OT - opening up as best we can. AKA - is it still just the seasonal flu? - Page 451
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 451 of 452 FirstFirst ... 351401441449450451452 LastLast
Results 9,001 to 9,020 of 9037
    Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Demon73 View Post
    Using a respirator in a situation it was designed for!?
    Well done
    You mean, like this ?

I guess hopsitals have been planning for this conspiracy for the past hundred years ? Smart guys !

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

EG

Obviously appropriately dressed for an evening at the theater...

Broadway?

Oh! NO! the theaters on Broadway are shut down....

Shall we go to the surgery theater instead? Quite entertaining. Though a bit gruesome as the flesh is flayed.

Two distinct theaters I would say... But, to each one's own.

Country
    BRAZIL
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CalG View Post
    The flu has been with mankind for "ever". Taking it's toll every season.
    Dont worry Cal, flu has been fixed this year.

4. Likes SND liked this post
    Country
    BRAZIL
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    You mean, like this ?

Yes EG, exactly like that! Surgical masks being employed for their designed use
    Obviously not an infectious case though or theyd be in FFP3 respirators as a minimum. Lets not forget the 20x per hour odd air exchange rate of that theatre.

Country
    BRAZIL
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Country
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes EG, exactly like that! Surgical masks being employed for their designed use
    Their "designed use" was first widely promoted in 1910 during a plague outbreak when the city of Haerbin followed Wu's idea to mask up the populace as well as the doctors, nurses, and everyone down to the grave diggers.

Dr. Wu Lien Teh, plague fighter and father of the Chinese public health system

"In the fall of 1910, the deadly epidemic broke out in the northeastern region of China. The first fatality was reported in the border town of Manchouli, and the epidemic quickly spread to Harbin. Within 4 months, it had claimed over 60,000 lives.

After his arrival at Harbin, Dr. Wu performed the first-ever postmortem exam in China on a Japanese woman who had died from the epidemic. He discovered Yersinia Pestis in the body tissues and further concluded that the epidemic was pneumonic plague, which could be transmitted by human breath or sputum. This was contrary to the general idea that plague could only be transmitted by rats or fleas and could not be transmitted from person to person. His idea surprised all of his scientific peers and was met with widespread disbelief.

Dr. Mesny, a prominent French doctor, was one of those who doubted Dr. Wu’s views. Dr. Mesny himself died of pneumonic plague several days later, after refusing to wear gauze and a mask and succumbing to the epidemic infection. His death shocked the international community."

A Brief History of Medical Face Masks

"It’s because of Wu that face masks became so important during the 1918 Spanish flu epidemic. Police forces, medical workers, and even residents in some U.S. cities were all required to wear face masks."

There is 100 years of history concerning face masks in epidemics. That's what they were designed for.

I once had a red doberman. She was dumb as a box of hammers, but at least looked good and had a sweet personality.

Country
    BRAZIL
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I once had a red doberman. She was dumb as a box of hammers, but at least looked good and had a sweet personality.
    Well they do say dogs take after their owners mate. Have a nice day

Country
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well they do say dogs take after their owners mate. Have a nice day
    They also say opposites attract, which probably applies more to this case

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Limy Sami View Post
    And Russian creditors.
    Yeah, the kind of folks that don't necessarily go to court to get their money back.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Dont worry Cal, flu has been fixed this year.
    It probably has. Every year, the flu season in the US is seeded by travelers from the southern hemisphere.

Severely restricted travel should translate into a very mild flu season this year.

Country
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jancollc View Post
    Severely restricted travel should translate into a very mild flu season this year.
    Sometimes you have to wonder what's in public people's heads. That whole thing with "Oh noes ! pretty soon we'll be having the flu, too !" was silly. If people take even half the measures they should for covid, that's {obviously] going to kick the shit out of the flu as well.

And then they were all freaked about Africa, without bothering to remember that the average age of an African is 19 years old.

Sometimes those guys are their own worst enemies.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by john.k View Post
    "Lose to the worst candidate ever?".....Well,no .....second worst ,Trump will be worst if he loses to Biden.
    If Trump loses to Biden, it won't because Trump is a bad candidate or Biden is a good one.

It will be because Biden picked the perfect running mate.

I'm not referring to Kamala Harris, I'm talking about his real running mate (Covid-19).

Country
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'm talking about his real running mate (Covid-19).
    Hey, if the fucking idiot couldn't handle a problem, then he doesn't deserve the job. He screwed that up so bad it'd be a disgrace if he were re-elected. It's like the floor-sweeper kid who can't handle a broom. Total fail.

Even Gerald Ford would have done a better job.

Come to think of it, Jimmy Carter would have done a better job ... while drinking a Billy Beer !

Hard to believe y'all fucked this up so bad.

15. Likes SIP6A liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

...Hard to believe y'all fucked this up so bad.
    Lol. If I unleashed a virus that killed a million people I'd want to blame them too!

I was going to mention to you earlier- the Internet can be used for more than just CCP propaganda.

Penis enlargers can also be discreetly purchased online.

https://www.amazon.com/BOMBEX-Enlarg.../dp/B07LB1V96J

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CalG View Post
    Biden would be the worst if one were considering a two days worn sock.

47 years of empty headed presence. punctuated by racism and arrogance.

It is a shame how "they" manipulate an aged person. a real shame. He can't even say "Hello" until it appears on the prompter.

an empty worn out sock.

A tragedy for this era in AMERICAN history. A two party system reduced to "handlers and rinos". In a way, I'm glad to have lived during the real glory years.
    Come on, you don't think Biden's advice saying cops should shot people in the leg is revolutionary and extremely "progressive?" No way would a puppet come up with such an ingenious idea. You have to admit he is damn good at telling the uneducated masses what they want to hear. Nothing annoys the crap out of me more than the gun control crowd that knows nothing about guns and ballistics.

As far as glory years, JFK would have probably polled in single digits if he ran in the 2020 Democratic primary. The way the left thinks about so many people being helpless that "What can you do for your country" line would have went over like cutting a loud fart in church, and then laughing about it.

18. Likes Oldwrench liked this post
    Country
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Penis enlargers can also be discreetly purchased online.
    You've been shopping again, I see ?

20. Likes Greg White liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Some masks could be pleasurable to wear, I think I'm getting hungry
    Breathable Bacon - YouTube

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If Trump loses to Biden, it won't because Trump is a bad candidate or Biden is a good one.

It will be because Biden picked the perfect running mate.

I'm not referring to Kamala Harris, I'm talking about his real running mate (Covid-19).
    I am pretty sure with the popularity of the BLM riots and her being proud of one of their heroes, Jacob Blake, she is pulling in a lot of votes. Saying you are proud of a sexual predator, if that isn't "progressive" I don't know what is. What I want to know is what happened to the "Me too" movement? The Biden/Harris ticket sure must be glad that flavor of the month faded from the headlines. If that came back where would they stand on that issue? In case anyone doesn't read the whole stories Saint George Floyd also committed an assault on a women, not a sexual assault he just held a pregnant lady at gun point.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Using a respirator in a situation it was designed for!?
    Well done
    I have a shop full of tools, most were made for a specific application, yet many work quite well for other applications.

I have previously posted the results of the effectiveness of N95 and P100 respirators for stopping aerosolized virus particles, the P100 will stop 99.97%. If we look at other medical studies there seems to be a correlation between viral load, and how sick you get, so if I can block 99.97% of what everyone else is breathing, I hopefully will be better off.

Lets see, I can listen to the doctors and researchers I've known all or most of my life, or I can listen to the russian operatives that I have never met

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dalmatiangirl61 View Post
    I have a shop full of tools, most were made for a specific application, yet many work quite well for other applications.

I have previously posted the results of the effectiveness of N95 and P100 respirators for stopping aerosolized virus particles, the P100 will stop 99.97%. If we look at other medical studies there seems to be a correlation between viral load, and how sick you get, so if I can block 99.97% of what everyone else is breathing, I hopefully will be better off.

Lets see, I can listen to the doctors and researchers I've known all or most of my life, or I can listen to the russian operatives that I have never met
    There is more to the proper use of the masks then just wearing them.

There is a problem in that the masks act as a barrier and that the barrier works as a barrier in both directions. The problem is that even though a very small percentage of the aerosol gets through, the barrier also prevents what has gotten through from getting out. Over time, the amount of undesired aerosols will raise and in this case actually increase the viral load that you are breathing and being exposed to.

This is a very similar problem as with dissolved solids in a boiler and the need to do proper blow down.

In the case for the masks,to work and to work well, you need to have a proper seal around the edges and you need to change them frequently.

The problem I see is that very few of the masks actually fit well unless they are a fitted respirator type, and most people are not changing them at proper intervals. If the masks fit as they should, people would not have the continual eye glasses fogging problems.

I am not against the use of the masks but I do no think that they are even close to being as effective as what is believed in real world use.

If we want to follow the science then perhaps we should actually follow the science. Much of the mask wearing is not much more than a false sense of feel good behavior.

25. Likes CalG, jancollc liked this post