even realise that many of the worst terrorist attacks are by second generation immigrants? Not just in Europe but also in the USA.

As things are, at least for now, the only threat to Europe is Russia. I don't know how much it gets reported in the USA but Russia continually provokes a couple of the smaller Baltic (NATO) countries. Not to be confused with the Balkan countries.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think you screwed up with your quote. However the defense of Europe and terrorism are two very different things.

Do you even realise that many of the worst terrorist attacks are by second generation immigrants? Not just in Europe but also in the USA.

As things are, at least for now, the only threat to Europe is Russia. I don't know how much it gets reported in the USA but Russia continually provokes a couple of the smaller Baltic (NATO) countries. Not to be confused with the Balkan countries.
    They took down the grid in Ukraine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Five friends walk into a bar, minding their own business. One of them is savagely attacked. While the others had sworn to help each other out, they decide to let their buddy get beaten to a pulp.

That has already happened. The US was savagely attacked on 9-11. Our buddies (NATO allies) came to our defense. The "five guys" thing is just to get the percentages right. The US currently picks up around 20% of NATO's cost. Our allies pick up the other "four out of five."

We can argue about what bars we and our buddies should walk into, how much the little guys should bulk up, and the like. But the main time our buddies lost lives on each others behalf (over a 1000 after 9-11) was in our defense.

Personally, I was opposed to both the Vietnam and the Iraq wars. Don't much walk into bars anymore either. But sounds like I sure wouldn't want you as a "friend" or ally if I did.

The actual situation is more compelling. We weren't so much walking into a bar, as having thugs walk into our back yard. Same as is now happening in places like Crimea and threatened in the Balkans. One thing we learned in WWII is that trying to appease dictators bent on expansion doesn't turn out well, even for those not initially involved.

24. Likes Spinit liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Five friends walk into a bar, minding their own business. One of them is savagely attacked. While the others had sworn to help each other out, they decide to let their buddy get beaten to a pulp.

That has already happened. The US was savagely attacked on 9-11. Our buddies (NATO allies) came to our defense. The "five guys" thing is just to get the percentages right. The US currently picks up around 20% of NATO's cost. Our allies pick up the other "four out of five."

We can argue about what bars we and our buddies should walk into, how much the little guys should bulk up, and the like. But the main time our buddies lost lives on each others behalf (over a 1000 after 9-11) was in our defense.

Personally, I was opposed to both the Vietnam and the Iraq wars. Don't much walk into bars anymore either. But sounds like I sure wouldn't want you as a "friend" or ally if I did.

The actual situation is more compelling. We weren't so much walking into a bar, as having thugs walk into our back yard. Same as is now happening in places like Crimea and threatened in the Balkans. One thing we learned in WWII is that trying to appease dictators bent on expansion doesn't turn out well, even for those not initially involved.
    Neither of your examples are even NATO.
    Afghanistan and the Balkans are really about it.
    The USA likes to swing its dick everywhere...Nato is just nato.

Big difference between natos goals and those of American imperialism and “nation building”.