OT - opening up as best we can. AKA - is it still just the seasonal flu? - Page 473
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 473 of 496 FirstFirst ... 373423463471472473474475483 ... LastLast
Results 9,441 to 9,460 of 9910
  1. #9441
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Vt USA
    Posts
    8,863
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1456
    Likes (Received)
    3139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    I don't know. This question's been floating around since the first announcement of djt "being ill", and my initial thought is that he was ill, but with the care he got (and luck?) it wasn't as debilitating as it could have been.

    That's one of the really weird things about this virus - the broad range of reactions to it. Some young, healthy people get really sick or even die, some old farts don't even notice it.

    I'm looking forward to a greater understand in a year or two of how this damn thing works, and why the variability.
    Actually, the entire family had it a week previous, as well as all the aids. They just didn't show any symptoms until they were tested, then the brain kicked in and told them they all were sick and needed treatment.

  2. Likes digger doug liked this post
  3. #9442
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Flushing/Flint, Michigan
    Posts
    9,480
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    520
    Likes (Received)
    7872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by guest View Post
    If you look at the State curves you see they peak at different times. Overall case mortality rate today compared to April is about 1/10. Meaning someone who enters the hospital today has about a 10X times better chance than they had in April.
    All this expected.
    Did not have any idea how to treat in the start and everyone testing positive went in.
    Add that most vulnerable where the first wave. Yes this is people that on the edge of dying already and any bug would have done much.
    So called second wave was a spread of the same to other parts of the country. Again agree many natural deaths perhaps accelerated by a few months.

    Now, different. The sick in the herd have been culled, those spikes gone. Do not know if you have any background in farming and done this.
    People I know in healthcare are freaking out about the new rise in the last month.
    Are they just victims of media news?
    I do so hope this just minor or a blip but everything is pointing the wrong way.
    With no help money pumping side coming the last thing that we need is shutdowns but it may be the bitter pill.

    Would you open up, go back to normal life in this time? Or some other plan?
    I was 100% at the open to live and let die. Do not upset the wagon that was running so well. Many that got six feet under where destined already.
    Now call it the third wave, the fall time, the dark winter or whatever, a change is on the doorstep.
    Bob

  4. Likes CalG liked this post
  5. #9443
    guest Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CalG View Post
    Actually, the entire family had it a week previous, as well as all the aids. They just didn't show any symptoms until they were tested, then the brain kicked in and told them they all were sick and needed treatment.
    Oh stop with The Russian disinformation Cal.

  6. Likes CalG liked this post
  7. #9444
    guest Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digger doug View Post
    There's proof out there for vitamin D.....
    Here's just one of several articles:
    Why Vitamin D for COVID-19 Saves Lives | The People'''s Pharmacy
    That's Russian disinformation Doug.

  8. Likes digger doug liked this post
  9. #9445
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Vt USA
    Posts
    8,863
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1456
    Likes (Received)
    3139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CarbideBob View Post
    All this expected.
    Did not have any idea how to treat in the start and everyone testing positive went in.
    Add that most vulnerable where the first wave. Yes this is people that on the edge of dying already and any bug would have done much.
    So called second wave was a spread of the same to other parts of the country. Again agree many natural deaths perhaps accelerated by a few months.

    Now, different. The sick in the herd have been culled, those spikes gone. Do not know if you have any background in farming and done this.
    People I know in healthcare are freaking out about the new rise in the last month.
    Are they just victims of media news?
    I do so hope this just minor or a blip but everything is pointing the wrong way.
    With no help money pumping side coming the last thing that we need is shutdowns but it may be the bitter pill.

    Would you open up, go back to normal life in this time? Or some other plan?
    I was 100% at the open to live and let die. Do not upset the wagon that was running so well. Many that got six feet under where destined already.
    Bob
    Well, Maybe it's time the younger generation extracts it's pay back. We oldsters have been stealing from them for the past 60 years, And now, let the strong survive.

    Call it pay back , but the oldsters are putting up a hell of a fight. LOCK Down the HEALTHY to protect those with one foot in the grave.

    Better still, Kill the babies before they have a say in the matter.

    The liberal agenda is just sick!

    Speaking for a friend, who identifies as a Mayfly

  10. #9446
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Vt USA
    Posts
    8,863
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1456
    Likes (Received)
    3139

    Default

    Done RIGHT


    sweden.jpg

    Got to ask yourself... Why is this working for them, and not for US?

