OT - opening up as best we can. AKA - is it still just the seasonal flu? - Page 148
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 148 of 159 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,960 of 3161
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trueturning View Post
    There you go less than two hundred words. That feels better doesn’t it?
    Like it just a bit better with a QED at the end.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dalmatiangirl61 View Post
    I'm at 6000 ft elevation, frequently wear a P100 respirator while working on a large paint removal project, sometimes up to 4 hour stretches wearing respirator. According to some of this bs being propagated I should be dead. Amazing how many people in this country have respiratory problems.
    especially when you ask ok what is that problem.
    the legit person will say what actual condition they have.
    I have a breathing problem equals "I don't want to wear a mask I'm a selfish wanker"
    because doctor tell you what condition you have if you actually have one.

3. Likes dalmatiangirl61 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trueturning View Post
    He is the president I am not in need of a political savior.

You do much the same thing you are a aginner about and follow the same pattern. Your concept of what ever you think the world should be which you have really just complained about the president in many different ways searching for your truth yet you never find it.

I told you before I do not like your core failures. When you degrade American Veterans on this site, and the American Military of your own country

I find that wrong.

You have a real axe to grind with religion which reveals that is your primary malfunction politics came after you attempted to fill a hole left from having a problem with your childhood (?) religion.

You are all for freedom of speech yet you can’t take the heat from it and you feel that you should never be called out well on your multiple page dissertations.

You and EG are a good study on bloviation.

BTW I do not care that you are not even a Machinist yet you are a machinist driver. Drive their jobs all the way to China.

Play your little crybaby game about what posts are on here? Bigmouths like you are a dime a dozen and anyone trying to keep up with your wavering outlook on reality would need a committee of seven even to keep up with.

Fine then get a expert. Better yet find a real expert to tell you how to find one.

I hold my own on the shop floor.
    I personally do not find fault when someone says they do not want to criticize this president simply because.. They Respect the Office. I too was that way until Donald Trump showed up. Even though I was dead set against the War in Iraq.... I tried my best to hold back criticism of George Bush. It wasn't because I fully respected him....but more-so because I respected the Office of the President. In the end, I'm glad I wasn't overly critical of GWB. I truly feel he's a real decent guy. Same way I feel Obama is a real decent guy. Sure, they are opposite ends of the spectrum but at their core, they are both decent guys and are patriotic although their views of patriotism are at opposite ends of the spectrum.

FWIW...GWB finally realized Dr Evil was running a shadow government from the post of Vice President...and he was pissed the last six months of his Presidency.

I think way, way, way too many people forget that we are all the result of our upbringings. Of course Obama and Bush are totally different. One was born with a silver spoon and the other was mixed racial. and don't kid yourself....neither life is without challenges. Life just isn't easy.

I am a student of psychology. And I tell you, I could psychoanalyze half of the guys posting on this message board. I don't fault some of you even though I don't agree politically with you. But I can tell some of you are absolute brethren of Bone-Spurs. And Im not saying I would have done anything different if my number was about to get chosen in that miserable lottery of a Vietnam War. Yet, I'll say it again....so many loud mouth political commentators on both sides of social media today are left over rejects of Vietnam. They stand in front of their houses with their AR15....acting all tough with their huge beer guts....acting all patriotic....Yet each and every one of these guys got their Vietnam War deferments.

I know a lot of Vietnam Veterans. And all Veterans for that matter. I respect the hell out of them. And I respect their desire of not disrespecting the Office of the President. God, Honor Country. Its engrained in their DNA. I get that.

Anyway.....Its wrong to get so personal on these message boards. I just can't wait for the day when Facebook and every other website no longer is anonymous. All of these jackasses who get their courage from a bottle will fade into obscurity. Like I say....Its pretty easy to analyze so many on these boards. Some of you just are angry old bastards. Sure.....you had a hard life and you succeeded in the American Dream, Good for you, you got lucky . And yes...I say you got lucky. Because its just like when your on the battlefield in a war. Its the grace of God that the bullet didn't hit your heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Some folks are expecting an ammo scarcity like never before if this flu craziness doesn't get over soon.

Fear of the invisible is a dangerous thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by PeteM View Post
    Seems the whole world is in on it - reasonable way of animating the data: Global Deaths Due to Various Causes and COVID-19 | Flourish

Takes a few seconds. CoViD hard to notice until, say, April.
    Interesting animation of the data. If it's true and things are growing, then I guess it won't be long before we all will see it first-hand.

