OT - opening up as best we can. AKA - is it still just the seasonal flu? - Page 491
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 491 of 496 FirstFirst ... 391441481489490491492493 ... LastLast
Results 9,801 to 9,820 of 9910
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    South Carolina
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by guest View Post

Why didn't Trump use the pandemic to consolidate power? No dictator worth his salt would have missed such an opportunity.
    Just one more thing he screwed up because he is a stable genius?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    No riddle at all. The inevitable conclusion of a man who cares not a whit for the repercussions of his actions:

Business career of Donald Trump - Wikipedia

"Trump said "I've used the laws of this country to pare debt. ... We'll have the company. We'll throw it into a chapter. We'll negotiate with the banks. We'll make a fantastic deal. You know, it's like on The Apprentice. It's not personal. It's just business."[47] This arbitrary and blasé stance is at odds with many small business and wage earners, let alone the state and federal taxes and retirement payments avoided by such Chapter 11 filings."
    That's just a guy taking advantage of a situation he finds himself in. Character flaws and narcissism adequately explain how he's willing to throw anyone under the bus for a quick buck, but it still doesn't constitute an insidious mastermind slow boil.

What I picture as a slow boil is things like "Just this one time, for the children" and then waiting until people are used to it, then cranking the ratchet another tick. Or taking turns every 8 years to "undermine" the "other party" while actually harming the American people. Ever shift your feet back and forth in quicksand, or even at the beach? Fastest way to sink yourself is doing and undoing little changes while exerting a constant downwards pull through it all...

guest Guest

I don't like blocking the roads- we get a lot of the from Antifa/BLM here. Only around here, they get violent and pull people from their vehicles and kick them in the head or shoot them.

Wrt the bus, Trump supporters have a right to drive on the freeways too.

I guess the snowflakes got skeered...

Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trueturning
    Interstates and a extensive road system in the United States. Train rides out of town in Wuhan carry limited amounts of people one place to another compared to massive Interstate system. How do you not know this?
    True, you need to go check the traffic-carrying capacity of rail vs highway. Besides having plenty of highways, even normal rail would far exceed the carrying ability of the interstates. China has 200 mph rail running mucho frequently. Everywhere, like 10,000 miles of it or something. That's way more capacity than the US has. Way way more.

There's 1.4 billion people here. I know it's hard to get your head around that until you been, say, at a train station during a holiday. If we go to New York at rush hour, the Assist asks "Where's all the people ? I thought this was a city ?" At spring festival, something like 3/4 of the people in the country are travelling back to grandma's. US interstates wouldn't have a chance.

The little dinky countryside village I like to hang out in for holidays ? Has four million people.

I went to Tiananmen for the fiftieth anniversary ... they say you can fit one million people in the square. I didn't count but all of a sudden you understand what claustrophobia is. This is something you can't imagine until you do it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

"But, but, but, but..."

I wish these guys would fix that damn little motor of theirs, it's making too much noise and polluting the place.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You're correct. Real people, who care for others and understand the damage he has done will cry.

Monsters - they don't cry so much...
    Maybe your Nazis will finally show up Milland. Maybe they have been car pooling to underneath your bed every day. Fear runs through everything which you post and the fear is irrational and hysterical. I wonder if you will be able to handle a Trump win and have determined that you are a toxic and spiteful person and you will bounce back to your old poser games that you love.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Time for a short-sell yet, or will I get a better return if I wait till tomorrow?

salt.jpg

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Oh my goodness, that's just horrible. How many cars did they burn? How many stores were looted?

(Oh wait, scratch that, those are the left-wing rioters.........)

If you want to get into an argument over who destroys more property during a riot, I'm ready and waiting. I've even got the popcorn bucket.

Imagine, a fuss because someone caused a traffic jam. If that's the best accusation you've got against Trump supporters, you failed.

Why don't you go burn some more buildings down to protest "the horrible traffic jam".

This is a democratic country! Everyone must have the right to be in a traffic jam, even the ex-VP!

9. Likes CalG liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ChipSplitter View Post
    I'm cornfused. If Trump is a Nazi; where are the concentration camps, the death chambers, the labor camps, the secret police, the Youth Corps, the foreign invasions, the media suppression (wait, we have that....but not in his favor), and the looting of minority-owned businesses (oh, we have that too...but that's Antifa).

Instead I see Israeli/US peace agreements with three Middle Eastern countries, reduced troops overseas (no invasion here), and domestic enemy forces trying to destroy history.

Seems to me the "Anti-Fascists" are the real Fascists here.
    Ooo I know I know under Milland’s bed or under a rock in his backyard. Maybe he can hang out in a pointy white robe and the car pool will take him out for some chicken fried steak. That may actually cure Milland some good Southern food and friendly Southern Hospitality. We are still looking for the reported Nazi’s and KKK members and any rioters we meet have not seen them either yet ANTIFA insist they are hiding well but are everywhere sort of supernaturals they suspect now a days.

Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

[/I]If you want to get into an argument over who destroys more property during a riot, I'm ready and waiting. I've even got the popcorn bucket.
    Oddly enough, on several occasions during previous riotous periods, cops have been identified as the instigators breaking windows and inciting looting.

Not that COINTELPRO would influence my thinking on this, but I also remember reading about the Colorado coal mine wars and know that the weaponization of the panthers was by an FBI plant.

I've got my own bucket of popcorn and know that in history, it's a standard trick to instigate violence, then bring in the troops to 'control' it.

In fact, that's pretty much what Trumplestiltskin tried to do, with unmarked vehicles, nonuniformed gestapo agents, and illegal kidnappings. Pretty much straight out of the fascist playbook, actually.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Add to that the "militias" wanting to kidnap/kill politicians, or the same trying to intimidate at polling places and other events.