  11. #9447
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hillsboro, New Hampshire
    Posts
    10,850
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2537
    Likes (Received)
    7611

    Default

    Well, if nothing else this thread could be a terrific resource for medical students studying diseases of the mind, and their written manifestations.

    Sociologists can find a wealth of data on crypto-racism.

    Economists could delve into a study of the working poor, and how they like to support the thieving rich.

    And so on...

  12. Likes crazygoat, metlmunchr, JoeE. liked this post
  13. #9448
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Vt USA
    Posts
    8,863
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1456
    Likes (Received)
    3139

    Default

    "The average age of those lives tragically cut short is 82.4 years old. Virtually all young people have nothing to fear from catching the disease."

    What should we tell the children? They just don't get it.

  14. #9449
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Posts
    6,054
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    2906

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CalG View Post
    "The average age of those lives tragically cut short is 82.4 years old. Virtually all young people have nothing to fear from catching the disease."

    What should we tell the children? They just don't get it.
    It doesn't work with liars and cult members but for people with a functioning brain cell, you can tell them the facts. Texas alone ....

    Texas appears to be keeping pretty good info, 4 children less than a year old have died, 6 between 1 and 9yo, 18 between 10 and 19yo, 108 between 20 and 29yo, 320 between 30-39yo, 970 between 40-49yo, 2127 between 50-59, 3697 between 60-69yo, 4048 between 70-79yo, 5700 80+yo. The argument that it is only those over 80 falls apart when you do the math, in the 40 to 79yo range its 10,842 deaths.

    And even if you get it, do not need hospitalization, you can still have cardio, pulmonary, and mental problems.

  15. #9450
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Country
    RUSSIAN FEDERATION
    Posts
    2,411
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2760
    Likes (Received)
    1487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    Well, if nothing else this thread could be a terrific resource for medical students studying diseases of the mind.
    Agreed. Ive found it fascinating.

  16. #9451
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Posts
    5,679
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2251
    Likes (Received)
    2827

    Default

    '''They didn'''t give a damn''': Mother of slain Walter Wallace says police knew her son was in a mental crisis

    why is this the new normal? Person (of color or not, irrelevant) brandishes weapon, knife, gun, bat, etc, refuses orders of police, gets shot, and there is outrage because the police did their job? What are they supposed to do, just keep backing up, use tasers/batons, until a deranged psycho steals their gun and shoots first... WTF!!?!?

    from the article

    Officers who are properly trained should notice certain things when they arrive at a scene," Johnson said. "Especially when his wife tells you, 'Stand down officers, he's manic bipolar.'"

    fucking comical right there. Ok let the police walk away and let him kill his mom/sister/wife/kid(s)... then it will be the police's fault for not intervening.

  17. #9452
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Posts
    2,477
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2592
    Likes (Received)
    509

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1974 View Post
    '''They didn'''t give a damn''': Mother of slain Walter Wallace says police knew her son was in a mental crisis

    why is this the new normal? Person (of color or not, irrelevant) brandishes weapon, knife, gun, bat, etc, refuses orders of police, gets shot, and there is outrage because the police did their job? What are they supposed to do, just keep backing up, use tasers/batons, until a deranged psycho steals their gun and shoots first... WTF!!?!?

    from the article

    Officers who are properly trained should notice certain things when they arrive at a scene," Johnson said. "Especially when his wife tells you, 'Stand down officers, he's manic bipolar.'"

    fucking comical right there. Ok let the police walk away and let him kill his mom/sister/wife/kid(s)... then it will be the police's fault for not intervening.
    Ok the mother was chasing the son trying to prevent him from being killed. The police had been called three times and had no mental health worker to diffuse the situation on duty.

    Hindsight is 2020. Police were equipped with a option of a mental health worker to do their thing yet no one was on duty. Police would prefer not to shoot someone dead - in most cases anyway. Those who see this kind of thing happen should not feel comfortable with it at all.

    Tasers are preferable to shooting someone. With all the non leather tech available one would think that with the highest funding era police enjoy that something could be done.

    Add to that experiences with the police and having literally the book thrown at them with excessive charges which are normal. The faith that a encounter with police will be fair and just is no longer the norm. Justice is a incidental thing to law and order after all. If a accused has a fair shake in the legal justice system then they would do good yet court appointed lawyers work with prosecutors to get those charged to plead guilty. Full trials are rare.

    To me it seems things are out of whack. There has to be better ways to avoid something like this given the societal consequences of it. Those consequences are costly in property and even more lives which may include police officers.

