OT - opening up as best we can. AKA - is it still just the seasonal flu? - Page 46
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36444546
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by digger doug View Post
    ...and
    "Wheres Faucci"
    "Is Faucci an Obahma appointee ?"
    He was kidnapped?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trueturning View Post
    He was kidnapped?
    Have you seen his ugly mug on the Boob toob as of late ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by empwoer View Post
    to claim that you're not like all democrats means not all democrats are like you. just because you wanted to give him a shot, doesnt mean that ALL democrats did. the outcry from the left was heard round the world when he was sworn in.
    would you care to make a wager on the 2020 election?
    Oh yes...Iím liberal if thatís what you mean. I do believe in a strong public health system. Stronger that what we have now. Hell, it was better in Louisiana before Jindal dismantled the Charity Hospital System. Fantastic Trauma Health Care. Any cop shot within 30 miles raced to Charity. If a cop was shot in Jefferson or St Bernard Parish, then every cop in the Three Parish area closed off every road...shut down on ramps of Interstate System just to get the dying cop to Charityís Trauma Team. Just superb medical care.
    And...if a cop was shot, then another cop would put injured cop in his back seat...radio the dispatcher and fly to Charity at 100 mph. They did it over and over and over for years. They would fly by all the private for profit hospitals to get their dying brother to Charity.
    FWIW....when I had my business I was a Republican. Because my dad was a Republican and so I was too. And Republicans wanted lower taxes. But, in my defense taxes were much much higher back then. We still had the inheritance tax and a top rate of 40%
    Back to Charity. It was considered the hospital of the poor. And it was. Anyone could go there and if you couldnít pay, so be it. If you were poor and had less than 2000 in the bank, it was a wash....no bill sent. But, if you had a lawsuit because you showed up at Charity with broken leg because a car ran into your motorcycle, then the state would have its hand out at your settlement.
    This was a fair system.

I changed to Democrat after visiting Charityís ER three times. Those were three of my nine lives. Hence, the Tim-9 lives. Iíve used a few of them up.

Got shot three times....once in the chest and both arms. Nicked my lungs. Definitely almost died. Actually I did die on the table. Got my last rights and remember waving the priest away...not wanting the last rights because I thought I was saved since I too drove like a madman bleeding and almost passing out just to get to Charity. I guess in my mind... I thought I was saved since I made it to Charityís ER.

And wrecked a suburban once...almost killing myself....and then, years later had a car fall on me....which was a thousand times worse than the gunshot. But the bottom line is that those visits to Charity...witnessing first hand a fantastic public health system...changed me to a Liberal. Yes...Government has its place in my opinion. Charity just fixed me. No calling an insurance company and getting approval to do a procedure which the doctor thought I needed. They just did it. They did fist class reconstruction to my back which had a shattered L-4 vertebrae. And FWIW...after 2 years in a wheelchair...I was fortunate. Iím walking. Barely....but still walking.

And FWIW...insurance paid for the gunshot, so the state got paid. And for the car falling on me....the State had its hand out there at my settlement. 250k settlement for a car falling on me paralyzing me from the waist down and the state took 125k.

No complaints here. Money is only a vehicle. God is good. I used 41k to buy a house a block from the river levee. Next to the Corps of Engineers. And I got it cheap because it was a boarded up HUD repo at the height of the crack epidemic. Who would have thought that because I was on the highest ground Uptown New Orleans...my house would shoot up in value. Iím not rich. But Iím not destitute either.
    Because I have bad credit because I was on disability and lost my business after getting hurt....I also have no secured debt. So even though my tenant canít pay me....I have no mortgage either. Two pieces of valuable property paid for. Yes...the virus is a bitch. But I say it all the time....Iíd rather be lucky than good. And I still consider myself lucky. Self pity is an absolutely useless emotion. It gets you nowhere. Itíll drive you to drugs or alcohol. I know....I was a heroin junkie too. And I loved it. But....itís also bad shit. My take is this....heroin is the Forbidden Fruit in the Bible. Bad shit dudes. 1000 times worse than any pill. Itíll grab you by the ass and have your life n itís total control after using it only a few times. Iíve never dealt with any drug like heroin. Bad shit. Meth ainít nothing compared to heroin. Truly the forbidden fruit.
    No....I donít blindly trust government nor do Hate government. Government has its place. A strong defense industry is what supports Americaís dollar reserve currency. Itís important guys. Itís why we have a strong standard of living. But thereís other important stuff too. Itís important for us to have a robust infrastructure along with decent public health.

We want to have a strong public health system for stuff like pandemics. All of these business men who thing you can go to Washington and just do away with the State Department, cut federal funding for states which are blue states.....and run America like a business are damned idiots.

So yes....after 60 years on earth... I am a proud liberal. I think we should try to make the world a better place. Are there things that should be fixed. Absolutely. And my biggest pet peeve. Welfare. You canít support the kids you have....then stop having babies. Hell, most everyone would like to have 5 or 6 kids. But itís expensive. And most working guys canít afford that. So if youíre on welfare and not working....then after the second kid...the government should cut the pay and benefits. Woman needs a Norplant in my opinion. Just basic shit guys.

