What's new
What's new

Ot- The country is entering a very troubled time politically.

Trboatworks

Diamond
I can’t begin to understand what effect this will have on the economy and our prospects in the sector we all work in.
I was just old enough to watch the national crisis during the Nixon era.
I wasn’t old enough to be aware of its effects.

I don’t state the above as a partisan in the political debate.
It appears to be a simple statement of fact.
We live in interesting times.

Interesting times indeed.

When I want to keep more of my own money and spend it the way I want I am considered the greedy one.
When I think the United States shouldn't be dealing with murderous and corrupt nations I'm a Nationalist or a cuck, take your pick.
When I think it's absurd that my son could only ever be a boy I am considered a bigot.
When I think America has every right to defend it's borders I am told I hate Mexicans.
When I choose to defend my family and property the way I choose I am considered an extremist.
When I believe that Police should be held accountable for violating civil rights I am considered police-hater.
When I believe the Police were justified I am boot licker.
When I think there are too many college grads who have a degree but no brain in their head I am a privileged cis gendered member of the patriarchy.
When I think weed should be legal I am a stoner hippy. (I don't smoke)

I get it from every side. Everyone is a hammer in search of a nail.

The childhood I had will not the one my children will have and that makes me sad. I hope we can regain some sort of normalcy to our politics and civil discussion. I don't think we can continue to circle the drain the way we have been.

When I want to keep more of my own money and spend it the way I want I am considered the greedy one.
When I think the United States shouldn't be dealing with murderous and corrupt nations I'm a Nationalist or a cuck, take your pick.
When I think it's absurd that my son could only ever be a boy I am considered a bigot.
When I think America has every right to defend it's borders I am told I hate Mexicans.
When I choose to defend my family and property the way I choose I am considered an extremist.
When I believe that Police should be held accountable for violating civil rights I am considered police-hater.
When I think there are too many college grads who have a degree but no brain in their head I am a privileged cis gendered member of the patriarchy.

The childhood I had will not the one my children will have and that makes me sad. I hope we can regain some sort of normalcy to our politics and civil discussion. I don't think we can continue to circle the drain the way we have been.

Jaysoos cheerist, you forgot religion and abortion......:toetap:

Last edited:

NOT THAT I GIVE A FUCk
I HAVE MORALS
NOPE JUST NARROW MINDED, IM HOPEING MY OFSPRING HAVE A THIRD ARM, WOULD MAKE EM SO MUCH MORE PRODUCTIVE!
???
AT LEAST YOU CAN, HERE IF I WAS TO HANG MY SELF AS THEY ENTERED I WOULD BE SUED FOR THE MENTAL HARM THE BURGLERS SUFFERED
THE GESTAPO HAD MORE INTEGRATY THAN SOME CURRENT POLICE OFFICERS BOTH SIDES OF THE ATLANTIC!
GANG BANGING DRUG DEALING ARMED ROBBER LIVES MATTER YOU KNOW!
LOL
YEAH AND IF YOU DID SMOKE IT YOU WOULD JUST BE SO MUCH HAPPIER

Exactly, grow up man, woman or "other" grow a pair of your chosen genitalia, and get on with hitting the shit out of that nail! Nails are a plenty, ask some one what they want, everyone wants something then just fucking make it and stop bitching.

So, is the OP insinuating that "we best let up on trump or country will fail"?

We survived just fine post-Nixon.

Just think, at the next political disaster like trumps, they'll look back at "how did the republicans manage to hold them off so long with such overwhelming evidence?"

