OT - opening up as best we can. AKA - is it still just the seasonal flu? - Page 442
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 442 of 496 FirstFirst ... 342392432440441442443444452492 ... LastLast
Results 8,821 to 8,840 of 9910
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by PeteM View Post
    Around here, they're behind acrylic partitions, wear masks, and wipe down the conveyor belts and payment station. Shoppers with masks, distanced 6' while waiting to check out. Early on, some cashiers did die. Not so much these days, after these pretty simple precautions and improved treatments.
    Yup, those improved treatments is what's doing it. Since no one is getting the wuhan flu, the treatment for the illness is 100% effective. At least among the grocery staff at the two stores I go to. And that 6 foot spacing,,, nah, we "social distance", a cart is 6 feet long isn't it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dalmatiangirl61 View Post
    Link to the full speech below, for the attention span impaired 25 to 26 minute segment shows the full statement in its original context.LIVE Joe Biden Speech from Toledo, Ohio - YouTube
    Thanks for the real speech, the comment is near the end if anyone else wants to see it "live"
    Thing is he actually SAID he was RUNNING for senate, he RAN for VP and is RUNNING for president. Seems that at the end of the speech he was at the end of his ability to keep it together or the drugs were wearing down etc...
    Just another politician blowing hot air.

A 7 second clip, curious, does that represent your attention span?
    Why do you put in the personal dig? WTF

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Rob F. View Post
    Thanks for the real speech, the comment is near the end if anyone else wants to see it "live"
    Thing is he actually SAID he was RUNNING for senate, he RAN for VP and is RUNNING for president. Seems that at the end of the speech he was at the end of his ability to keep it together or the drugs were wearing down etc...
    Just another politician blowing hot air.
    Not coming to his defense, but is his senate seat up for election this cycle as well?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Green View Post
    Not coming to his defense, but is his senate seat up for election this cycle as well?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    I don't know, I don't even follow who is up for senate or governor etc here in my own state, I see no need to get to worked up about any of this until a few days before election day. Then as much info is out that can be so the most informed choice can be made.
    In a rant thread like this one sometimes someone just has to yell SQUIRREL! and see who goes after it. Otherwise I pretty much stay out...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Rob F. View Post
    Why do you put in the personal dig? WTF
    It was a 7 second clip, instead of looking into what the full statement was, you just posted it up here. The far right seems to think little sound bites are evidence, I disagree, you can take a minute clip of anyone speaking and twist it depending on where you start and end the clip.

Biden seems far more coherent than Trump, IMHO. Don't drink the mango colored kool-aid!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Fauci on planned Trump rallies: 'Now is even more so a worse time to do that'

Now Fauci is condemning Trump campaign rallies. Has he ever condemned any mass riot as a "super spreader" event? You have to love how everything these days in this country has a political bias to it.

7. Likes otrlt, S. Mant. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dualkit View Post
    Fauci on planned Trump rallies: 'Now is even more so a worse time to do that'

Now Fauci is condemning Trump campaign rallies. Has he ever condemned any mass riot as a "super spreader" event? . . ..
    Yes (though those weren't "mass riots" but protests with a mix of left and right wing idiots tagging along):

Dr. Fauci says crowded Black Lives Matter protests are ‘perfect setup’ for fresh wave of coronavirus to rip through US – The US Sun

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It was a 7 second clip, instead of looking into what the full statement was, you just posted it up here. The far right seems to think little sound bites are evidence, I disagree, you can take a minute clip of anyone speaking and twist it depending on where you start and end the clip.

Biden seems far more coherent than Trump, IMHO. Don't drink the mango colored kool-aid!
    I don't much care for any politicians or big government, not drinking either flavor of kool-aid
    Besides the clip I posted may have only been 7 seconds but it WAS what he said.

He did NOT say something like: "back in 1990 when I was running for senate" and the media clipped off the "back in 1990" part to change the meaning. I think we all know he meant to say when he ran...

No question orange has his share of "newsworthy" clips as well and I might just post one up , but pete is way ahead of me on that front

guest Guest

How about Ash Carter's swearing in ceremony, lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Beginning with post 8824 is evidence why popular vote and majority rule is NOT A GOOD SYSTEM.

Too many uneducated / single issue/ vote on emotion voters.

The electoral college is a better way.

Maybe it would be a good idea to bring up the full test for citizenship every four year voting cycle, Just to remind ourselves how significant this "being an American" really is.

Or the country of your elected residency, I can not speak for other systems...

I do see tyrants springing up everywhere, and not just overseas.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Maryland
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by guest View Post
    How about Ash Carter's swearing in ceremony, lol.
    LOL?
    I have a better cringeworthy video

remember this one? How does that grab ya?

dee
    ;-D

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

According to the CDC, 85% of coronavirus patients surveyed were infected despite wearing a mask "always" or "often," compared to just 3.9% of people infected while "never" wearing a mask.

Community and Close Contact Exposures Associated with COVID-19 Among Symptomatic Adults ≥18 Years in 11 Outpatient Health Care Facilities — United States, July 2020 | MMWR

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dcsipo View Post
    LOL?
    I have a better cringeworthy video

remember this one? How does that grab ya?

dee
    ;-D

If you find that offensive or not normal.... well, what can be said

Oh, But wait , now that you offer your sensitivity, I think I see where you are coming from...
    I've got an aging aunt named dee (actually Deedee). I bet she would be put off, aghast..
    Just before the sheepish grin....

Grow a pair!

Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CalG View Post
    According to the CDC, 85% of coronavirus patients surveyed were infected despite wearing a mask "always" or "often," compared to just 3.9% of people infected while "never" wearing a mask.
    Even if it were true (which I doubt, as most of your links are garbage), that's not the point, dumbshit.

The point, idiot, is to reduce the transmission rate to less than 1. This is a statistics problem.

Simple, but I guess not simple enough

16. Likes Greg White liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Meanwhile, there's a Lancet report of a 25 year old with no co-morbidities who got Covid with mild symptoms and then caught a second and more severe case a second time. Other studies had shown people getting at least some immunity -- apparently not always:

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...764-7/fulltext

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Community and Close Contact Exposures Associated with COVID-19 Among Symptomatic Adults ≥18 Years in 11 Outpatient Health Care Facilities — United States, July 2020 | MMWR

Needless to say, the CDC link actually urges distancing and wearing a mask and notes that such things as eating out (um, no mask) were particularly common among those who came down with Covid-19. Transmission within a household (no distancing, masks) was particularly common.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It's not even a matter of a brief clip, it's that the repug party has been shameless (well, that's a shock) with flat-out lying or massive deception with their ads. Not a surprise that their credulous base sucks it up.

Ask Dr. Fauci what he thinks of djt's ads...

20. Likes Greg White, dcsipo, dalmatiangirl61 liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    South Carolina
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'm going with whatever the grocery check out folks are doing.

I ask every time I pass through. Nope, No one getting the flu there!

Damn, How can that be?
    O.K. That means you have to wear a mask, stand behind a partition and sanitize your space often. Are you doing these things? Damn, that's how it can be.

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

?
    Why are coronaviruses seasonal?
    Why do they always appear over the winter months (colds and flu) and disappear through summer?
    Is this because the sun (UV) and vitamin D inside us kill the virus during the prevalent (summer) months?

guest Guest

Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    ?
    Why are coronaviruses seasonal?
    Why do they always appear over the winter months (colds and flu) and disappear through summer?
    Is this because the sun (UV) and vitamin D inside us kill the virus during the prevalent (summer) months?
    More UV, plus summer is warmer and dryer, and viruses don't remain viable as long in those conditions (relative to colder and wetter).

Also people spend a lot more time indoors in the cold months, and that's most of your transmissions.

Outdoors, where there is a lot of air movement and dissipation, you need a much longer exposure time to receive an infectious viral load.