4. Likes dcsipo liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by tim9lives View Post
    Oh yes...I’m liberal if that’s what you mean. I do believe in a strong public health system. Stronger that what we have now. Hell, it was better in Louisiana before Jindal dismantled the Charity Hospital System. Fantastic Trauma Health Care. Any cop shot within 30 miles raced to Charity. If a cop was shot in Jefferson or St Bernard Parish, then every cop in the Three Parish area closed off every road...shut down on ramps of Interstate System just to get the dying cop to Charity’s Trauma Team. Just superb medical care.
    And...if a cop was shot, then another cop would put injured cop in his back seat...radio the dispatcher and fly to Charity at 100 mph. They did it over and over and over for years. They would fly by all the private for profit hospitals to get their dying brother to Charity.
    FWIW....when I had my business I was a Republican. Because my dad was a Republican and so I was too. And Republicans wanted lower taxes. But, in my defense taxes were much much higher back then. We still had the inheritance tax and a top rate of 40%
    Back to Charity. It was considered the hospital of the poor. And it was. Anyone could go there and if you couldn’t pay, so be it. If you were poor and had less than 2000 in the bank, it was a wash....no bill sent. But, if you had a lawsuit because you showed up at Charity with broken leg because a car ran into your motorcycle, then the state would have its hand out at your settlement.
    This was a fair system.

I changed to Democrat after visiting Charity’s ER three times. Those were three of my nine lives. Hence, the Tim-9 lives. I’ve used a few of them up.

Got shot three times....once in the chest and both arms. Nicked my lungs. Definitely almost died. Actually I did die on the table. Got my last rights and remember waving the priest away...not wanting the last rights because I thought I was saved since I too drove like a madman bleeding and almost passing out just to get to Charity. I guess in my mind... I thought I was saved since I made it to Charity’s ER.

And wrecked a suburban once...almost killing myself....and then, years later had a car fall on me....which was a thousand times worse than the gunshot. But the bottom line is that those visits to Charity...witnessing first hand a fantastic public health system...changed me to a Liberal. Yes...Government has its place in my opinion. Charity just fixed me. No calling an insurance company and getting approval to do a procedure which the doctor thought I needed. They just did it. They did fist class reconstruction to my back which had a shattered L-4 vertebrae. And FWIW...after 2 years in a wheelchair...I was fortunate. I’m walking. Barely....but still walking.

And FWIW...insurance paid for the gunshot, so the state got paid. And for the car falling on me....the State had its hand out there at my settlement. 250k settlement for a car falling on me paralyzing me from the waist down and the state took 125k.

No complaints here. Money is only a vehicle. God is good. I used 41k to buy a house a block from the river levee. Next to the Corps of Engineers. And I got it cheap because it was a boarded up HUD repo at the height of the crack epidemic. Who would have thought that because I was on the highest ground Uptown New Orleans...my house would shoot up in value. I’m not rich. But I’m not destitute either.
    Because I have bad credit because I was on disability and lost my business after getting hurt....I also have no secured debt. So even though my tenant can’t pay me....I have no mortgage either. Two pieces of valuable property paid for. Yes...the virus is a bitch. But I say it all the time....I’d rather be lucky than good. And I still consider myself lucky. Self pity is an absolutely useless emotion. It gets you nowhere. It’ll drive you to drugs or alcohol. I know....I was a heroin junkie too. And I loved it. But....it’s also bad shit. My take is this....heroin is the Forbidden Fruit in the Bible. Bad shit dudes. 1000 times worse than any pill. It’ll grab you by the ass and have your life n it’s total control after using it only a few times. I’ve never dealt with any drug like heroin. Bad shit. Meth ain’t nothing compared to heroin. Truly the forbidden fruit.
    No....I don’t blindly trust government nor do Hate government. Government has its place. A strong defense industry is what supports America’s dollar reserve currency. It’s important guys. It’s why we have a strong standard of living. But there’s other important stuff too. It’s important for us to have a robust infrastructure along with decent public health.

We want to have a strong public health system for stuff like pandemics. All of these business men who thing you can go to Washington and just do away with the State Department, cut federal funding for states which are blue states.....and run America like a business are damned idiots.

So yes....after 60 years on earth... I am a proud liberal. I think we should try to make the world a better place. Are there things that should be fixed. Absolutely. And my biggest pet peeve. Welfare. You can’t support the kids you have....then stop having babies. Hell, most everyone would like to have 5 or 6 kids. But it’s expensive. And most working guys can’t afford that. So if you’re on welfare and not working....then after the second kid...the government should cut the pay and benefits. Woman needs a Norplant in my opinion. Just basic shit guys.
    i'm sorry about your history, sounds rough. not really sure how it ties into the conversation though. what i was trying to say is, just because you were willing to give trump a shot, millions of other democrats/liberals didnt, they were dead set against him right off the bat.

6. Likes digger doug liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post
    Depends on the size of the facility. Several studies have found that most nursing home patients die within a year of admission. Something like 25% of Americans who die died in nursing homes. Reporting those deaths was never especially newsworthy until the start of the panicdemic with its obsessive "numbers" used to instill fear in ordinary people.
    hmm, 25% of 3 million every year.... You can do the math.....

Excess mortality is the number we need to watch....