OT? Closed threads
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 83
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    DENMARK
    Posts
    18,692
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3798
    Likes (Received)
    16201

    Default OT? Closed threads

    That two threads have been closed comes as no surprise. What does surprise me is that some threads are allowed to continue as long as they do.

    There comes a time when we run out of pros and cons and then it becomes a personal "free for all". All lose.

  2. Likes converterking liked this post
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sacramento County, California
    Posts
    3,650
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2140
    Likes (Received)
    1126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    That two threads have been closed comes as no surprise. What does surprise me is that some threads are allowed to continue as long as they do.

    There comes a time when we run out of pros and cons and then it becomes a personal "free for all". All lose.
    For once I find myself agreeing with you. That said, let me gently remind you that you are the person who started both of the now-locked threads.


  4. Likes Oldwrench, Spinit, digger doug liked this post
  5. #3
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    DENMARK
    Posts
    18,692
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3798
    Likes (Received)
    16201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Newman109 View Post
    For once I find myself agreeing with you. That said, let me gently remind you that you are the person who started both of the now-locked threads.
    I suggest you look again I didn't start both. In fact I happen to know for a fact that TR started the first one as a joke.

  6. Likes converterking liked this post
  7. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Posts
    24,168
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    7561
    Likes (Received)
    7491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    I suggest you look again I didn't start both. In fact I happen to know for a fact that TR started the first one as a joke.
    There was no other option. It was placed in the joke forum.

  8. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sacramento County, California
    Posts
    3,650
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2140
    Likes (Received)
    1126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    I suggest you look again I didn't start both. In fact I happen to know for a fact that TR started the first one as a joke.
    My bad. Of course, I missed that. It's telling that you started the USA Sucks thread, however.

  9. Likes Spinit liked this post
  10. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Posts
    24,168
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    7561
    Likes (Received)
    7491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Newman109 View Post
    My bad. Of course, I missed that. It's telling that you started the USA Sucks thread, however.
    I think you mean "consistent".

    When, ever did he tell anyone anything else?

    Ten thousand prological Danes fled through the canes
    Chased by one proctological Scot.

  11. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    Ontario
    Posts
    402
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    882
    Likes (Received)
    229

    Default

    I'm surprised on a daily basis, that you are not banned and all your threads and posts not deleted.

  12. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    12,912
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steven-Canada View Post
    I'm surprised on a daily basis, that you are not banned and all your threads and posts not deleted.
    I think a qty (1) month banning of Gordo is appropriate.
    Give this a "Like: if you agree.

  13. #9
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    DENMARK
    Posts
    18,692
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3798
    Likes (Received)
    16201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digger doug View Post
    I think a qty (1) month banning of Gordo is appropriate.
    Give this a "Like: if you agree.
    Posts "like" that are as good a reason as any to close a thread

    Some don't seem to believe in freedom of speech.

  14. Likes converterking liked this post
  15. #10
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    DENMARK
    Posts
    18,692
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3798
    Likes (Received)
    16201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steven-Canada View Post
    I'm surprised on a daily basis, that you are not banned and all your threads and posts not deleted.
    I'm surprised you use time to post if that's your contribution.

    Why are you even in this thread?

  16. Likes converterking liked this post
  17. #11
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    DENMARK
    Posts
    18,692
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3798
    Likes (Received)
    16201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Newman109 View Post
    My bad. Of course, I missed that. It's telling that you started the USA Sucks thread, however.
    True but I did it for the same reason as TR - in fun.

  18. Likes converterking liked this post
  19. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Flushing/Flint, Michigan
    Posts
    7,027
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    324
    Likes (Received)
    5754

    Default

    One lives with the judgement of those in charge.
    Or you could go somewhere else......
    Nobody is forcing you to post or live here. It's a free net.
    Bob

  20. Likes digger doug, Newman109 liked this post
  21. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    12,912
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CarbideBob View Post
    One lives with the judgement of those in charge.
    Or you could go somewhere else......
    Nobody is forcing you to post or live here. It's a free net.
    Bob
    True, very true, however several others have been banned, both temp and permanent.

    So everyone should be swabbed with the same brush.

  22. Likes Newman109, Meggab, SND liked this post
  23. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Posts
    24,168
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    7561
    Likes (Received)
    7491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steven-Canada View Post
    I'm surprised on a daily basis, that you are not banned and all your threads and posts not deleted.
    Why would you expect PM to give that sort of "mercy shot" to an internet self-abuser?

    Ever cross your mind that "payback" is to let him suffer never-ending self-humiliation, very much in public, and on-the-record for posterity?

    There may even be money in it.

    Eventually the EU my step-in and purchase deletion of all of Gordon's drivel if tiny Denmark cannot raise the funds, unaided.

    Never ascribe to indifference that which may be more readily explained by profit motive.

  24. Likes Newman109, camscan liked this post
  25. #15
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    South Central PA
    Posts
    13,142
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1947
    Likes (Received)
    3149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thermite View Post

    Ever cross your mind that "payback" is to let him suffer never-ending self-humiliation, very much in public, and on-the-record for posterity?
    My version is "It would be impolite to stop him, but it is cruel to let him continue."

  26. Likes Newman109, Mcgyver liked this post
  27. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    12,912
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If this place had the "off topic rumpus room" with a max of 3 pages....this would
    be a "non-issue".

  28. Likes Mud, Newman109, Oldwrench liked this post
  29. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Posts
    24,168
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    7561
    Likes (Received)
    7491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digger doug View Post
    If this place had the "off topic rumpus room" with a max of 3 pages....this would
    be a "non-issue".
    Nah. There are better examples.

    Set the database to expire then "delete" all his posts..... 10 minutes after "save" is hit.

    He can clock astronomically high post-count, tell weiner-world what an important lego-block he be.

    The grown ups can get back to working, eating, sleeping, and - best of all - being shaggers-for-real, rather than shagees, virtualized.

    "Win-Win", yah?

  30. Likes digger doug liked this post
  31. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,342
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    449
    Likes (Received)
    794

    Default

    Have you ever started a thread that actually has something to do with machining?

  32. Likes Steven-Canada, Spinit liked this post
  33. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    12,912
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gobo View Post
    Have you ever started a thread that actually has something to do with machining?
    Come to think of it, I don't think Gordo has....
    Unless it's to hawk some chinese made thread measuring equipment.

  34. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Posts
    24,168
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    7561
    Likes (Received)
    7491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gobo View Post
    Have you ever started a thread that actually has something to do with machining?
    Be fair. He tried.

    But he was soooo out-of date and out of touch with his alleged field, "REAL" experts in that field handed him his ass and he slunk away to go back to polishing troll-turd cannonballs.

  35. Likes Aejgx6, Gobo liked this post

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
2