OT - opening up as best we can. AKA - is it still just the seasonal flu? - Page 145
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 145 of 166 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,900 of 3320
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Rob F. View Post
    guilt by association?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Oh, goody. I post a link citing Lindsay Wiley, the Director of the Health Law and Policy Program at American University, citing the legal basis for public health officials making mask use mandatory.

Then there's this, with some other legal scholars weighing in: Yes, Gov. Newsom Has The Authority To Make Masks Mandatory In California, Legal Experts Say - capradio.org

But Cal, who still wants to fart, belch, and spew CoVid in public (it gives meaning to his life) has a link he trusts from "wellness expert and holistic life coach Peggy Hall" who says no one should be giving medical advice but a doctor; but is happy to give legal advice to dozens of major corporations in her role as a "holistic life coach." She, for example, says it's just fine for the mentally ill to come in to their store and start coughing on people. That's good enough him.

Good news, by Peggy Hall and Cal's logic - no one can force anyone to wear clothes in public or businesses either. Nor safety glasses on the shop floor. Against their religion, balls or eyes can't breathe, etc. etc. Nudist nation!

I don't doubt, given the twisted partisanship of this nation, we'll see the orders challenged.

4. Likes dalmatiangirl61 liked this post
    Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Who'll eventually do most to help the USA re covid19? SleepyJoe or DiaperDon?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    Who'll eventually do most to help the USA re covid19? SleepyJoe or DiaperDon?
    who do you think
    nothing has been done at the national leave yet, don't expect much will be done either.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

After well over 100 days of waiting to know someone who actually got sick from this most profoundly important disease of the last hundred years and still sitting here empty-handed, I wonder if this was the case with prior epidemics...was it possible that the bubonic plague or some particularly virulent flu would wipe out significant numbers of people in an area and yet it wouldn't be evident from first-hand observation that anyone was sick? Seems unlikely, but who knows. Like, did people have to be told the plague was happening, or was it self-evident?

They've gotten a lot of people to wear masks by selling them as a social responsibility, but it seems like a straight up humiliation ritual to me. I can't find a single paper where covid 19 has been isolated, let alone using an isolate to infect test subjects to demonstrate disease replication as per Koch's postulates. The lack of fundamentals like this seems to put the cart ahead of the horse. But maybe I should just get used to it because it seems reversed cart-horse order is part of the new normal.

8. Likes CalG liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by PeteM View Post
    So, our CIA, Fusion GPS, FBI, Justice Dept. etc. ask our elected officials and Trump gofers questions -- entrap them you say -- they then lie under oath and it's all OK with you. Never would have lied if they hadn't been asked the questions. Kind of the same logic as there wouldn't be a pandemic if we didn't test for it.

As for the Trump Tower meeting - here's Fortune Magazine's (hardly a liberal source) take on it: Why the Infamous Trump Tower Meeting Didn'''t Take Down Trump | Fortune

The conclusion isn't yours that the whole thing was a setup; but that Mueller couldn't prove collusion. Fair enough. But, what's very clear is that Donald Trump instructed his son to lie about it, and it's OK by you, because you know . . . ?? Only some thousands of more lies to excuse, many of them material.

Also clear from the record are the Putin, Xi, Kim, Saudi etc. ass kissings.

As for reading any of the highly redacted stuff Trump's second hand-picked Attorney General puts out -- even Mueller had to complain Barr's spin was pretty much a lie. Trump has a few skills - he's a con man and he's really good at using lawyers (and now executive privilege and whistle blower firings) to keep his critics silent. Here's one group of bipartisan lawyers incensed about this sort of thing: Former Justice Dept. Lawyers Press for Barr to Step Down - The New York Times And another: Bipartisan group of attorneys calls on AG Barr to resign over Lafayette Square actions

Let's set aside Trump's character, though, and get to the economy. Many conservatives were screaming when the Obama administration went into deficit to recover from the 2008 Great Recession. I wasn't keen on it either, mainly on the grounds that if we're going to borrow money there needs to be a real return on it. We sort of got that from some of the initiatives. In any case the actual deficit numbers aren't your "mere" 117 billion but those trillions listed below.

Second column is the national debt added per year -- trillions. Not your comparison of one deficit year spending to the next. This year, in part because of gross mismanagement leading up to the pandemic, then denial, and now a schizophrenic and politicized national response, trillions more.