    In times like these if the police are seen as the enemy then terrible things will continue to happen. They are in fact escalating. More federal legislation is making its way through congress for attacking a police officer. The wording will cover hard attacks and is written to cover almost nothing done. This is the flexibility in the law. It is intentional in the language. More laws on the books not very helpful.

  18. Likes JoeE. liked this post
  19. #9453
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Country
    RUSSIAN FEDERATION
    Posts
    2,411
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2760
    Likes (Received)
    1487

    Default

    A quick look at ONS 'with covid' deaths vs total deaths by through weeks 1-42 grouped by age.
    Deaths registered weekly in England and Wales, provisional
    - Office for National Statistics



    France locks down cos cases and science.


    And a quick word from our sponsors.

  20. Likes Oldwrench liked this post
  21. #9454
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Country
    RUSSIAN FEDERATION
    Posts
    2,411
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2760
    Likes (Received)
    1487

    Default

    Long vaccines!

  22. #9455
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Vershire, Vermont
    Posts
    2,410
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1685
    Likes (Received)
    786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1974 View Post
    .... Ok let the police walk away and let him kill his mom/sister/wife/kid(s)... then it will be the police's fault for not intervening.
    It's one thing to let Walter kill his wife and kids (did he? - obviously not) and it's another to kill him. That it's acceptable to kill him is pretty sick.

    Similar situation here, next town over. Known schizophrenic, when off his meds would occasionally claim ownership of whatever town road he happened to be camping near and put up barriers and signs on the road. He'd lived there all his life, big family, the locals all knew him, knew where he was, they just said hi, turned around and drove another way, eventually he'd start taking his meds again.

    During one of his bad weeks, some-naive-body called the state police for mental health help, they sent a hit squad and killed him, the governor gave them a medal. Great solution, eh?

  23. Likes Trueturning liked this post
  24. #9456
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Posts
    6,054
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    2906

    Default

    When somebody's bull gets loose on the road, they put more effort into getting him back safe into the field. And a bull is a lot more dangerous.

  25. Likes dalmatiangirl61 liked this post
  26. #9457
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Country
    RUSSIAN FEDERATION
    Posts
    2,411
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2760
    Likes (Received)
    1487

    Default


  27. #9458
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hillsboro, New Hampshire
    Posts
    10,850
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2537
    Likes (Received)
    7611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon73 View Post
    Dreckbegone
    drumpfaloma...

  28. #9459
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Beaverdam, Virginia
    Posts
    9,451
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1271
    Likes (Received)
    4878

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1974 View Post
    '''They didn'''t give a damn''': Mother of slain Walter Wallace says police knew her son was in a mental crisis

    why is this the new normal? Person (of color or not, irrelevant) brandishes weapon, knife, gun, bat, etc, refuses orders of police, gets shot, and there is outrage because the police did their job? What are they supposed to do, just keep backing up, use tasers/batons, until a deranged psycho steals their gun and shoots first... WTF!!?!?

    from the article

    Officers who are properly trained should notice certain things when they arrive at a scene," Johnson said. "Especially when his wife tells you, 'Stand down officers, he's manic bipolar.'"

    fucking comical right there. Ok let the police walk away and let him kill his mom/sister/wife/kid(s)... then it will be the police's fault for not intervening.
    Anyone else catch he was a father of 9 and his wife was pregnant? Mental illness can run in families. That family definitely wasn't the most intelligent group on the planet. I saw on Court TV last night of another case of a black man killed by police, he was tased twice,kept coming and actually stabbed a female police officer.
    Her vest stopped the knife from doing any damage. I suppose that one will be determined unjustified and cause riots and looting.

  29. #9460
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Beaverdam, Virginia
    Posts
    9,451
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1271
    Likes (Received)
    4878

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeE. View Post
    Along this same line of thinking... do you believe trump EVEN HAD the 'Rona?

    I don't.

    To tie it in with your answer... you didn't hear him, or anyone else, crowing about Hydroxi.... as a cure or anything else.. Not Clorox or UV light, either.

    I think they just put it out there for a PR stunt so he could say he "beat" it.

    Bullshit. He's an old fat bastard and he couldn't have lived through it...
    Pathetic article on MSN pulled from the Washington Post showing Trump getting better treatment for Covid-19 than a black family, playing the race card, and showing black people as victims.

    A Maryland family battled covid-19 at the same time as Trump. It devastated them.

    The Washington Post hates all Republicans with a passion, so if they say Trump really had the virus, he did.

  30. Likes digger doug liked this post

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •