OT - opening up as best we can. AKA - is it still just the seasonal flu? - Page 10
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 10 of 184 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by camscan View Post
    Or Fred Dibnah.
    Doffs cap!

Sounds like the deep state developed an explosive silencer, like in all those assassin movies.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BillE View Post
    Doffs cap!

Sounds like the deep state developed an explosive silencer, like in all those assassin movies.
    Like with the pink camel and Ikea wardrobe- yes?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trboatworks View Post
    You are either completely untrained of delusional.
    You actually sound like you have no science background at all.
    I'm done- I am giving credence to a dangerous misrepresentations by even talking to you.
    I think 'You are a total fuckwit and are going onto the ignore list' is more succinct.

PDW

4. Likes Ries liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Straightedge View Post
    It's not just the outer wall falling. The entire building falls in unison. It's not as if the entire exterior detatched from the framework and fell independently.

Leaving all the "science" shiit aside.
    As someone who is VERY intimately involved with the construction of courtain walls (the exterior as you've called it), the complete detachment of the entire outer structure
    while remaining otherwise intact is the ONLY faliure mode they have!

To give you a perhaps easier to understand picture just look a the difference between stick built framing and post and beam construction.
    The former requires an outer sheeting ( typically plywood) to stay up. The plywood is hard fastened to the framing and without it the structure cannot remain standing.
    Once completed, the frame and the outside is ONE!

The post and beam construction OTOH is complete and self supporting the second it's assembled, it requires nothing to keep it that way.
    If all you want is a waterproof covered area, add a watertight covering and done.
    If you want it protected from wind as well, the add windproof outer covering.
    In either case, you are not "hard fastening" the coverings, rather hang them. For all we care, the covering can be a piece of stapled on tarp or cardboard even.
    The point is that the outer cover is not only NOT self supporting, but in fact CANNOT EXIST or STAY UP without the underlying structure.

This is EXACTLY the case with the typical high rise steel construction. The courtain wall is literally hanging off the steel frame ( hence the name ).
    That outer skin that you see is the courtain wall, and it's individual panels are more and better attached to each other than it is to the building it's hangin' from!
    In fact, If you were to see how they are attached to the frame and to each other, I bet some of you would think twice before setting foot in say NY, Chicago or any other
    large city in the world with tall buildings ( glass covered or otherwise )

In the video it is clearly seen that the framing is collapsing (disappearing) from left to right, and when a sufficient amount of it is gone, the whole outer "skin" falls as one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SeymourDumore View Post
    Leaving all the "science" shiit aside.
    As someone who is VERY intimately involved with the construction of courtain walls (the exterior as you've called it), the complete detachment of the entire outer structure
    while remaining otherwise intact is the ONLY faliure mode they have!

To give you a perhaps easier to understand picture just look a the difference between stick built framing and post and beam construction.
    The former requires an outer sheeting ( typically plywood) to stay up. The plywood is hard fastened to the framing and without it the structure cannot remain standing.
    Once completed, the frame and the outside is ONE!

The post and beam construction OTOH is complete and self supporting the second it's assembled, it requires nothing to keep it that way.
    If all you want is a waterproof covered area, add a watertight covering and done.
    If you want it protected from wind as well, the add windproof outer covering.
    In either case, you are not "hard fastening" the coverings, rather hang them. For all we care, the covering can be a piece of stapled on tarp or cardboard even.
    The point is that the outer cover is not only NOT self supporting, but in fact CANNOT EXIST or STAY UP without the underlying structure.

This is EXACTLY the case with the typical high rise steel construction. The courtain wall is literally hanging off the steel frame ( hence the name ).
    That outer skin that you see is the courtain wall, and it's individual panels are more and better attached to each other than it is to the building it's hangin' from!
    In fact, If you were to see how they are attached to the frame and to each other, I bet some of you would think twice before setting foot in say NY, Chicago or any other
    large city in the world with tall buildings ( glass covered or otherwise )

In the video it is clearly seen that the framing is collapsing (disappearing) from left to right, and when a sufficient amount of it is gone, the whole outer "skin" falls as one.
    Since you have considerable experience with "courtain wall" buildings, World wide, over the entire history, how many have fallen due to fire?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CalG View Post
    Since you have considerable experience with "courtain wall" buildings, World wide, over the entire history, how many have fallen due to fire?
    That was not the question now was it?

He has stated that they do not fall in unison as if they were detached from the interior structure.
    I have stated that they can NOT in fact do anything BUT fall in unison EXACTLY because they are not integral part of, but rather loosely attached to the interior structure.

(For the record, I did not say extensive, I've said intimate. Read: Hold in my hands most/all of the components that holds the f'n thing to the building's frame)

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Weird that the World Trade Center even comes up or gets the attention of a disagreement.
    We all know the moon landings fake and that J. Edgar Hoover was behind the death of both Kennedys (maybe with some help from his clan and of course Hoffa ).
    Quite simply it is a rigged game, always has been and those in power or money want to get and control over us.
    Not sure the motivation behind this bug which I think the CIA invented and then planted it in China.

Crazy or fringe is not going to help us but please do not shoot the security guard if he tells your mom or wife to wear a mask in the store.
    What ever happened to life sucks at times, you get the cards dealt, and that is living. There is no monster under the bed it is just the way things work out.
    Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CarbideBob View Post
    Weird that the World Trade Center even comes up or gets the attention of a disagreement.
    We all know the moon landings fake and that J. Edgar Hoover was behind the death of both Kennedys (maybe with some help from his clan and of course Hoffa ).
    Quite simply it is a rigged game, always has been and those in power or money want to get and control over us.
    Not sure the motivation behind this bug which I think the CIA invented and then planted it in China.

Crazy or fringe is not going to help us but please do not shoot the security guard if he tells your mom or wife to wear a mask in the store.
    What ever happened to life sucks at times, you get the cards dealt, and that is living. There is no monster under the bed it is just the way things work out.
    Bob

The problem I have, is that when I don't push back, those buggers keep taking advantage of me.

Maybe I just need to get along with less .... I don't really need my eyes or legs

reminds me of a Cat Stevens song......

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SeymourDumore View Post
    So the outer skin can't support itself, but it all fell at once after the steel structure across the entire building gave way because of thermal expansion? Hmmm. I'd love to see some other examples of that happening. There aren't any? Weird.

The NIST model is there to humiliate us. Steel structures don't behave like that. Obviously. If any non-official source proposed their mechanism, it would be laughed at. Here we have a machinist forum and yet we throw our firsthand knowledge of how steel behaves out the window when an official source proposes some absurd, non-physical explanation? Why?

And now we have some virus that can't be seen or detected by a layperson. Assertions have been made by the official sources, yet they don't align with what we directly observe. If you've been led by the nose with the NIST model, what chances do you have to exercise discernment with the very fluid SCIENCE of covid, which changes week by week in the most curiously convenient ways for the power structure?

If you accept this, you're not going to get your freedom back, EVER. Every country is a farm for human livestock. Your oligarch farmer-owners are moving to control their animals with all sorts of new surveillance and tracking technology and laws to pen you up indefinitely on any cause they please. Here, we've been put in soft house-arrest for two months now and told the way we lived before March is never coming back. And because of all those TVs and welfare payments, their farm animals haven't complained much.

If you don't put up some resistance now, get ready to see your human dignity and quality of life permanently diminished.

11. Likes Joe Miranda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CalG View Post
    The problem I have, is that when I don't push back, those buggers keep taking advantage of me.

Maybe I just need to get along with less .... I don't really need my eyes or legs

reminds me of a Cat Stevens song......
    And we all know what a f'kn wanker he is.

13. Likes digger doug liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If you don't put up some resistance now, get ready to see your human dignity and quality of life permanently diminished.
    If you insist on creating your own paranoiac "reality" for everything you don't understand or are afraid of, you ARE diminishing your quality of life.

And in your case, doing your damndest to diminish others too!

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Limy Sami View Post
    And we all know what a f'kn wanker he is.
    On another note...How is Camscan doing with the injection of "Boris Blood" ?

A little goes a long, long way.
    It's probably reproducing inside of him like rabbits by now....

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    If you insist on creating your own paranoiac "reality" for everything you don't understand or are afraid of, you ARE diminishing your quality of life.

And in your case, doing your damndest to diminish others too!
    Fear of death is leading to fear of life. That's the real epidemic.
    So, your government lies about the Tonkin Gulf incident, WMDs in Iraq, Iran-contra, NSA surveillance/domestic spying, but it's totally trustworthy about this.

House arrest isn't paranoia: it's naming what's happening with accuracy instead of the "shelter-in-place" euphemism. Remember how America was advertised as the Land of the Free, but when the rubber meets the road, it turns out the livestock citizenry took that slogan only as seriously as Tastes Great/Less Filling.

I'm not afraid of the virus at all. Firsthand observations and conversations have not supported the idea that there is anything to worry about. And the numbers they promoted didn't really pan out, either. 2M deaths, Ro=4, everyone is gonna get infected, there won't be enough ICU beds, ventilators, etc. etc.--that was fear being advertised, not reality. But I know it's not fun to feel duped, so you see how the adherents of the Cult of the White Lab Coat are doubling down onto the "new normal" and the "2nd wave" because the 1st wave was a losing bet.

See the difference? I'm afraid of how we are being led into a world where freedoms are permanently lost. I'm not afraid of novel viruses, as nature conveniently provided each of us with an immune system that is more sophisticated, finely tuned, and effective than anything humans might think up.

17. Likes Joe Miranda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Fear of death is leading to fear of life. That's the real epidemic.
    So, your government lies about the Tonkin Gulf incident, WMDs in Iraq, Iran-contra, NSA surveillance/domestic spying, but it's totally trustworthy about this.

House arrest isn't paranoia: it's naming what's happening with accuracy instead of the "shelter-in-place" euphemism. Remember how America was advertised as the Land of the Free, but when the rubber meets the road, it turns out the livestock citizenry took that slogan only as seriously as Tastes Great/Less Filling.

I'm not afraid of the virus at all. Firsthand observations and conversations have not supported the idea that there is anything to worry about. And the numbers they promoted didn't really pan out, either. 2M deaths, Ro=4, everyone is gonna get infected, there won't be enough ICU beds, ventilators, etc. etc.--that was fear being advertised, not reality. But I know it's not fun to feel duped, so you see how the adherents of the Cult of the White Lab Coat are doubling down onto the "new normal" and the "2nd wave" because the 1st wave was a losing bet.

See the difference? I'm afraid of how we are being led into a world where freedoms are permanently lost. I'm not afraid of novel viruses, as nature conveniently provided each of us with an immune system that is more sophisticated, finely tuned, and effective than anything humans might think up.
    Thank the good lord for that, I was getting a bit of a flap on. I will report later on my doctor's reaction to the finger.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by digger doug View Post
    On another note...How is Camscan doing with the injection of "Boris Blood" ?

A little goes a long, long way.
    It's probably reproducing inside of him like rabbits by now....
    I'm fine Digger,just don't want to re-open the NHS debate and give my best mate the opportunity to tell you where the US is going wrong.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm fine Digger,just don't want to re-open the NHS debate and give my best mate the opportunity to tell you where the US is going wrong.
    All in good fun sir.
    I figured in a few weeks (after receiving the xfusion) your hair would look like:
    1. Boris Johnson
    2. Edd China
    3. James May
    4. Brian May
    5. Noddy Holder

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

All in good fun sir.
    I figured in a few weeks (after receiving the xfusion) your hair would look like:
    1. Boris Johnson
    2. Edd China
    3. James May
    4. Brian May
    5. Noddy Holder

Who is Edd China?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Who is Edd China?
    The "Sofa Car" ring a bell ?
    YouTube

He's from your island...jeesh.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

They're all wankers, to the point that they don't know they're wankers.

Sorted!

24. Likes 72bwhite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The "Sofa Car" ring a bell ?
    YouTube

He's from your island...jeesh.
    Never seen him before and won't be disappointed if I don't see him again.