OT - opening up as best we can. AKA - is it still just the seasonal flu? - Page 468
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 468 of 496 FirstFirst ... 368418458466467468469470478 ... LastLast
Results 9,341 to 9,360 of 9910
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thermite View Post
    Not so!

They have a near-as-dammit MONOPOLY on the most insane collection of lies known in modern times!
    That describes Trump to a T.

2. Likes triumph406, SIP6A, Greg White liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Shawnrs View Post
    I still catch a cold yet I figure after nearly 50 years I would be immune to it by now.

Viruses mutate.

Given a bit of distancing or PPE, it's entirely likely the common cold might have been down during the Black Plague, the regular flu down during the Spanish Flu, and syphilis down during the Aids epidemic. New disease - new cases.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My wifeys friend was in Manhattan Beach yesterday at a restaurant eating outside and all were socially distanced 6'

After they had finished eating a couple of Manhattan PD officers came over and cited them for not wearing masks. The first citation was $100, after that the second is $200, and $350 everytime after that.

When asked why, the leo said, if your actively eating or drinking you don't need to wear a mask. But as soon as you have finished eating then you need to put the mask back on. According to the leo this is a Manhattan Beach ordinance, but LA county as a whole is going to start enforcing the use of masks with fines.

Everybody on that patio who weren't eating, drinking or wearing masks got cited. On the other hand wifeys friend was a bit pissed off as there were plenty of people around maskless who weren't getting cited. But at least they've started to enforce the policy of wearing masks. About time too. (cue CalG outrage)

5. Likes Greg White liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by triumph406 View Post
    My wifeys friend was in Manhattan Beach yesterday at a restaurant eating outside and all were socially distanced 6'

After they had finished eating a couple of Manhattan PD officers came over and cited them for not wearing masks. The first citation was $100, after that the second is $200, and $350 everytime after that.

When asked why, the leo said, if your actively eating or drinking you don't need to wear a mask. But as soon as you have finished eating then you need to put the mask back on. According to the leo this is a Manhattan Beach ordinance, but LA county as a whole is going to start enforcing the use of masks with fines.

Everybody on that patio who weren't eating, drinking or wearing masks got cited. On the other hand wifeys friend was a bit pissed off as there were plenty of people around maskless who weren't getting cited. But at least they've started to enforce the policy of wearing masks. About time too. (cue CalG outrage)
    California has been over the top enforcing the mask mandates compared to other states ever since March, yet they are not showing noticeable lower numbers percentage wise for cases and deaths than anywhere else. Why is that? I wonder if some jurisdictions are using mask fines as a revenue source?

7. Likes S. Mant. liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dualkit View Post
    California has been over the top enforcing the mask mandates compared to other states ever since March, yet they are not showing noticeable lower numbers percentage wise for cases and deaths than anywhere else. Why is that?
    Why don't you look for a change ? In cases per million California is 33rd. In deaths per million, 29th, well below the middle in both statistics. If you take into account how densely populated California is compared to, say, Louisiana or Mississippi, up there in fifth and seventh place, they are doing good.

9. Likes triumph406 liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

California has been over the top enforcing the mask mandates compared to other states ever since March, yet they are not showing noticeable lower numbers percentage wise for cases and deaths than anywhere else. Why is that? I wonder if some jurisdictions are using mask fines as a revenue source?
    California has mask mandates but they haven't been actively enforced by leo's, especially in Orange County.

My wifes friends experience is the first time I've heard of it being enforced with a citation and a financial penealty.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wyoming
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottl
    You are going to fight us? You've been doing just that since 2015, using every dirty trick imaginable. You've even got your "shock troops" ANTIFA , BLM and the rest COMMITTING violence in our streets.

I laugh when you say "we will stop you". If you had that power it would have been done four years ago when you even tried to stop the inauguration. We are a large portion of the American people and we've had a taste once again of life not centered around the elites and their foreign allies. You are a fool if you think millions of people will just give up and let your kind rule the roost again.
    True enough where I live, but probably moot in California.

12. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Of course they are. Jurisdictions that had lengthy lockdowns lost a lot of revenue and now they are using the most insidious form of taxation (civil fines) to make up for it.

14. Likes Oldwrench liked this post
    guest Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post
    Of course they are. Jurisdictions that had lengthy lockdowns lost a lot of revenue and now they are using the most insidious form of taxation (civil fines) to make up for it.
    It's a double-whammy.

I heard Texas has been luring away California manufacturers with promises of electricity.

16. Likes Oldwrench, Trueturning liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by guest View Post
    It's a double-whammy.

I heard Texas has been luring away California manufacturers with promises of electricity.
    And without a $600 per month fire mitigation fee!

18. Likes Oldwrench liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Coming to a hospital near you.

Utah hospitals Covid: Proposed critera would ration health care at overwhelmed facilities - CNN

I've been very careful, as has my wife. We both have risk factors, I'm going to be really pissed off if I go to a local hospital with Covid and find I get turned away because it's overrun with the young and assorted d'heads who didn't take Covid seriuosly.

from the article

Utah hospitals could be days away from using a patient's age, health and other factors to decide who can remain in overcrowded intensive care units due to an onslaught of Covid-19 cases.
    A group of administrators representing Utah's hospitals presented Gov. Gary Herbert with a list of "criteria they propose doctors should use if they are forced to decide which patients can stay in overcrowded intensive care units," The Salt Lake Tribune reported.

They told Herbert that they'd need to put the criteria in place if the coronavirus trend continues, Greg Bell, president of the Utah Hospital Association, told the Tribune.

To triage care, the proposal would take into account a patient's age, health, situation and ability to survive, Bell told CNN affiliate KUTV on Sunday night.

"At the end of the day, some senior person, versus some healthy young person, probably would not get the nod," Bell said.

20. Likes dalmatiangirl61 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post

You've got nothing.
    I've got a vote. I, and millions of others.

We will stop you. The evil you support will be ended.

22. Likes triumph406, SIP6A, Greg White liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It is looking more and more as if there is no plan, I would liken his statements to "we know the boat is leaking, we are not going to fix the leak, we just need a bigger bailing bucket"
    Mark Meadows: We're not going to control the pandemic - YouTube

24. Likes triumph406 liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wyoming
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post

The other side's mantra from 2014 and 2016. Good luck...NOT.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldwrench View Post
    The other side's mantra from 2014 and 2016. Good luck...NOT.
    Whistle past the graveyard.

10 days to go...

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Your halo is showing it does not befit you much.

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yep ,10 days to go to the concrete pour for my new shed.....Bookings been put off twice for afternoon storms,cancel and its at least another two weeks to get another spot....Concreter wasted the past four weeks of bone dry weather going on a half price holiday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trueturning View Post
    Your halo is showing it does not befit you much.
    Eh, it's a little flashy, but they were out of silver so I had to go with gold. But I'm happy with it, better than the devil's tail and pitchfork that some now bear...

Let's put it this way - I'm on the side of Dwight D. Eisenhower, some are on the side of the other guy of Prussian heritage. I'll leave the inference to the reader...

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by PeteM View Post
    Viruses mutate.

Given a bit of distancing or PPE, it's entirely likely the common cold might have been down during the Black Plague, the regular flu down during the Spanish Flu, and syphilis down during the Aids epidemic. New disease - new cases.
    I would think the way everybody is social distancing all diseases would be down not just one spiking and all the others going in the opposite direction.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sorry the evil doesn't end, it just transfers over to the next group of politicians.

32. Likes Demon73 liked this post