OT - opening up as best we can. AKA - is it still just the seasonal flu? - Page 372
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 372 of 381 FirstFirst ... 272322362370371372373374 ... LastLast
Results 7,421 to 7,440 of 7616
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Heard on the radio last week that about 20% of pro basketball players are registered to vote. Colin Kapranick of pro sports protest fame never registered to vote and never made a public service announcement that to effect change you should register and vote. I guess it is really true all they do is complain.
    There is a California proposition this year to allow convicted felons to vote after they get out.
    Bil lD

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderjet View Post
    You mean the kind of science that said that the current president was responsible for the wild fires?

THAT kind of science?

Maybe this kind of concern? First time (175 years) Scientific American has endorsed a candidate. They explain why:

Scientific American

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by PeteM View Post
    Maybe this kind of concern? First time (175 years) Scientific American has endorsed a candidate. They explain why:

Scientific American
    Isn't SA owned by some German concern? It's been a political mouthpiece for years.

Science? Bah! Some sort of sick club of crazies.

Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CalG View Post
    Isn't SA owned by some German concern? It's been a political mouthpiece for years.
    They should put you in the rubber room ... however, I do have Scientific American blocked. The last time I went there had to add fifteen or twenty rules to the filters, that site is so full of tracking and advertising shit that in the end, I gave up and blocked the entire thing.

I think it's too bad when reputable places do that crap

5. Likes tim9lives liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CalG View Post

Science? Bah! Some sort of sick club of crazies.

Wait, YOU are calling SI a political mouthoiece compared to the BS sources you use

true humor

7. Likes Greg White liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderjet View Post
    You mean the kind of science that said that the current president was responsible for the wild fires?

THAT kind of science?
    The current president is not responsible for anything, just ask him

Just the quality you want in a leader

shirking

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Maryland
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gustafson View Post
    The current president is not responsible for anything, just ask him

Just the quality you want in a leader

shirking
    He thinks that we are the herd, and we developed herd mentality...only his supporters have that disease. It is no longer a Trump cult it is a death cult now.

dee
    ;-D

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dcsipo View Post
    It is no longer a Trump cult it is a death cult now.
    dee
    ;-D
    Brain Death cult. And I take no joy at all in pointing it out. It's a tragedy of such overwhelming magnitude that it makes 9/11 look like a flea fart.

11. Likes dcsipo, dalmatiangirl61, Greg White liked this post
    Country
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    Brain Death cult. And I take no joy at all in pointing it out. It's a tragedy of such overwhelming magnitude that it makes 9/11 look like a flea fart.
    Trumptown ! Pass the Kool-Aid, please ?

Country
    BRAZIL
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

14. Likes barbter liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Heard on the radio last week that about 20% of pro basketball players are registered to vote. Colin Kapranick of pro sports protest fame never registered to vote and never made a public service announcement that to effect change you should register and vote. I guess it is really true all they do is complain.
    There is a California proposition this year to allow convicted felons to vote after they get out.
    Bil lD

until we clean house voting it really a waste of time since both sides are pieces of shit. They have their own agendas and they rarely agree on anything in a reasonable amount of time.

16. Likes Mcgyver liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    Really? Do you REALLY think you can dismiss this so casually? Like, oh gosh, I stubbed my toe, that's equal to lynchings and enslavery?

You can do better, at least I'd hope so.
    And just how and when did Jews get appointed as official spokespeople for blacks and other people of color? Sounds like Chutzpah to me as blacks have many intelligent and thoughtful people who are quite capable of thinking and speaking for themselves. Even worse, some seem to feel they have the right to riot in the name of blacks, in some cases even destroying black owned businesses.

The ugly privilege of rich white ‘protesters’

And then, further blowing holes in your nonsense theory is that many of today's white Americans, including myself, are descendants of people who came to the U.S. long AFTER slavery ended, and often even after lynchings ended.

18. Likes Mike1974 liked this post
    Country
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Shawnrs View Post
    until we clean house voting is really a waste of time since both sides are pieces of shit.
    Agreed. Got any suggestions ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    One of two things would work, either ask candidates questions hooked to lie detectors or require voters to pass a test to get a license to vote. Too often candidates make promises that are not going to happen and those can get votes from uneducated voters. On that account could people stop all the biased baloney. Pretty sure there is a close balance of low intelligence people voting for both candidates that are easily fooled. For every backwoods redneck who wants to marry his sister voting for Trump there is a 25 year old welfare mother with 5 kids by different fathers voting for Biden.

21. Likes Mike1974, dalmatiangirl61, Shawnrs liked this post
    Country
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dualkit View Post
    For every backwoods redneck who wants to marry his sister voting for Trump there is a 25 year old welfare mother with 5 kids by different fathers voting for Biden.
    It's worse than that .... Congress is supposed to make laws, not the president. Those people are worthless. We could live with a dork president if Congress was rational.

23. Likes CalG liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The earth has a population of 7.8 Billion, that means globally 0.0038% of people have tested positive. 0.00012% of the global population has died from Covid. Heart disease has already killed about 13 times as many in the same time frame. Who is spending trillions to battle that?

COVID-19 Map - Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center

All Top Global Causes of Death vs COVID | Flourish

25. Likes barbter, Scottl liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wyoming
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by quadzilla87 View Post
    Heart disease has already killed about 13 times as many in the same time frame. Who is spending trillions to battle that?
    Heart disease lacks an easily exploitable political component; you can't use it to disrupt the economy and put a bunch of pesky individualist entrepreneurs out of business.

27. Likes CalG, Demon73, barbter, Scottl, jmp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by quadzilla87 View Post
    The earth has a population of 7.8 Billion, that means globally 0.0038% of people have tested positive. 0.00012% of the global population has died from Covid. Heart disease has already killed about 13 times as many in the same time frame. Who is spending trillions to battle that?

COVID-19 Map - Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center

All Top Global Causes of Death vs COVID | Flourish
    well. uhh, gee, shall we actually bother to look at how many billions or trillions have bee spent actually battling heart disease

You do not catch heart disease, heart disease does not multiply exponentially[unless you count the McDonalds effect]

So you have to compare the death and long term disability toll to doing nothing.

No one did 'nothing' but Sweden did 'nothing' compared to their neighbors and ended up, so far, with 10 times the deaths of their neighbors, Finland and Norway

So we could have done nothing and ended up with 2 million dead, by the closest available analog that is not in your imagination

Do try to make some sense rather than compare a highly contagious disease to one related to heredity and diet.

Why no lookup the money spent in the last 20 years on heart disease instead of reading conspiracy websites?

29. Likes Asquith liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    I would start out with term limits and an age limit. Second I want background checks of all new and current politicians, for instance, tax returns, businesses you are involved, medical history along with criminal back ground checks and drug tests. As for income I want the people to vote for their pay increases and decreases and limit their benefits when they retire. Some of the benefits then get are unreal and unfair to the people they represent.

If all else fails I want to see the politicians rounded up and put into a area and let them kill each other.

31. Likes dcsipo liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Maryland
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Shawnrs View Post
    I would start out with term limits and an age limit. Second I want background checks of all new and current politicians, for instance, tax returns, businesses you are involved, medical history along with criminal back ground checks and drug tests. As for income I want the people to vote for their pay increases and decreases and limit their benefits when they retire. Some of the benefits then get are unreal and unfair to the people they represent.

If all else fails I want to see the politicians rounded up and put into a area and let them kill each other.
    Not sure if this utopia or dystopia, but I like it. If nothing else C-Span would be worth watching.

dee
    ;-D