My Father was born in 1903. He saw/experienced the reality of WW1 as a boy. He got out of there long before things went bad however he had a paranoid character. Before fascism and communism showed their ugly side he already knew that one kept one's personal beliefs private. I have worked with people who grew up behind the Iron Curtain and escaped. They displayed similar attitudes that my Father did and they would not trust you in a private conversation for months until they got to know you.
I am fearful that one day key people in power will just look us up on social media and the next night we disappear. Don't think it can happen? One guy who was a Canadian citizen and an engineer was stopped in his attempt to return from visiting relatives. He was imprisoned and tortured for years. We do not know all the details but Canadians fingered him unjustly. He won a lawsuit against the government for several million dollars.
That is what I am fearful of. I am just an old fart so not important but other people.....

My Father was born in 1903. He saw/experienced the reality of WW1 as a boy. He got out of there long before things went bad however he had a paranoid character. Before fascism and communism showed their ugly side he already knew that one kept one's personal beliefs private. I have worked with people who grew up behind the Iron Curtain and escaped. They displayed similar attitudes that my Father did and they would not trust you in a private conversation for months until they got to know you.
I am fearful that one day key people in power will just look us up on social media and the next night we disappear. Don't think it can happen? One guy who was a Canadian citizen and an engineer was stopped in his attempt to return from visiting relatives. He was imprisoned and tortured for years. We do not know all the details but Canadians fingered him unjustly. He won a lawsuit against the government for several million dollars.
That is what I am fearful of. I am just an old fart so not important but other people.....

Don't travel to China after what your Gov did and you will be OK.

The political system in the us is broken...period.

When the requests of the majority of people are ignored by the elected Representatives for their own agends, that is the exact opposite of the foundation of our government.

Both sides are fucked up.

The political system in the us is broken...period.

When the requests of the majority of people are ignored by the elected Representatives for their own agends, that is the exact opposite of the foundation of our government.

Both sides are fucked up.
They both are two sides of the same coin and that coin no longer has any value.
I see no real difference in the "two" parties in usa now.

I said it in the other thread and I'll say it again, we need term limits for judges, representatives, and Senators.

Personally, I'm against gay marriage, I'm for abortion, and I think illegals should be arrested and deported. I think black, while, yellow, or brown if you commit a crime you go to jail, if your color does it more than the others, don't be surprised that you have run ins with Johnny law. I believe the Confederate flag is heritage not hate and is a part of our history. If someone doesn't like it they can go back the way they came.

Term limits are elections for politicians and Good behavior is for judges.

What we really need is an educated population. So if you find a school that will actually teach instead of community organizing.

We might actually get somewhere.
Other then that I'm back to my [:popcorn:]

Term limits are elections for politicians and Good behavior is for judges.

What we really need is an educated population. So if you find a school that will actually teach instead of community organizing.

You would of found a unicorn.

Other then that I'm back to my [:popcorn:]

They teach...how to be a snowflake

Yes we do our country asper the media is tearing is's self apart i do not think so every body should do a fact check on every thing you will find the truth not news just the truth just saying .

Yes we do our country asper the media is tearing is's self apart i do not think so every body should do a fact check on every thing you will find the truth not news just the truth just saying .

Say what ?

Last edited:
I suppose one might ask "Which country is NOT doing poorly these days?".

Certainly Congo is not excepted, Not Sweden, not Myanmar.... Perhaps it is the NEWS that makes things seem so unfavorable.

They teach...how to be a snowflake

We have a PBS channel in Chicago and every night they air a show called Chicago Tonight. One night they had a panel on discussing something Trump did. A teacher from Chicago State University was on and was going off about Trump, raised voice arms swinging you get the idea. I wonder what happened the day in his class room. Was he teaching facts or opinions? All I want is to be told the facts not opinions. Right now I don't know who the hell to believe. Hillary and Bill are crooks and nothing happened. For someone to with a straight face bring up Russian collusion is a joke. "Gee America NEVER interfered in another governments elections." Is anyone else out there tired of working your ass paying full price to get your kids educated only to see "The Entitled Ones" get everything handed to them? Look at the sad state of Social Security. Hey Greatest Generation thanks for all you did sorry no increase for this year. Things need to change. If Trump did anything he opened a lot of eyes.

Back