What's obvious to me is there is a revolution underfoot and under the circumstances I don't think much can be taken at face value. After this many months for a disease that has gotten this much attention, it seems strange that no group has published the slam-dunk disease replication from isolated virus yet that would close the loop so far as Koch's postulates are concerned.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Straightedge View Post
    Interesting animation of the data. If it's true and things are growing, then I guess it won't be long before we all will see it first-hand.

What's obvious to me is there is a revolution underfoot and under the circumstances I don't think much can be taken at face value. After this many months for a disease that has gotten this much attention, it seems strange that no group has published the slam-dunk disease replication from isolated virus yet that would close the loop so far as Koch's postulates are concerned.

Doesn't seem that strange to me.

There would be an outcry if human subjects were deliberately infected. Far as I know last time anyone boasted about that kind of experiment might have been Nazi doctors. Even decades ago when (if memory serves) the Army tried testing hallucinogenic drugs on human subjects, they weren't really eager to talk about it. Instead. there's been a search on for a suitable animal "model" to serve in our place. Not super easy - needs our configuration of ACE receptors and so on.

News on that search started months ago. At least one source thinks they have a primate species that's a pretty good model and have in fact replicated serious CoViD: The Search for a Covid-19 Research Animal Model | WIRED

And this: Nature Magazine 303 See Other

Given the usual hue and cry about animal experiments, might well be plenty of other labs quietly working away with primates (costs big $$$ though) -- and just not calling up the local news station to let everyone know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'd also point out that suicide, malaria, malnutrition, and homicide start out at the top of that animated list of causes of death.

Haven't personally known someone who committed suicide in decades, never known anyone who died of malaria or malnutrition (wrong zip code), and don't recall anyone I personally know dying of homicide. You might not either. Doesn't mean those things don't happen.

9. Likes 72bwhite, Screwmachine liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by tim9lives View Post
    I personally do not find fault when someone says they do not want to criticize this president simply because.. They Respect the Office. I too was that way until Donald Trump showed up. Even though I was dead set against the War in Iraq.... I tried my best to hold back criticism of George Bush. It wasn't because I fully respected him....but more-so because I respected the Office of the President. In the end, I'm glad I wasn't overly critical of GWB. I truly feel he's a real decent guy. Same way I feel Obama is a real decent guy. Sure, they are opposite ends of the spectrum but at their core, they are both decent guys and are patriotic although their views of patriotism are at opposite ends of the spectrum.

FWIW...GWB finally realized Dr Evil was running a shadow government from the post of Vice President...and he was pissed the last six months of his Presidency.

I think way, way, way too many people forget that we are all the result of our upbringings. Of course Obama and Bush are totally different. One was born with a silver spoon and the other was mixed racial. and don't kid yourself....neither life is without challenges. Life just isn't easy.

I am a student of psychology. And I tell you, I could psychoanalyze half of the guys posting on this message board. I don't fault some of you even though I don't agree politically with you. But I can tell some of you are absolute brethren of Bone-Spurs. And Im not saying I would have done anything different if my number was about to get chosen in that miserable lottery of a Vietnam War. Yet, I'll say it again....so many loud mouth political commentators on both sides of social media today are left over rejects of Vietnam. They stand in front of their houses with their AR15....acting all tough with their huge beer guts....acting all patriotic....Yet each and every one of these guys got their Vietnam War deferments.

I know a lot of Vietnam Veterans. And all Veterans for that matter. I respect the hell out of them. And I respect their desire of not disrespecting the Office of the President. God, Honor Country. Its engrained in their DNA. I get that.

Anyway.....Its wrong to get so personal on these message boards. I just can't wait for the day when Facebook and every other website no longer is anonymous. All of these jackasses who get their courage from a bottle will fade into obscurity. Like I say....Its pretty easy to analyze so many on these boards. Some of you just are angry old bastards. Sure.....you had a hard life and you succeeded in the American Dream, Good for you, you got lucky . And yes...I say you got lucky. Because its just like when your on the battlefield in a war. Its the grace of God that the bullet didn't hit your heart.
    The thing with their always degrading the Military which includes veterans in general just offends me Tim and for good reason. If you haven’t seen this display just wait it will happen again and it will be a swarm.

They do it time and time again with certain ones consistently doing so. One guy even posted pictures of actual lynchings here.

This is only to feed the race divide here. Disruption is their goal and if they cared anything about the issue they would go about it differently than acting like a Mob leader.

I don’t get the mindset of them I did not come to their conclusions in any way about things. Tearing down your own country for entertainment is simply wrong.

You are much different because you recognize how this can become. Sure it is worse than before COVID started as everyone is pretty isolated even in public. The old are especially so and they are told by some that the herd needs thinning and so on. Well they have already impacted the herd so unless you want their property , money, or food it makes no difference except to a looter or a Mob.

11. Likes tim9lives liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'd also point out that suicide, malaria, malnutrition, and homicide start out at the top of that animated list of causes of death.

Haven't personally known someone who committed suicide in decades, never known anyone who died of malaria or malnutrition (wrong zip code), and don't recall anyone I personally know dying of homicide. You might not either. Doesn't mean those things don't happen.
    Pete

Who in your immediate circle. Those you have spoken with, maybe had dinner with. Have DIED of this epidemic?

Anyone who might not have passed for other reasons? You know the "With vs Of " thing.

No one is in that group for me. Without media, and left to normal interactions, I would never KNOW SARS CoV-2 was present.

Suicides on the other hand... I've barely fingers enough....

13. Likes Straightedge liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Doesn't seem that strange to me.

There would be an outcry if human subjects were deliberately infected. Far as I know last time anyone boasted about that kind of experiment might have been Nazi doctors. Even decades ago when (if memory serves) the Army tried testing hallucinogenic drugs on human subjects, they weren't really eager to talk about it. Instead. there's been a search on for a suitable animal "model" to serve in our place. Not super easy - needs our configuration of ACE receptors and so on.

News on that search started months ago. At least one source thinks they have a primate species that's a pretty good model and have in fact replicated serious CoViD: The Search for a Covid-19 Research Animal Model | WIRED

And this: Nature Magazine 303 See Other

Given the usual hue and cry about animal experiments, might well be plenty of other labs quietly working away with primates (costs big $$$ though) -- and just not calling up the local news station to let everyone know.
    If they can't demonstrate cause and effect, until they do, all we have is correlation and the possibility that something else is driving this. Colds cause cold symptoms, flus cause flu symptoms, chicken pox cause chicken pox symptioms, but covid causes something ranging from nothing to severe pneumonia, sometimes with bonus brain, liver and heart damage? It could as easily be poisoning as anything. Not saying it is, but it doesn't make that much sense that they can shut down the world if they haven't proven a cause-and-effect relationship.

Then, as usual, you're moving the goalposts and changing definitions. I said I don't know a single person who has gotten sick with Covid after all these months. Not dead. If you believe the story that 98% of people recover from Covid, then we should have about 50x more recoveries than deaths. This was sold as the most contagious, dangerous disease...and still I don't see even a hint of its existence when I socially distance from all the media reporting. It doesn't add up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We are getting there! WaHoo!38b4b90b29626725.jpg

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I said I don't know a single person who has gotten sick with Covid after all these months. Not dead. If you believe the story that 98% of people recover from Covid, then we should have about 50x more recoveries than deaths. This was sold as the most contagious, dangerous disease...and still I don't see even a hint of its existence when I socially distance from all the media reporting. It doesn't add up.
    I've no idea what you read or where you get your information from but I doubt that countries shut down for fun. Some countries control the virus (as best they can) more than others. The countries having least success in limiting corona cases are those that didn't take the threat seriously from the start.

Coronavirus Update (Live): 10,591,079 Cases and 514,021 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Pandemic - Worldometer

Coronavirus world map: which countries have the most Covid-19 cases and deaths? | World news | The Guardian

17. Likes 72bwhite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

but it's a global conspiracy don't you know anything.
    all the public health people around the world are in on it.

19. Likes Gordon B. Clarke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CalG View Post
    Pete

Who in your immediate circle. Those you have spoken with, maybe had dinner with. Have DIED of this epidemic?

Anyone who might not have passed for other reasons? You know the "With vs Of " thing.

No one is in that group for me. Without media, and left to normal interactions, I would never KNOW SARS CoV-2 was present.

Suicides on the other hand... I've barely fingers enough....
    that tells quite a lot about the company you keep..

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If they can't demonstrate cause and effect, until they do, all we have is correlation and the possibility that something else is driving this. Colds cause cold symptoms, flus cause flu symptoms, chicken pox cause chicken pox symptioms, but covid causes something ranging from nothing to severe pneumonia, sometimes with bonus brain, liver and heart damage? It could as easily be poisoning as anything. Not saying it is, but it doesn't make that much sense that they can shut down the world if they haven't proven a cause-and-effect relationship.

Then, as usual, you're moving the goalposts and changing definitions. I said I don't know a single person who has gotten sick with Covid after all these months. Not dead. If you believe the story that 98% of people recover from Covid, then we should have about 50x more recoveries than deaths. This was sold as the most contagious, dangerous disease...and still I don't see even a hint of its existence when I socially distance from all the media reporting. It doesn't add up.
    thousands and thousands of doctors and scientists all over the world are saying covid19 is real but you do not see it so it isn't real?
    where did you find the holy grail?

