OT - opening up as best we can. AKA - is it still just the seasonal flu? #3 - Page 12
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 12 of 94 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 1867
  1. #221
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    9,044
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    598
    Likes (Received)
    6519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CalG View Post
    Nov 12, 2020 - CHAPEL HILL, N.C. -- A new study published in Science confirms that SARS-CoV-2 has mutated in a way that's enabled it to spread quickly around the world, but the spike mutation may also make the virus more susceptible to a vaccine. . . .

    https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2020-11/uonc-csm1
    Quote Originally Posted by cnctoolcat View Post
    With one vaccine that has shown 90% effectiveness in final trials (which is surprisingly successful). . .
    Hey, a useful link from Cal and the end game pretty much summed up by Toolcat. My guess is the early guesstimates of when we'll have a safe and effective vaccine are optimistic, but there's a likely exit to this within a year or so.

  2. #222
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Posts
    7,028
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    3410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trueturning View Post
    WTH is this? You have few boundaries don’t you EG?
    Not when it comes to refuting lies and propaganda that can hurt or kill thousands of people, no. That lying sack of shit claims covid is a hoax ? well, tell those dead people. I'm sure they will be happy to hear it.

    If you want to end up like that, fine. Go ahead, drink that assbreath's koolaid. But don't say "no one told me, waaaah" when you end up in a gruesome photo.

    This is a public service announcement. Covid is not a hoax.

  3. Likes JoeE., dalmatiangirl61, Greg White liked this post
  4. #223
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hillsboro, New Hampshire
    Posts
    12,077
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2790
    Likes (Received)
    8394

    Default

    Well, it's amusing to see the cultist complain that someone else has "few boundaries". This from a racist, hypocritical "man of religion", as I'm sure he'd tell you a few thousand times, all while he's acting in total conflict with his religion's precepts.

    Bah. It makes me hope there's an afterlife, I'd relish cooking a few hotdogs over that burning soul.

  5. Likes Trueturning, JoeE. liked this post
  6. #224
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Missouri
    Posts
    369
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    185
    Likes (Received)
    213

    Default

    WTH is this? You have few boundaries don’t you EG?
    Ha!

    He said boundaries.......too funny.

    Boundaries, limits, morals, filters, humanity, No bueno here.

    You guys are arguing with a tool, a troll, a chicom dooosh.

    Good luck in your endeavors. HE'S getting paid to troll you all.

    He won't stop.

  7. Likes JoeE. liked this post
  8. #225
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Posts
    3,018
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3153
    Likes (Received)
    628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    Not when it comes to refuting lies and propaganda that can hurt or kill thousands of people, no. That lying sack of shit claims covid is a hoax ? well, tell those dead people. I'm sure they will be happy to hear it.

    If you want to end up like that, fine. Go ahead, drink that assbreath's koolaid. But don't say "no one told me, waaaah" when you end up in a gruesome photo.

    This is a public service announcement. Covid is not a hoax.
    I never said COVID was a hoax. Still I question your impulse to get away with pictures of dead persons. Is that last one of real people? I take it the tags are considered humorous to you?

    Doesn’t seem like legitimate opposition to much at all.


    Dang Thunder which one? Do you think it is right for EG to post pictures of dead people? He likes this tactic. How about pictures of citizens killed by police, or our soldiers killed during the war, or even worse horrid things. Unrestrained and uncalled he demonstrates he has little or no boundaries just like sister Malice .

    EG.

    Your numbers, science, and so-called experts on the pandemic are all over the place. Bragging like China single handedly beat COVID is a hoot too as they released it on the world from a largely closed and totalitarian country. That takes a lot of intent or stupidity to pull off-not good for business.

  9. #226
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Germany/California
    Posts
    545
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    56
    Likes (Received)
    288

    Default

    Whatever you think of the scamdemic, this is hilarious:

    Jair Bolsonaro wants Brazil to 'fight' COVID-19, says stop being a 'country of fags'

    TLDR;
    "Brazil’s Jair Bolsonaro received widespread backlash for a new set of ‘derogatory’ homophobic remarks as he told the nation to stop being a ‘country of fags’."

    On edit: These are on target, too:
    icebergs.jpg

    trojan-horse.jpg

    socrates.jpg
    Last edited by Straightedge; 11-14-2020 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Added images

  10. #227
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Australia (Hobart)
    Posts
    3,983
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    611
    Likes (Received)
    3180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy2 View Post
    I would agree that a true shut down would be almost impossible to do here. We have the problem of a multitude of facilities that you just cannot shutdown such as power plants, pipeline infrastructure, hospitals, fire stations, etc.
    So - you're saying that Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, had none of those things?

