OT - opening up as best we can. AKA - is it still just the seasonal flu? - Page 287
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 287 of 382 FirstFirst ... 187237277285286287288289297337 ... LastLast
Results 5,721 to 5,740 of 7627
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

And when a good vaccine is developed and approved etc etc etc, .........we'll have the row about the rights and wrongs of vaccination.

2. Likes camscan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Shawnrs View Post
    Imagine trying to police that neighborhood.
    What you and the other "furriners" can't seem to understand is that there are tens of thousands of neighborhoods in the USA and most of them are pretty decent places to live.

But they don't make the news.

Boring and safe won't hold viewers' attention so the old media axiom which still applies is "If it bleeds it leads".

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Limy Sami View Post
    And when a good vaccine is developed and approved etc etc etc, .........we'll have the row about the rights and wrongs of vaccination.
    When that happens feel free to go get it. Many of the rest of us will wait until we see how the first human Guinea Pigs fare, or we may just decide it's yet another unnecessary vaccine and skip it.

Never been a successful coronavirus vaccine. I wouldn't hold my breath.

5. Likes Demon73, barbter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

All you damned idiots who think that it’s all a scam....virus is bogus. I say you should visit any funeral home in a city of 200,000 or more.

Country
    NETHERLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by tim9lives View Post
    All you damned idiots who think that it’s all a scam....virus is bogus. I say you should visit any funeral home in a city of 200,000 or more.
    what you will mainly see are the old and sickly that did die, like you will always see in a funeral home.

you know what the average number of daily deaths with/from covid19 is over the last seven days in sweden?
    you know, sweden where most schools stayed open, most businesses stayed open and people are not wearing masks.
    it is five a day.
    normal death rate year round is about 250 a day.
    at the moment the death rate is below the five year average for the period.

WHY?

Country
    NETHERLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

and rightly so!

9. Likes barbter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by janvanruth View Post
    If you are smart enough to know what "airborne transmission" means you stay away from people in closed spaces. Especially of those people wearing masks that do do little to prevent the airborne part.
    Wearing a mask gives a false sense of being safe, while it in fact does encourage dangerous behaviour.
    Sitting at home 24/7 pounding out posts on PM how "I ain't going to wear a mask" is clearly safer, some of you are living proof of that! But that is not living, I still need food, supplies from the hardware store, and shipping out parts to keep the world running, no dilly dallying in store, get in, get out, avoid the brain dead zombies with no mask. Bought 6 quarts of hand sanitizer from NAPA in may, 3 squirts into my hand anytime I get back in truck, still working on first quart. The only prepared food I've eaten in months was fried chicken, fresh out of boiling oil seemed safe enough to try

Demon
    Lets see how much of your vape cloud makes it thru a P100 cartridge, not thru the exhaust port, thru the filter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Straightedge View Post

You mask wearers should be embarrassed for being so gullible. Trusting the same assholes in the media who lie constantly instead of thinking things through for yourselves is intellectual faggotry. Spit particles are real, but the fear surrounding the Rona is manufactured and fake as fuck.
    Not embarrassed and I'm not seeing myself so cute that wearing a mask diminishes me. Maybe makes me look better....
    Did paint my first car without a mask. Walked into the house when done, felt a bit funny and then fell flat on my face.
    Did not feel a thing but the nose and forehead was bleeding, this my first "buzz". This only lacquer but got me thinking why not.
    I just can not wrap my head around no mask. Are you one of the beautiful people and need to show it?
    What is the bad to wearing a mask? Answers seem to be I do not want to be a sheep or rebel without a cause.
    If there were better protection masks and face coverings would you wear one? Demon has shown some of these.
    This is not a huge ask, yes a pain in the ass sometimes but a small thing to do and shows a consideration for others if nothing else.
    Do you pull the chair out for a lady or hold open doors for others?
    Bob

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As far as I can read it's the US right wing PM members who seem to think covid 19 isn't really dangerous or a hoax.

It does make it credible why the same folk believe the lies Trump continues to spout.

