OT - opening up as best we can. AKA - is it still just the seasonal flu? #3 - Page 9
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 9 of 94 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

306 EV is a mandate from the people. Throw the rascals out. Give Biden the presidential briefing trump doesn't read it anyway he probably would not notice if he no longer got his copy, too busy golfing.
    Trump will have to buy a home in Florida since his hotel has a two week maximum stay policy. I dare say he will have a difficult finding an escrow company to take his money.
    Bil lD

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

IIRC trump called 304 a "landslide" in 2016 despite the popular loss..

imagine that.

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Im seeing the net result when Im looking for investment rental houses .....house after house on the market is "last sold in 2019/last sold in 2018"....those recently into the market pre covid, in financial trouble due to the various unforseen circumstances ...and now the mortgage payment moratorium is over......I must state here Im not looking to benefit from anyones misfortune,just to sink my land money into a couple of rental houses.

Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by iwananew10K View Post
    IIRC trump called 304 a "landslide" in 2016 despite the popular loss..
    If I'm not mistaken, Trump just lost by more than Jimmy Carter or Walter Mondale, both percentage-wise and numbers-wise. But I guess it must be a fraud ....

Quote Originally Posted by john.k
    I must state here Im not looking to benefit from anyones misfortune,just to sink my land money into a couple of rental houses.
    Ya know, hot looking women go for a lot more when you're old like us. But you can't take it with you ...

5. Likes Limy Sami liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Nov 12, 2020 - CHAPEL HILL, N.C. -- A new study published in Science confirms that SARS-CoV-2 has mutated in a way that's enabled it to spread quickly around the world, but the spike mutation may also make the virus more susceptible to a vaccine. The new strain of coronavirus, called D614G, emerged in Europe and has become the most common in the world. Research at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and the University of Wisconsin-Madison shows the D614G strain replicates faster and is more transmissible than the virus, originating in China, that spread in the beginning of the pandemic. There were bright spots in the study findings: While the D614G strain spreads faster, in animal studies it was not associated with more severe disease, and the strain is slightly more sensitive to neutralization by antibody drugs. The study published Nov. 12 provides some of the first concrete findings about how SARS-CoV-2 is evolving...
    https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2020-11/uonc-csm1

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, Trump just lost by more than Jimmy Carter or Walter Mondale, both percentage-wise and numbers-wise. But I guess it must be a fraud ....

Ya know, hot looking women go for a lot more when you're old like us. But you can't take it with you ...
    “ Ya know, hot looking women go for a lot more when you're old like us. But you can't take it with you ...”

Right but where you are likely going EG you actually can take them with you as y’all will be going to the same place.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trueturning View Post
    Right but where you are likely going EG you actually can take them with you as y’all will be going to the same place.
    Do they have a special place for meth-head religionists like yourself? At least you won't have to worry about tooth marks...

Country
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Nah, she's hard to put up with but at least she means well. Me, hell, at least I'll be with friends. We can swap lies on break

10. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    Do they have a special place for meth-head religionists like yourself? At least you won't have to worry about tooth marks...
    You are the doper here. It fits your racist ideology.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You are the doper here. It fits your racist ideology.
    Calm down, Princess. Your use of religion to bolster your decrepit attempts at argument - I don't care what you worship, specially since you adhere to none of its principles. But you do love to go there...

Quite the role model you are. Whoops, meant mole model. Digger of dirt, living with worms.

But on you, it looks good. Helps to hide the sores...

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think they're more into wacko websites. Even tv is too rational for them.
    Yea, imagine going to a whackjob news site like NBC:
    https://twitter.com/Heminator/status...wd-in-brooklyn
    nbc-coro-1.jpg

Don't leave out Time either:
    coro-2.jpg

Or perhaps you are more of a Newsweek person?
    coro-3.jpg

14. Likes Dualkit, ChipSplitter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There's that little matter of the BLM protesters predominately using masks:

Black Lives Matter Protests Didn’t Contribute to the COVID-19 Surge

And the trumpets didn't: Trump rallies act as super-spreader events, lead to more than 700 COVID-19 deaths, study says | myfox8.com

Note that's a Fox station...

