What's new
What's new

OT Covid 19 breath analizers

I am not convinced the vaccins will solve the covid 19 pandemic Only partly probably But if the virus keeps mutating we will keep chasing our tail
Here we start using breath analizers to determin if someone does not have a covid 19 infection Test is limited to as it cannot tell for sure if you have it Only can tell with a 95%or so accuracy that you do not have it So if tested positief you have to undergo a traditional test to say for sure or not
If available in big quantaties I see this as a effective weapon in the fight agains covid
Ideal would be to test everyone every couple of days You need miljoens of these devices then Opportunity for the industrie perhaps
If covid goes the way of the flue we better design a app on the cellphone:scratchchin:

Peter

Have not heard of these, where do they come from, Jina? The testing I've seen done with sniffer dogs shows they are 100% accurate, why re-invent the wheel, stay low tech and use dogs. When a breathalyzer finds a positive and they decide to run, can the machine chase them too?

There was a report yesterday on the local news station talking about a rapid test device that used saliva to test for covid and the results were available almost immediately.

I wonder if the two are related

Trying to find more info.......stay tuned.

this is old news, the quick testing method was developed mid last year, and if the people in charge had any sense, they'd be all behind it, but since they are not, we're stuck with the 30% false positive giving expensive and long pcr testing, which is great if you want to keep draining money from the government and prolong this as long as possible, also great for fear statistics!

this is the short version, they had an hour long video explaining and comparing testing methods there also, that whole channel has been great source of info on this with basically zero bias and no fearmongering

I heard on the radio they are starting to produce a filter test strip. You stick the little dot of special chemical paper on the outside of your mask. End of the day you drop liquid on it and it turns color if it has covid virus on it. Not exactly sure why that information would be useful?
Bil lD

Over here they start a test at several PCR testlocations
You first blow in the breathanalizer If that is negative you are done If you test positive on the breathanalizer you do the PCR test witch takes a day to get the result
Available in big enough numbers this device or another really quick test may be a gamechanger

Peter

I heard on the radio they are starting to produce a filter test strip. You stick the little dot of special chemical paper on the outside of your mask. End of the day you drop liquid on it and it turns color if it has covid virus on it. Not exactly sure why that information would be useful?
Bil lD

right now PCR testing is done mostly on symptomatic people, that means they have been contagious for few days at least before they even got tested, and have been walking around spreading the thing till then

had everyone been using these quick 2$ tests themselves and be *responsible about it*, we could isolate the virus A LOT quicker, within a week it might be possible to know who is and who isn't infected and take appropriate measures

right now those infected asymptomatic (or not yet symptomatic) people are the ones spreading it and prolonging this nonsense, and since governments are mostly interested pretending they are doing everything in their power, we won't get anywhere with this any time soon

and being responsible about this is the difficult part for the free western society...

Sounds like an incentive for Covid roadblocks. Used properly, it could generate serious revenue from motorists.

"Officer, why did you pull me over".

"You are suspected of driving with Covid. Blow into this device and we'll find out. Refuse the test and you automatically lose you license for one year."

Fauci_HerImmunity.jpg

this is the difficult part for the free western society...
I don't get this part. What does freedom have to do with avoiding a virus ? 'Freedom', in the west, is all about the ability to give someone else a disease ?

I have not understood this from day one. There were no "authoritarian measures" in China (and probably south korea and taiwan). People stayed home because they didn't want to die. They wanted the virus problem to be over. The BEST way is to isolate all the people who have it then separate them, which takes THREE WHOLE WEEKS, ooooooh ! Mommy, I can't stand it, I have to stay home for 21 whole days ! Waaaaah !

This is "freedom" to you guys ?

You're nuts.

Have not heard of these, where do they come from, Jina? The testing I've seen done with sniffer dogs shows they are 100% accurate, why re-invent the wheel, stay low tech and use dogs. When a breathalyzer finds a positive and they decide to run, can the machine chase them too?

If the dog catches the covid positive person, and gets the virus, will the dog get workers comp?

EG, that was sarcasm, people seem to think that freedom means they are totally in their rights to be completely irresponsible or plain stupid, then, when government starts to implement restrictions to fight this moronic behavior - they complain about their civil rights being obstructed...

We are still using "way too much false positive" testing methods, because Fauuci is running the show.

Just like the Aids virus, milk it for all he can, empire building.

I don't get this part. What does freedom have to do with avoiding a virus ? 'Freedom', in the west, is all about the ability to give someone else a disease ?

I have not understood this from day one. There were no "authoritarian measures" in China (and probably south korea and taiwan). People stayed home because they didn't want to die. They wanted the virus problem to be over. The BEST way is to isolate all the people who have it then separate them, which takes THREE WHOLE WEEKS, ooooooh ! Mommy, I can't stand it, I have to stay home for 21 whole days ! Waaaaah !

This is "freedom" to you guys ?

You're nuts.

Wow, someone hasn't been paying attention.

China was able to enforce hard lockdowns, even welding shut the doors of apartment buildings by some accounts. In the USA people cry "unconstitutional" if you ask them to wear a mask when out in public. Two opposite extremes.

There were plenty of "authoritarian " measures taken in Victoria,and the virus stopped in a few weeks .....they learned from the first wave ,and second time around ,first thing Daniel Andrews did was to lock up all the third world immigrants in the public housing high rises ....locked doors ,police cordons ,only one or two escaped in the whole lockdown.......then a general three week lockdown ,and there are basically no cases since...none.......Not needed in Queensland ,people have cooperated ,we have no virus.

There are many people who after finding out they have it still go out to work, or to bars. My sons fiance had 2 instances where people who tested positive multiple times still came to work. She is immuno compromised, so she gets pissed, she winds up quarantining, my son becomes at risk.
We missed both Thanksgiving and Christmas this year with them because both cases happened a day or so before. The Christmas event was even wieder, the person knew, started feeling like crap, came to work, and then went to visit their parents for the holidays, knowing they have the virus. We keep hearing about letting people take personal responsibility, but that doesn't work. We have a bunch of selfish assholes who only think about themselves. And if they don't take care, well, chances are there's nothing you can do to protect yourself from them.

So we have the denyers (trumpism), the selfish, the over the top wear gloves, masks, GOGGLES... (not glasses but goggles).

Peter from Holland said:
You first blow in the breathanalizer If that is negative you are done If you test positive on the breathanalizer you do the PCR test witch takes a day to get the result

The results from the tests here are supposedly 24hrs+, in the recent cross infection case here from yet another sick UK traveller returning, people were mostly seeing their negative or positive status same day.

woodchuckNJ said:
selfish assholes who only think about themselves.

I'm thinking of Peter's header and Dutch to English spelling and having a chuckle. Just imagine what the departed comb-over guy could tell his followers now about this method....less uncomfortable than the UV lamp at least!

Back