22. Likes tim9lives, camscan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If they can't demonstrate cause and effect, until they do, all we have is correlation and the possibility that something else is driving this. . ..
    Did you read the article? The group DID demonstrate cause and effect. Just not with humans and wanting lots more seriously sick or dead monkeys.

As for not personally knowing anyone seriously sick, do the numbers. Average person is in somewhat frequent contact with around 150 other people (Dunbar's number). Confirmed infection rate in my county (past & present) is about 1 in 700 (and now rising). Maybe it's 1 in 300 in Palo Alto?? Even within your group of friends and colleagues you probably don't have 150 people ringing you up every week to let you know if they got CoViD or not. As with testing, reporting, deaths -- there's a lag. It could be weeks or months before your learn that Joe passed and they think it was CoViD. It's the rise in cases and the fraction of deaths along the way -- perhaps all the way to herd immunity - that has people worried.

Months ago I scheduled a routine scan to get it over with before the place got busy. At that point, a physician I knew said (reluctantly - they did not want to let on the place might have infections) that they had three cases currently in the hospital. I don't think he was part of some New World Order conspiracy spewing disinformation . . . Hell of an acting job, if so.

My wife and I know other physicians -- in one case as a neighbor and friend known for years -- who know first hand of other patients.

Our neighborhood of about 35 homes had one unexpected death a few days ago - accompanied by a shortness of breath, followed by a clot. Might be weeks, months, or never if his grieving widow tells me, "yes" or "no" -- the coroner didn't think it had anything to do with CoViD."

FWIW, psychologists suggest that ardent believers in conspiracy theories tend to be socially isolated. If so, could make it even harder to personally know someone with CoViD?

The logistical challenges of pulling off other conspiracies pale in comparison to what would be required to get scores of countries, states, countries, and millions of health workers, ten million cases, and 500,000 deaths on the docket. And, once again, we're lacking a plausible motive for 10 million people to fake their symptoms or tests -- and each of the thousands of stories of death, near death, etc. to be faked complete with footage of grieving family. There's some slight chance the origin of this wasn't entirely an accident. There's a vanishlngly small chance that the sick and dying people -- and the medical professionals treating them -- and the hundreds of research facilities tracking this -- all all underpaid extras in a great virus hoax.

I suppose, though, like the supposedly faked moon landing or 9-11 being a George Bush inside job -- we'll be hearing this for decades to come?

24. Likes dalmatiangirl61 liked this post
    Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 72bwhite View Post
    but it's a global conspiracy don't you know anything.
    all the public health people around the world are in on it.
    I guess if I was a DiaperDon follower I'd know that the news, no matter which country it comes from and I didn't like it, must be fake news.

26. Likes 72bwhite, Greg White liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

LA county estimated current infection rate of around 1 in 140.
    and that includes the lower income neighborhoods with higher then average rates
    of infection.
    I haven't known any one who has committed suicide,
    do know a few from cancer, heart disease, stroke,infections, and
    vehicle accidents.
    and in venture county the covid19 numbers are lower than LA
    statistically I have a low probability of knowing any one infected.
    given that the people I know aren't out doing stupid stuff, probably won't either.

28. Likes Gordon B. Clarke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Funny how they're already pushing for the next new swine flu pandemic...

It'll be interesting to see how quickly this fear campaign gets pushed out of the media after November 4th.

Meanwhile millions will starve to death thanks to this insanity, and that's not including the next wave of communism.

30. Likes digger doug liked this post
    Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 72bwhite View Post
    LA county estimated current infection rate of around 1 in 140.
    and that includes the lower income neighborhoods with higher then average rates
    of infection.
    I haven't known any one who has committed suicide,
    do know a few from cancer, heart disease, stroke,infections, and
    vehicle accidents.
    and in venture county the covid19 numbers are lower than LA
    statistically I have a low probability of knowing any one infected.
    given that the people I know aren't out doing stupid stuff, probably won't either.
    I'm at an age when some of those I know die from cancer and other similar life shortening causes. Like you I don't know anyone that has even had covid 19 but, like the vast majority here, I believe I act sensibly and keep my distance with thought. Shops and stores here are all marked with "distance markings" and as good as always regarded with respect and a friendly smile.

We're slowly opening our borders again but not as fast as some in the EU would want. Our politicians acted sensibly and in unison from the very beginning. Probably hard for some to believe the 10 political parties in our parliament (from left to right) could cooperate and put the population and country first.

covid 19 denmark - Google Search

32. Likes Greg White liked this post