    Do you think it's actually located in Somalia instead of Australia?

    Do you realise that it's a First World city of just under 5 million people?

    Do you realise that they went from an exponentially increasing case growth to currently zero cases?

    And you say it can't be done?

    You're wrong. It CAN be done. It's painful, but it CAN be done.

    But you have to want to do it and you have to have sufficient discipline to manage it.

    Therein lies your problem.

    250,000 dead in the USA now. Probably 220,000 preventable with sensible behaviour.

    Your country, your choice.

    PDW

  11. #228
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Flushing/Flint, Michigan
    Posts
    9,875
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    547
    Likes (Received)
    8133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PDW View Post
    ....
    But you have to want to do it and you have to have sufficient discipline to manage it.
    Therein lies your problem.
    PDW
    And if 30 to 48% of the public does not want to do it due to whatever influences or influencers, then what?
    Many around here think it a lie, some grand plan, just a minor problem or that we have turned the corner and it will go away.
    Added together they are a good size piece of the pie.
    This is already baked in and nothing short of a total disaster is going to change it.

    If a shutdown comes again to Michigan many more will violate it than the last time.
    Then what? Fines that get torn up like traffic tickets? Jail? no room there.
    We are already in and past cabin fever. Everyone wants their old life back even if it means other lives will be lost in the process.
    Bob

  12. #229
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Germany/California
    Posts
    545
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    56
    Likes (Received)
    288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PDW View Post

    You're wrong. It CAN be done. It's painful, but it CAN be done.

    PDW
    That's right. All we have to do is look to our heroic, brave, brother PDW, that wise and highly-experienced deep-throater of totalitarian cock, because nothing proves you're a big, independent-minded, strong-willed, all-caps, PDW-type MAN like doing exactly what the benevolent and truthful people on TV say. If only we Americans would follow the dictates of our duly-elected public servants, give up all our freedoms, and our guns (like those free people in Australia and NZ already did), then we too could have zero cases. After months of these half-assed lockdowns, nothing else matters: Our entire reason for existing is to get to zero. With the right leadership, we can do this. We can't agree on Trump or Biden, but I think we CAN all agree on PDW.

  13. #230
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, UK
    Posts
    21,012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    16442
    Likes (Received)
    16915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Straightedge View Post
    That's right. All we have to do is look to our heroic, brave, brother PDW, that wise and highly-experienced deep-throater of totalitarian cock, because nothing proves you're a big, independent-minded, strong-willed, all-caps, PDW-type MAN like doing exactly what the benevolent and truthful people on TV say. If only we Americans would follow the dictates of our duly-elected public servants, give up all our freedoms, and our guns (like those free people in Australia and NZ already did), then we too could have zero cases. After months of these half-assed lockdowns, nothing else matters: Our entire reason for existing is to get to zero. With the right leadership, we can do this. We can't agree on Trump or Biden, but I think we CAN all agree on PDW.
    So why aren't you and your armed to the teeth right wing buddies marching on Washington to regain Mr Trumps stolen election?

  14. #231
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Germany/California
    Posts
    545
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    56
    Likes (Received)
    288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Limy Sami View Post
    So why aren't you and your armed to the teeth right wing buddies marching on Washington to regain Mr Trumps stolen election?
    Uh, cuz Trump is just as much a treasonous commie puppet of the oligarchs as Biden, duh. Plus, PDW is our MAN now

  15. #232
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hillsboro, New Hampshire
    Posts
    12,077
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2790
    Likes (Received)
    8394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Limy Sami View Post
    So why aren't you and your armed to the teeth right wing buddies marching on Washington to regain Mr Trumps stolen election?
    Oh, he doesn't need arms. He and his fellow cultists will be using the power of their collective denial to ensure that no hint of the Biden Presidency (it feels so good to capitalize that word again) ever intrudes on their collective 10 brain cells.

    That, and cinching down the MAGAT hat a little tighter over their ears.

  16. Likes JoeE. liked this post
  17. #233
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Flushing/Flint, Michigan
    Posts
    9,875
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    547
    Likes (Received)
    8133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Limy Sami View Post
    So why aren't you and your armed to the teeth ...
    Define armed to the teeth, In 12 hours here it is opening day and yes you can use your elephant gun even if your political views lean rather left.
    At sunrise if out of the cities you will not need a alarm clock. Plenty of those not Trump fans.
    Opening day in Michigan defies all politics or care for such sides.
    Bob

  18. Likes Trueturning liked this post
  19. #234
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hillsboro, New Hampshire
    Posts
    12,077
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2790
    Likes (Received)
    8394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CarbideBob View Post
    Define armed to the teeth, In 12 hours here it is opening day and yes you can use your elephant gun even if your political views lean rather left.
    At sunrise if out of the cities you will not need a alarm clock. Plenty of those not Trump fans.
    Bob
    Dangit, I'm going to miss the famous "Running of the Elephants" in Michigan again.