While the U.S. government can get away with printing money, quantitative easing, jawboning interest rates to zero, repatriating corporate cash for stock buybacks, trashing the environment for profits, etc. for a while - say in response to a national disaster or a WWIII - we can't afford to have too big-to-fail industries repeatedly rape the economy or a President game the system for approval ratings. The power and the value of the dollar depends upon trust -- and that is something we're squandering day by day. A retort that it's not just Trump who really likes this, but those "new economics" types on the liberal side isn't a dismissal -- it's a caution for all of us to make sure we actually get an ROI on our debt.

We are were in a situation (2017, 2018, 2019) where we would have essentially zero GDP growth were in not for the borrowed money shoved into the economy. We've hollowed out the productive parts of our economy, empowered banksters, and let 30 DJIA companies become proxies for "how you doing?" That list used to be a who's who of industry. Now it's pharma companies charging us 2x, finance companies, Walmart, and the like. All the time while real wages were falling and (up to the pandemic) the trade deficit was worse and our own manufacturing in recession.

Putting the nation in debt a trillion a year, to see less than half that in incremental GPD isn't the sign of economic genius. It's a warning we're borrowing from the future, to con voters in the present.

Budget deficits eclipsing even post Great Recession: Trump’s Deficits Are Racing Past Obama’s

US manufacturing in recession well before pandemic: Trump pledged to revive the manufacturing sector. But it just fell deeper into a recession. | Markets Insider

Trade deficit with China increasing despite the bluster:
    U.S. Trade Deficit with China

Man. I continue to be amazed by how you come back again and again with this stuff.

You just mix it up and throw it all on the wall. What you begin with is the truth which you must transition to a falsehood.

Looking at the broad motivation you have everyone knows where you visit from and it is a very sad place.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Another interesting thing about the CV-19 numbers
    Yesterday the death number was 346, the serious/critical number was 15,864.
    So with that for yesterday about 2% of the worst cases resulted in death.
    USA death to active was D=346… all active = 1,435, 851.
    So that seems a percentage of .00024
    Sensationalizing the number of new cases seem more in the news.
    One's chance/odds of survival seems more important to me..
    likely political reasons for tooting new cases..another blame Trump thing I guess..

I am taking numbers from this site:
    Coronavirus Update (Live): 10,433,532 Cases and 508,810 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Pandemic - Worldometer
    Last edited by michiganbuck; 06-30-2020 at 08:50 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trueturning View Post
    Man. I continue to be amazed by how you come back again and again with this stuff.

You just mix it up and throw it all on the wall. What you begin with is the truth which you must transition to a falsehood.

Looking at the broad motivation you have everyone knows where you visit from and it is a very sad place.
    So false lathe hand please dispute with facts, not ur usual “ put downs” you appear to be A ass iin epic Perportions, and termites 5 grade playground comebacks are wat comes from you, I will freely admit, termites claims of his ansester s inventing air ( barefoot) are getting boring as hell, such a bragger I have not met.
    Then scoot, he comes in and licks it all into a straight lie, I mean line. The bullshit is fowling the forum, piopus conceit,
    Your use of the word we is very misleading as well, oh here ya go lie bor all, Ha Ha , Ha Ha, stupid Fucs.
    Oh I seen a lathe once, duh 🙄
    Gw

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Notice how that of all the reasons being proposed for the spike in outbreaks of the virus they keep saying there is no proof all the protesting in large groups was one of them. Give me a break, every large gathering has been marked as problematic toward spreading the virus with the exception of large groups of liberals causing havoc in the streets.

13. Likes digger doug liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dualkit View Post
    Notice how that of all the reasons being proposed for the spike in outbreaks of the virus they keep saying there is no proof all the protesting in large groups was one of them. Give me a break, every large gathering has been marked as problematic toward spreading the virus with the exception of large groups of liberals causing havoc in the streets.
    Let's see the infection & death charts rated by political affiliations....Oiy

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Greg White View Post
    So false lathe hand please dispute with facts, not ur usual “ put downs” you appear to be A ass iin epic Perportions, and termites 5 grade playground comebacks are wat comes from you, I will freely admit, termites claims of his ansester s inventing air ( barefoot) are getting boring as hell, such a bragger I have not met.
    Then scoot, he comes in and licks it all into a straight lie, I mean line. The bullshit is fowling the forum, piopus conceit,
    Your use of the word we is very misleading as well, oh here ya go lie bor all, Ha Ha , Ha Ha, stupid Fucs.
    Oh I seen a lathe once, duh ��
    Gw
    Do you find my use of these words misleading-Greg you are a real arse hole. If you can not put up with Thermite after all this time you must be weak.