Trump Is Lying More Than Ever: Just Look At The Data

Trump has certainly made Amerca great again. The country with the most covid cases. I'll bet other countries don't want to beat the USA in that "competition".

WHO Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Dashboard | WHO Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Dashboard

13. Likes tim9lives liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    As far as I can read it's the US right wing PM members who seem to think covid 19 isn't really dangerous or a hoax.
    Easy to point to Trump or right wing but than not really the real deal on the ground here. You are simplifying things to fit in your box.\
    Plenty on the left who question just what is going on and the way out.
    Bo

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Will there have to be separate Republican & Democrat vaccines?

Country
    NETHERLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dalmatiangirl61 View Post
    Sitting at home 24/7 pounding out posts on PM how "I ain't going to wear a mask" is clearly safer, some of you are living proof of that! But that is not living, I still need food, supplies from the hardware store, and shipping out parts to keep the world running, no dilly dallying in store, get in, get out, avoid the brain dead zombies with no mask. Bought 6 quarts of hand sanitizer from NAPA in may, 3 squirts into my hand anytime I get back in truck, still working on first quart. The only prepared food I've eaten in months was fried chicken, fresh out of boiling oil seemed safe enough to try

Demon
    Lets see how much of your vape cloud makes it thru a P100 cartridge, not thru the exhaust port, thru the filter.
    maybe you better avoid all brain dead zombies, the ones without the masks but especially the ones with the masks.i wonder if you are actually wearing that mask with the P100 cartridge.

Country
    NETHERLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

best would be three vaccines.
    a dubious red one for the republicans, a dubious blue one for the democrats and the colourless one, that actually does work, for the rest.
    i bet that would bring a speedy end to the party political bullshit.

Country
    NETHERLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CarbideBob View Post
    What is the bad to wearing a mask?
    Bob
    if you are walking on a sloping roof you are very careful in what you do.
    if you are secured with a line not so much because you are feeling safer.
    now imagine the end of the line not being tied to anything without you knowing.
    masks give a sense of security without providing any.

19. Likes barbter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

best would be three vaccines.
    a dubious red one for the republicans, a dubious blue one for the democrats and the colourless one, that actually does work, for the rest.
    i bet that would bring a speedy end to the party political bullshit.
    Like your thinking, ............think we'd best have 3 separate doctors to administer them as well.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Like your thinking, ............think we'd best have 3 separate doctors to administer them as well.
    And three different news stations telling three different facts about the doctors and the vaccines.
    and a forth saying best to flip a coin.

22. Likes Trueturning, Limy Sami liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

i wonder if you are actually wearing that mask with the P100 cartridge.
    Why would I lie about that? 3rd pic is from 2011, see, I'm a fashion trendsettermask-4.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mask-1.jpg   mask-2.jpg  

24. Likes CarbideBob, Limy Sami, Demon73 liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post
    What you and the other "furriners" can't seem to understand is that there are tens of thousands of neighborhoods in the USA and most of them are pretty decent places to live.

But they don't make the news.

Boring and safe won't hold viewers' attention so the old media axiom which still applies is "If it bleeds it leads".

I am from rockford and when growing up it was a good city to live in and it seemed pretty safe. Fast forward 30 years later and I won’t really set foot in most of the city any more for the reason crime is high and there are too many shootings. the good neighborhoods are leaving along with manufacturing and businesses. Walmart moved in rockford about 30 years ago and pretty much killed off a lot of good small businesses. There is a Walmart that was build near my old house about 20 years ago and it wiped out 3 grocery stores, a strip mall a couple kmarts etc. my old area was a good neighborhood and now it looks like a run down area. The Walmart that is built in that area is a shit hole now. It is really sad seeing this are look like a dump but this is what happens with the hood rats and trailer park trash move into the area.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by tim9lives View Post
    I don’t think it is a scam but how do you expect people to take this disease so serious when you have people protesting 24/7 or professional sports starting up with several players testing positive?
    our idiot politicians on both sides can’t seem to agree on anything, they are doing to little to up hold the law, they seem more fascinated with BLM movement.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes Republicans have beautiful nurses giving the shots whereas the Democrats - will does anyone even really know for sure?