    Damn you, Covid! Damn you to Heck!

  20. #235
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    South Carolina
    Posts
    758
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    605
    Likes (Received)
    609

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Straightedge View Post
    Uh, cuz Trump is just as much a treasonous commie puppet of the oligarchs as Biden, duh. Plus, PDW is our MAN now
    Don't think the first part of that is true. Plus, I would trust anything PDW says more than you.

  21. Likes Greg White liked this post
  22. #236
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hillsboro, New Hampshire
    Posts
    12,077
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2790
    Likes (Received)
    8394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazygoat View Post
    Don't think the first part of that is true. Plus, I would trust anything PDW says more than you.
    What gets me is that people like Bentedge think they're clever. I guess self-delusion comes first, then it's easy to get roped in by a cult leader like djt.

  23. Likes crazygoat, Limy Sami, Greg White liked this post
  24. #237
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Flushing/Flint, Michigan
    Posts
    9,875
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    547
    Likes (Received)
    8133

    Default

    No one in the extend family has had this.
    Those who work medical sounding alarms about they they see at work.
    Not hit home so most in my pod are not concerned. All is good.
    Bob

  25. #238
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hillsboro, New Hampshire
    Posts
    12,077
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2790
    Likes (Received)
    8394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CarbideBob View Post
    No one in the extend family has had this.
    Those who work medical sounding alarms about they they see at work.
    Not hit home so most in my pod are not concerned. All is good.
    Bob
    Things can change quickly, and anecdotes don't make for good medical policy.

    Things are going to shit again in Italy - I really feel for them...

    Overwhelmed Naples hospital gives suspected Covid-19 patients oxygen in their cars

  26. #239
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Australia (Hobart)
    Posts
    3,983
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    611
    Likes (Received)
    3180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Straightedge View Post
    That's right. All we have to do is look to our heroic, brave, brother PDW, that wise and highly-experienced deep-throater of totalitarian cock, because nothing proves you're a big, independent-minded, strong-willed, all-caps, PDW-type MAN like doing exactly what the benevolent and truthful people on TV say. If only we Americans would follow the dictates of our duly-elected public servants, give up all our freedoms, and our guns (like those free people in Australia and NZ already did), then we too could have zero cases. After months of these half-assed lockdowns, nothing else matters: Our entire reason for existing is to get to zero. With the right leadership, we can do this. We can't agree on Trump or Biden, but I think we CAN all agree on PDW.
    Yep - typical nutcase behaviour. Read something that upsets your precious beliefs and go for the personal attack.

    What you're too stupid to realise is, I consider being attacked by people like you as a badge of honour.

    Carbide Bob - I think you're making my point for me. You're basically saying that you guys can't control the spread because too many of you think it's a hoax, bullshit or just refuse to compromise your 'freedom' in the face of a pandemic.

    Meanwhile infections in your country grow at an accelerating rate and deaths, the lagging indicator of infections, also rise. 1200 a day now.

    And you have fuckwits like straightedge who can't even face observable facts.

    You guys used to be the envy of the First World for your science and engineering abilities. I'd never have believed just how fast your country could have fallen for the snake oil salesmen. P T Barnum sure was right.

    PDW

  27. #240
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Posts
    7,028
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    3410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderjet View Post
    You guys are arguing with a tool, a troll, a chicom dooosh.

    Good luck in your endeavors. HE'S getting paid to troll you all.
    Since you know this is a lie, and you're welcome to check with Hank Butcher or Jimmy Sills or Wally Pankratz or even Sleepy, I have to wonder why you post shit like this ? Some sort of defense mechanism against the truth ?

    Those people are dead. They are dead from covid-19. It's not a hoax, and people howling "conspiracy ! it's a fraud !" are full of shit, liars, assholes. The result is Carbide Bob's Michigan, inhabited by a people soon to be decimated by ignorance.

    But I guess there really is no use fighting ignorance. You insist on it, you get what you deserve.

    I'm just a little surprised that you would be such an outright liar, since you know better. And then to throw insults, while lying through your teeth,

    This is Missouri's pride, now ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trueturning
    Your numbers, science, and so-called experts on the pandemic are all over the place.
    Bullshit.

    Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    Dangit, I'm going to miss the famous "Running of the Elephants" in Michigan again.
    Head over to a Walmart on Black Friday


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •