OT - opening up as best we can. AKA - is it still just the seasonal flu? #3 - Page 19
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 19 of 94 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Mod:
    No-one on this page needs moderation.
    I highly disagree with some posts, and some posters I normally disagree with have made excellent comments.
    Mod: off.

Everyone needs to have a say, *excessive* vulgarity/profanity/personal attacks exempted.

The Us has gone from 100k cases per day, about 1 week ago, to 185.000 cases, nearing 200k, in one week, more or less.
    In another week, it may well be 400k cases.
    And about 20 days later, 2-4000 dead per day.

Most of the dead are the old, obese, sick people with diabetes, liver problems, similar, over 70, trending over 80.
    Do they not deserve a chance ?

As things stand, it is quite possible the US has 10k plus people dying from covid within 1-2 months, per day.
    Imho this is a disgrace.

For the richest nation on earth to not act to mitigate the pandemic deaths ... I just think it is a disgrace.
    I can understand Haiti and Venezuela and Zimbabwe who simply don´t have funds and credit.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by PeteM View Post
    "Milder symptoms" as in a quarter million dead and more struggling in intensive care wards in less than a year?

And what is it that these supposed leftists have sought for years -- wearing a mask until we have a safe and effective vaccine to scale? Using the best available science to guide decision-making on scientific questions?
    “ And what is it that these supposed leftists have sought for years -- wearing a mask until we have a safe and effective vaccine to scale?”

Easy question-power.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trueturning View Post
    “ And what is it that these supposed leftists have sought for years -- wearing a mask until we have a safe and effective vaccine to scale?”

Easy question-power.
    as a card carrying leftist, I disagree.
    I already have 400 amps of 3 phase.
    I have no need of more power...

And I have a lot of leftist friends- most of them are quite satisfied with a measly 100 amps of single phase.

try again.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ries View Post
    as a card carrying leftist, I disagree.
    I already have 400 amps of 3 phase.
    I have no need of more power...

And I have a lot of leftist friends- most of them are quite satisfied with a measly 100 amps of single phase.

try again.
    Ok How about this you can call someone out and have them drop in a family of Racoons into your attic. Who you gonna call to get them out? Doctor, Lawyer, Beggerman, Chief?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

And my car has 62 HP - which is plenty for me.

6. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Best advice I can give is relamp with LEDs because we are going to need the extra energy.

If we do not make American then it could be anyone’s preferably Europe. Yet China will likely have better deals.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trueturning View Post
    Ok How about this you can call someone out and have them drop in a family of Racoons into your attic. Who you gonna call to get them out? Doctor, Lawyer, Beggerman, Chief?
    I actually just use a have-a-hart trap. I caught one in the shed this summer. Must have weighed 25 pounds.
    This is how us Leftists deal.

But what does that have to do with coronavirus?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 107808409_10158473684580747_7626608099451903004_o.jpg  

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What does ANYTHING have to do with any subject when you're dealing with cultists?

For them, orange man wonderful. No logic, no thinking involved. Just Kovid-Koolaid.

Drink up, lads!

10. Likes Limy Sami liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I actually just use a have-a-hart trap. I caught one in the shed this summer. Must have weighed 25 pounds.

Giving a Racoon an orange tan and putting it in the White House could only have improved that building's response to Covid 19, .........and the other problems that ail the USA.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Limy Sami View Post
    Giving a Racoon an orange tan and putting it in the White House could only have improved that building's response to Covid 19, .........and the other problems that ail the USA.
    If we HAD put a raccoon in the White House, not only would Covid-19 have been dealt with better, but all our failing bridges would have been rebuilt (with wildlife crossing lanes), our water, sewer, and trash infrastructure would be vastly better (special dining areas in all dumpsters/skips), AND the Middle East would have achieved lasting peace among all parties.

And the animals in the WH would have better manners, reasoning skills, and would smell much less.

Vote Rocket Raccoon 2024!

13. Likes Limy Sami, JoeE. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    If we HAD put a raccoon in the White House, not only would Covid-19 have been dealt with better, but all our failing bridges would have been rebuilt (with wildlife crossing lanes), our water, sewer, and trash infrastructure would be vastly better (special dining areas in all dumpsters/skips), AND the Middle East would have achieved lasting peace among all parties.

And the animals in the WH would have better manners, reasoning skills, and would smell much less.

Vote Rocket Raccoon 2024!

Then by presidential decree (or whatever it's called) he could make both the House and Senate wear Davy Crocket hats.

15. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post

Airline captains are professional "drivers" who work for private firms and complying with their instructions is a condition of traveling on the craft they control.
    The powers of an airline pilot to remove you from his aircraft are derived from the Federal Aviation Regulations, not the employer.

17. Likes Terry Keeley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A parable....

There was this guy, Delbert.

Delbert would always say "Why do I have to pay for someone else's healthcare?" So, in 2016, Delbert votes against helping others. And now, the hospital in his shitsplat town has closed down.

Delbert doesn't care though~ He can weld. He's a tough guy, an individualist who doesn't get sick. When Corona comes along, Delbert is led to believe it's a hoax, or no worse than the flu.

Delbert doesn't wear a mask in public and won't social distance, because he doesn't want to be oppressed. He ain't no sheep and he sure ain't wearing no slave mask. He sure as hell ain't gonna listen to some liberal, educated idiot scientists.

What do they know? Can they weld?

So Delbert carries on like normal. He goes out drinking with the boys, goes to church (with a hangover) on Sunday~ where he gets his weekly dose of pretending that he's morally superior to others.

But, somewhere in Delbert's travels, he ends up contracting the Corona.

At first he ignores it... "damn, kinda early for the flu" he thinks to himself.... he goes to work anyway. For some reason, this guy... a genius because he can weld... cannot afford to miss a day of work.

The next day things have gotten worse. Delbert is having a hard time breathing. His wife, Karen, is starting to get concerned. As the day progresses, Delbert's cough gets worse. She finally gets up the courage to tell him he needs to go to the hospital. He's too weak now to berate or lay a hand on her, so He begrudgingly agrees.

Karen calls around looking for a hospital bed for him but, alas, one can't be found in the vicinity. In fact, the closest place that can take Delbert is two hours away in the city. This causes Karen's anxiety to spike. The city is a scary place. They have multiple lanes, liberals and black people. Still, Karen summons the strength to ignore all that and hoist him into the truck.

On the way, Delbert insists on listening to AM radio. Listening to OANN and it's patriotic propaganda, Delbert gets so riled up that he starts to choke on rage.... and snot.

She's on a mission.... a mission to find a place not overran with sick and dying people

Hours later, one near wreck and four wrong exits later, Karen finally navigates her way to the correct hospital, no thanks to the dying asshole in the passenger seat.

Karen gets Delbert admitted to the hospital, finally. The staff tell her that she needs to go home and quarantine for two weeks as she has been exposed herself. She nods in agreement.
    As Karen walks out to the truck, the day's exhaustion finally hits. It's a long drive home. She decides that since she has a cousin that lives in the area, she'd stop by for a visit and unwind instead.
    Quarantine can wait.
    An exhausted nurse walks into Delbert's room. Her ass is dragging. There is a sadness to her. Her hospital has been inundated with sick people. People who haven't taken precautions. There isn't enough staff. She hasn't seen her family in days. She wonders why she even keeps trying to help these ungrateful morons.
    Delbert has the T.V. on in his room tuned to Fox. He can barely speak, but she can audibly hear him choke/grunt the words pedophile and Biden out of his mouth. The nurse walks out of Delbert's room and lets him suffocate.

R.I.P.
    Delbert
    He could weld.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We agree on a solution better days ahead we knew that we could agree on some things extremists aside. I do not think for a minute that Biden will look away from law and order for example unless he is not who I believe him to be.

Lots of promises are normal yet getting things passed will be another. What does the raccoon in the cage have to do with Corona? Easy one shared sacrifice in lockdowns.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    Now, less than a year later, I've already had my shot(s). And we didn't have to kill 250,000 people to get there.
    I don't believe your statements. You haven't had a "shot"

If you did, the chicom government would've SOLD the vaccine to the west for profit.

I'm sure your chicom government is lying.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Having them around improves anyone’s attention they are brawlers pound for pound and can kill any dog.

Once a friend went into his attic checking noise and froze when he came face to face with a big one bigger than either of us have ever seen. Backing out carefully we called a professional in to relocate him.

Dishing out more blame on the potus at this point is only jumping to conclusions. How viruses spread will be much better known after this. I think a lot is taken for granted in Asia because they deal with these much more frequently. Heck it will take some time before China becomes proficient in basketball too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Then by presidential decree (or whatever it's called) he could make both the House and Senate wear Davy Crocket hats.
    What!? No, that would be a hate crime!

Hat crime?

Whatever...

23. Likes Limy Sami liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

.....................But what does that have to do with coronavirus?
    Nothing to do with the virus but since you posted the picture what did you do with it?
    Here we have laws that say you can not relocate them very far from their old home turf.
    Those types of rules have to be rather left leaning and confusing. I can shoot and toss in the dumpster but I can not move it 80 miles away into the national forest and let it run free.
    Have the same trap, caught maybe 20-30 or so over time.
    They love bacon, poop and pee all over the trunk when in transport and they do want to come back home.

Did the drop into a 55 gallon drum of water as pissed but darn thing floated the whole cage up for air.
    Not fair or nice. If you want to live that bad I will cut you some slack, we are going on a road trip journey. This for a mean rodent that is tearing up my building.

Now mostly I just use a radio to make them go find another home. Right wing talk radio 24/7 and they leave in no time.
    (actually it's not right wing stuff, it is 24/7 talk, a music station does not work)

Some to be said for coons and right/left views, how to handle, best practice. Kill, coddle?
    They are not humans so any right to live? Bad things to be eliminated?
    If a dog or cat comes onto your property then? Someone in my neighborhood shoots cats.
    Bob

Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderjet View Post
    I don't believe your statements. You haven't had a "shot"

If you did, the chicom government would've SOLD the vaccine to the west for profit.

I'm sure your chicom government is lying.
    Stupid as you are, I'm kinda surprised you can remember to breathe.

Fuck off, idiot.

26. Likes Limy Sami liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CarbideBob View Post
    Nothing to do with the virus but since you posted the picture what did you do with it?
    Here we have laws that say you can not relocate them very far from their old home turf.
    Those types of rules have to be rather left leaning and confusing. I can shoot and toss in the dumpster but I can not move it 80 miles away into the national forest and let it run free.
    Have the same trap, caught maybe 20-30 or so over time.
    They love bacon, poop and pee all over the trunk when in transport and they do want to come back home.

Now I just use a radio to make them go find another home. Right wing talk radio 24/7 and they leave in no time.
    (actually it's not right wing stuff, it is 24/7 talk, a music station does not work)
    Bob
    I cant tell you.
    But the raccoon is no doubt happy in its new home.
    we also have laws against transporting them, but I believe they clash with the rules about UBER drivers.
    Where I live, I am in the middle of thousands of acres of plowed fields.
    Raccoons are rare, they are usually just stopping for a night or two and moving on.
    They like cover, and we have no trees to speak of within miles.
    This raccoon is now living amongst trees, with lots to eat.

28. Likes CarbideBob, Trueturning liked this post