Perhaps you'd like this instead: Right-Wing Domestic Terrorism Is On The Rise. Did The Warning Signs Evade Us? | On Point

Or this: 'It is serious and intense': white supremacist domestic terror threat looms large in US | Donald Trump | The Guardian

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BoxcarPete View Post
    Time for a short-sell yet, or will I get a better return if I wait till tomorrow?

salt.jpg

What's your point, Walkslikeaduck?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BoxcarPete View Post
    That's just a guy taking advantage of a situation he finds himself in. Character flaws and narcissism adequately explain how he's willing to throw anyone under the bus for a quick buck, but it still doesn't constitute an insidious mastermind slow boil.

What I picture as a slow boil is things like "Just this one time, for the children" and then waiting until people are used to it, then cranking the ratchet another tick. Or taking turns every 8 years to "undermine" the "other party" while actually harming the American people. Ever shift your feet back and forth in quicksand, or even at the beach? Fastest way to sink yourself is doing and undoing little changes while exerting a constant downwards pull through it all...

Slow boiling?

I assume you have heard of Yuri Bezmenov

KGB defector Yuri Bezmenov's warning to America (1984) - YouTube

I'm sure the methods are well known by all nation's governments.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CalG View Post
    One really can not speak of the number of people who died while looking to blame, and ignore abortion.

genocide on a global scale, and the same group suffers both the loss and the shame..
    Yes and never brought and still these supporters of that practice pray and pray for deliverance from the Great Orange Pumpkin.

Country
    NETHERLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'm cornfused. If Trump is a Nazi; where are the concentration camps, the death chambers, the labor camps, the secret police, the Youth Corps, the foreign invasions, the media suppression (wait, we have that....but not in his favor), and the looting of minority-owned businesses (oh, we have that too...but that's Antifa).

Instead I see Israeli/US peace agreements with three Middle Eastern countries, reduced troops overseas (no invasion here), and domestic enemy forces trying to destroy history.

Seems to me the "Anti-Fascists" are the real Fascists here.
    where were the camps etc. in germany between 1921 and 1933?
    or did hitler suddenly become a nazi in januari 1933?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Add to that the "militias" wanting to kidnap/kill politicians, or the same trying to intimidate at polling places and other events.

Perhaps you'd like this instead: Right-Wing Domestic Terrorism Is On The Rise. Did The Warning Signs Evade Us? | On Point

Or this: 'It is serious and intense': white supremacist domestic terror threat looms large in US | Donald Trump | The Guardian
    And one of those "kid nappers" wants to kill the POTUS! Can you believe that crap? Why would anyone want to do that?

And then the "organizer of the "militia group" is with the feds... ! I bet they do that just to confuse sheep!

18. Likes SND liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    Buck, jeeze.

Trump as businessman - you've got to be joking. He's a total documented fuckup. The only thing he has ever done well is that asinine reality show where he acted like a prick (comes naturally to him, I guess). That's the only thing in his entire career that made money. If he didn't start out with millions he wouldn't have two nickels to rub together. He's NOT a businessman. He's a failure.

He's "for USA jobs" ? He has been pres while fewer jobs were created even before the covid thing than any other president since Bush. His idiot tariffs cost thousands of jobs and billions of dollars. HD and Indian, for one example, moved much of their manufacturing to Poland fer chrissake. The tariffs he collected all went to farmers, billions of dollars worth. So we paid for his handouts to soybean farmers to cover up for the fact that he fucked up the entire system. If the moron had just left things alone, the self-sufficient small-government independent farmers wouldn't need a multi-billion dollar bailout. He's a fucking imbecile.

He cut taxes ? Not for you. The payment for those tax cuts to middle class people is coming due. This next year you'll be paying much more. The 1% got a lot but you got shit on. It was a trick. Fooled you !

And the post office, thanks but I like the damn post office. It works. It works good. It's probably the one real service I actually get from the feds. And he fucks it up just out of spite. "We're going to remove the automatic sorting machines to make it more efficient". WHO is stupid enough to believe that ? Let's all throw out our Haases and replace them with Bridgeports !

Let's not even mention the national parks he is destroying. Excuse me, those are MINE (and yours), not his to fuck up.

The man is a fake, an imbecile and a liar. WHY does anyone believe the shit that comes out of his mouth ? Compare it to the reality, for god's sake !

Because he says what they want to hear. It's like when your wife's been fucking the seventh fleet, but your buddy says "nah, she's good" and you believe it because you want to.

That doesn't make it true.
    “ Because he says what they want to hear. It's like when your wife's been fucking the seventh fleet, but your buddy says "nah, she's good" and you believe it because you want to.

That doesn't make it true.”

This might be the most useful statement you have ever made. Remove it from your constant Trump attacks and it is fine.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What's your point, Walkslikeaduck?
    That there's going to be a great abundance of gnashing of teeth and hurt feelings in another day or so. Trying to lighten up a bit, but I suppose it's futile.

As for walking like a duck, I suppose openly criticizing the man for his actual flaws, while pushing back against allegations that don't make any sense (while being right in line with establishment politics instead) makes me a supporter, who... didn't vote for him? In fact, voted for someone else to hold the office, even!

Please take a step back and engage your brain before declaring that others aren't using theirs

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Never a good thing for ANYONE to deliberately block traffic. People who do so should be cited.

BUT ........................................

Where was your outrage when BLM/Antifa did THE EXACT SAME THING?

AND pulled people out of their vehicles and beat them.

22. Likes SND, DrHook, Demon73, Dualkit liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

how can you possibly compare bunch of random unorganized idiots acting like a mob...

to an actual mob acting like idiots...those ppl are "trumps army"....and trump encourages it.