What's new
What's new

OT: Money! What is it? What does it mean to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
5cwu2RQ.gif

Lil' impatient are we,

I have not watched what you have posted yet in it's entirety but but a brief glimpse makes me say welcome to the world as it has been for hundreds of years.

JR

Last edited:
well its not just about the doc, the question is in the title. :)

heres a trailer.

low risk at 2.10

Ok, lets try another path.

If you had a money printing machine in your shop, that you were legally allowed to use to print any amount of money. Would you:-
A) Print any amount of money you need
B) Go down the road and borrow the money from a bank.

If you had a money printing machine in your shop, that you were legally allowed to use to print any amount of money. Would you:-

What? :eek: Doesn't everyone own a money printing press?

is this a thread on who can ask the daftest question?

Without seeing any of the videos I presume your next question will be why governments loan money then
Answer is because relation between money and government is completly different as the relation money and persons/bussiness
Something a lott of politicians do not grasp

Peter

Am on a mobile with crap reception atm. Good to see some participation. Gold goes to Sami for giving answer to the question know what I mean Gordon.

1: "what is it?" It's the rope that binds us.

2: "what does it mean to you?" It means I am stuck in this circumstance of our economy. Not able to keep ahead, but could quite possibly get knocked down.

3: "what am I going to do about it?" I don't know......

Unless and until the pitchforks come out nothing will happen.

Watched both pieces, the average person in the developed world just doesn't care. People are creatures of habit, changes good or bad are viewed negatively. Besides; do you think the folks at the top are going to agree to relinquish power. A world wide coup on the banking industry would need to occur.

Steve

Money is just an IOU. It is only as good as the person or government that issued it and no good if it can't be spent or devalued and spent at a lower value. Study German financial history after the first WW.

John

Ok. I want to try and try keep this as short and simple, 10 yr old simple. Keep things accessible. Ive got limited motivation and the subject can real glazed if we all start using big words.

Allright.

As ridiculous as the question is, the answer is obvious. No one in their right mind would choose B if they had the power to create their own money... Yet, this is what the Governments of the world do, they choose B and pass this power over to the banks.

Just an FYI I prefer at least a brief synopsis written by the OP before I click on stuff like this.

It seems it's normally X minutes of my life I'll never get back. :)

This is almost always the case with these videos -- you waste a substantial amount of time watching before you figure out what "gloom and doom" scenario they're pitching.

Like Sami said, im guessing most of us see money as a sort of tool, we dont think on it too much other than most of us would like more of it. We know that we that need it to pay our bills and buy the shit we want (like Abene milling machines :D) but thats about as far as it goes.

As was mentioned earlier, our money is a form of IOU, but theres a bit more too it than that, and that is, Interest. Our current money could come under the heading of Debt based Fiat system.

Were all accustomed to pouring over grainy PDFs on the webs, especially if like me you like an older machine. A booklet created by the FED that detailed money creation called Modern Money Mechanics is widely quoted. Problem is its not so modern anymore, kinda only worth reading if you hate your life.

Time for the next stupid question.

You need a loan from a bank to buy some shit you want. Where does the bank get the money from to loan you?
A) From peoples savings that have been deposited to the bank.
B) Is created from nothing when the bank types the numbers into your account.

Get ya shorts ready Gordon, next stop is a Desert Island :D

Ok. I want to try and try keep this as short and simple, 10 yr old simple. Keep things accessible. Ive got limited motivation and the subject can real glazed if we all start using big words.

I can't blame you for keeping things short and simple, and I understand your limited motivation. If you want to make a point, however, expecting others to invest an hour and a half of their time to figure out your point isn't going to be very productive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back