Troubling things, facts. When you start looking at them, they don't blink and turn away.

Country
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CAMasochism View Post
    Yea, imagine going to a whackjob news site like NBC:
    If you would open both eyes and look at the photographs, you might notice a difference : masks !

Another thing that logic tells us is -- outside ! while Sturgis bars and the reception for Amy Covid Barrette was -- indoors !

Links are a few pages back now but one was a very recent journal (Nature ?) about masks being probably 40% effective, and the other (Atlantic) was even more interesting, about the k factor rather than R. Which would indicate that certain types of events are the ones to beware. One lady in South Korea, for instance, infected 5,000 ! where in other cases, 68 people went through a hair salon with no one getting anything.

I'm personally not that outraged about protests, seen a few and every time, the protests were correct while the Establishment had its head up its ass. Sorry, getting buzzed and hrrr hrrr hrrrring with 6,000 of your closest skinhead friends in a South Dakota bar doesn't carry the same weight of necessity with me as a guy getting strangled to death by the cops, or shot seventeen times in the back (yes I'm exaggerating, those dipshits couldn't hit a goddamned barn seventeen times) ... anyway, I don't see the outrage. But to each his own.

The fact is, if you lunatics had paid attention to this virus in the first place, you'd have been done eight months ago and the orange cheesedick could have come out looking like a hero and y'all could have continued trampling on law and justice and the working class, aka machinists, for another four years.

But you didn't. So suck it up and try to grow a brain cell or two.

(No, don't like Newsweek much, the fuckedup John Bircher Time is even worse, used to like the Los Angeles Times okay but they got a new owner and went sob-sister, damned if I know where you guys can get impartial news these days. I just skim quickly, if I see the normal herd of gratuitous purple adjectives I click the x in the top corner of the tab immediately. Saves wear and tear on the nervous system.

Mostly you can find the original sources, if you look. For instance, if I read what the Foreign Ministry actually says, then I know how much shit the Washington Post and New York Times are spreading. Outright lies, in many cases. Twisted propaganda in the rest. The only one I've seen in years that was fairly accurate was the one Milacron linked to somewhere, about the true effects of the trade war.

So yeah, in this instance, something of what Mr Trump says is true - the press is shit. But not in the way he claims.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

But you didn't. So suck it up and try to grow a brain cell or two.
    But we had masks and a shutdown in Michigan.
    And still we have a big new wave and the curve now going straight up. It looks now headed to worse than in spring.
    Bob

Country
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CarbideBob View Post
    You didn't have a shutdown. You had a half-ass inconvenience. An actual shutdown works. Been there, done that.

So did Australia, New Zealand, Taiwan, South Korea.

And your version of masks is, about 1/3 of the people wear them, when they feel like it.

Sorry Bob, fail. I've seen a shutdown and I know what it looks like.

At this point, however, with newer information, back up and wade through that Atlantic article. Other methods may work better, now that we know more.

Killed 250,000 people to get there but what the heck, may as well use that hard-won knowledge for something better than killing another 250,000.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

And still we have a big new wave and the curve now going straight up. It looks now headed to worse than in spring.
    Bob
    Poor adherence to the lockdown, bad mask discipline.

You also had a "militia" that wanted to kidnap/murder the Governor. Maybe Flint's not the only city that has lead contamination in the drinking water?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The deal maybe that a real shutdown can not be done here.
    I'd say masks are more 60% than 1/3.
    Do have family that ignore all and any of the rules. Since there is no way to enforce such they are more a suggestion than a rule.
    Enforcing such is just this side of impossible not to mention that many in law enforcement come right out and say they will not do it.
    A customer in line mid north, no mask and asked it that a problem. Store owner "Until the governor herself padlocks my door no one has to wear a mask".
    At some places you feel like an outcast wearing a mask, at others no mask is the bad guy. Such is life in Michigan.
    Masks now or not, the free grouping of many seems to be dived on political lines and there is no agreement.
    Public safety went out the window long ago. It is freedom to do as I please.
    We built the thing on personal freedom.
    Bob

Country
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Enforcing such is just this side of impossible not to mention that many in law enforcement come right out and say they will not do it.
    This is what strikes me as crazy. There was no law enforcement involved here (ja I know, someone will pull out the welded doors story. Yeah, one fucking dumbass in a country of 1.4 billion, and they didn't take him to jail or fine him $5,000 the neighbors turned him in and they just made him stay inside for three weeks.)

Total failure of leadership. Management went on teevee here, explained what this virus does, showed video of people with tubes hanging out all over, we didn't discount what ALL the medical people in the whole country were saying, most people in China don't want to die. They stayed home for three weeks and then we were done. February 9 to March 1.

How many idiots have you had who were convinced it was a hoax, went out partying, then said "Damn, I fucked up !" as their last message ? Several that I know of.

Why was/is the US population so stupid ? It didn't take "enforcement" in a country with an IQ over ten !

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    Calm down, Princess. Your use of religion to bolster your decrepit attempts at argument - I don't care what you worship, specially since you adhere to none of its principles. But you do love to go there...

Quite the role model you are. Whoops, meant mole model. Digger of dirt, living with worms.

But on you, it looks good. Helps to hide the sores...
    “ Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    Do they have a special place for meth-head religionists like yourself? At least you won't have to worry about tooth marks...”

“Meth-head religionists” ? Your subject. It is hard to keep up with what topic you wish to have one of your meltdowns about now a days.

You are never positive nor positively specific about your complaints. Never do you even offer three positive forward moving solutions on race,democracy,fairness, or even American exceptionalism.

One does not understand you and your constant haranguing and harpy nature. It is generally agreed though that as far as drug use is concerned speculation on what you could be doing is not fair really because there is no evidence to indicate use of Meth Amphetamine. On the other hand your hysteria, passive/and obsessive direct aggression plus all of the meltdowns you have it is safe to express concern for your mental health.

It has been suggested before perhaps a psychiatrist, priest, or a rabbi might be soothing to your agitated and raging persona. Specifically myself, I would think the psychiatrist prescribing heavy heavy sedation might be best. Maybe just drop you off someplace where you can be comfortable in your own room no Internet or news about the Orange Pumpkin. Far far away from the election and news and to be deprogrammed in a humane manner.

I mean how will you climb out of bed and get to the shop each day when Trump escapes? You know that he will he always does.

Only the best for our maniacal little wall flower - coloring books and beautiful dolls shall be available for your companionship and instruction.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The deal maybe that a real shutdown can not be done here.
    I'd say masks are more 60% than 1/3.
    Do have family that ignore all and any of the rules. Since there is no way to enforce such they are more a suggestion than a rule.
    Bob
    I would agree that a true shut down would be almost impossible to do here. We have the problem of a multitude of facilities that you just cannot shutdown such as power plants, pipeline infrastructure, hospitals, fire stations, etc.

Theoretically a true shutdown would work, but we ALL we need to stay in our houses with zero outside contact. Just from my short list is a considerable number of people and you would also need to keep them at their point of work for the duration.

Then you would need to get enough food stores in the pipe line so that everyone can stockpile for the required duration and not leave their house. Then their is the hoarding issue.

I also suspect that the virus has mutated. It seems much more contagious but less virulent. The hospitalizations, ICU, and mortality rates all seem to not be tracking the initial curves.

This second wave is also seems to be following the temperature change related to geographic location. The temperate regions got hit hard early on when we had the heat on. As the temperature rose, the southern regions started to get hit when the air conditioning was switched on. Now with fall early winter with the heat on again, we are seeing a spike. My point is I think part of the spread of the virus is related to our HVAC systems in buildings and the low air exchange rates.

It seems to me the only viable path forward is to be a little smarter in our behavior and basically tough it out until the vaccines start to come into play. Another lock down is not going to do what is required.

24. Likes Trueturning, CarbideBob liked this post