Regarding lathes I do like them. I am never limited by one type of machine. For youngsters like you my main focus was to try and keep them from killing themselves or someone else. A machine shop is a scary place especially for pencil pushers like you. Just pitch a hissy fit that makes you the expert.

Screw you greggy.

16. Likes tim9lives liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dualkit View Post
    uhh, yeah.

That is why the cases are spiking where the 'party of stupid' are in charge

Texas
    Florida
    Arizona
    Georgia
    Alabama

etc

not in Minnesota
    not in NY

18. Likes SIP6A liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gustafson View Post
    uhh, yeah.

That is why the cases are spiking where the 'party of stupid' are in charge

Texas
    Florida
    Arizona
    Georgia
    Alabama

etc

not in Minnesota
    not in NY
    Yet you leave out California.

Country
    CAYMAN ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The worst is yet to come, hes telling us straight out.
    https://twitter.com/QuickTake/status...88140958961672

First 10mins.

Country
    CAYMAN ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

And on a lighter note, an alternative to wearing a mask.

22. Likes 72bwhite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Shawnrs View Post
    Yet you leave out California.
    they are not growing at the rate that other states are

https://covidactnow.org/us/ca?s=58173
    https://covidactnow.org/us/fl?s=58173

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gustafson View Post
    they are not growing at the rate that other states are

https://covidactnow.org/us/ca?s=58173
    https://covidactnow.org/us/fl?s=58173

From MSN

‘Our Luck May Have Run Out’: California’s Case Count Explodes

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

One could say Dont pet rattle snakes because they may bite..

And then others might write pages and pages about all the nice things about rattle snakes with leaving the bite part and then some people would go about trying to pet them..often that is how fake news works..

‘Our Luck May Have Run Out’: California’s Case Count Explodes.
    Likely not the beach but the condiment bottles. touching counters, pushing open the trash containers. The bath room doors, putting fingers in the mouth or nose, standing in line nose to nose, ...perhaps the water ,a mouth full or up a nose.

*Opening should not mean back normal and to forget that it is out there, and we still need be careful.
    Opening means carefully go back to work..or we all might starve to death for no food.

26. Likes Trueturning, 72bwhite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by janvanruth View Post
    i wonder how a face mask does lower the oxygen content of the air?
    i have trouble imagining that anyone can take that moron seriously.
    I too was very, very concerned about oxygen levels and masks. You can pick up a little finger oxygen/pulse electronic tester on Amazon for about 45.00-60.00
    They are supposed to be pretty accurate.
    Anyway, since it’s supposed to be one of the major warning signs of when CV19 gets into the lungs... I purchased one of the silly things. They work pretty good and every time I test myself I’m at a level of between 94% -98%.

So...to the point of this long rant about masks and oxygen levels. My plan was to take the tester to the grocery store....and once I am finished shopping and have loaded groceries into car...I’d check my oxygen level before I remove the mask. And mind you...the mask I was using when I did this test was a 3M welding fume N95 mask. Not the style with cartridges, but it did have a charcoal layered panel on the inside to filter welding fumes. It also had the exhaust valve. But this mask was hard as hell to breathe out of.
    I finally got some blue surgical masks and that’s what I now use because they are so much easier to breathe from.

So....after 3 times going to the grocery and each time kicking myself as soon as I get to the grocery because once again, I forgot to bring that silly little optical oxygen level tester. I decided to just leave the mask on after grocery shopping and drive home with the mask and then test myself when I get home.

I have to tell you, this was a bitch because this 3M N95 mask was a bitch to breathe from. I mean it’s hard to use.

Bottom line.... when I got home.... I run inside and test myself. My oxygen level was 98 and my pulse was 80.

That’s the interesting thing. My pulse rate was high...and I’m guessing that the human body adjusted its biological responses.....pumping more blood to compensate for the breathing.

FWIW, I was actually dizzy after this exercise. I still haven’t figured out everything because I wondering why I was dizzy since I actually had a high oxygen level. Anyway I was absolutely expecting a very low oxygen level.
    Zacurate Pro Series Deluxe Fingertip Pulse Oximeter Blood Oxygen Saturation Monitor with Silicon Cover, Batteries and Lanyard (Coal Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YX5C4LB..._Io1-EbFBG6DFH

28. Likes dalmatiangirl61 liked this post