OT - opening up as best we can. AKA - is it still just the seasonal flu? - Page 493
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 493 of 496 FirstFirst ... 393443483491492493494495 ... LastLast
Results 9,841 to 9,860 of 9910
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trueturning View Post
    Even or odd makes no difference. How you verified that number and whether they are just deaths or mad murders is a valid request.

You're out of "valid requests" - nothing contrary to your own beliefs matters.

Try looking it up. There are dozens of sources, including our own FBI, on homicides by white supremacists (nationalists, etc.).

2. Likes Greg White liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Even or odd makes no difference. How you verified that number and whether they are just deaths or mad murders is a valid request.
    Well, son - if you're able to read more than a comic book, you can try this page:

The Escalating Terrorism Problem in the United States | Center for Strategic and International Studies

"In analyzing fatalities from terrorist attacks, religious terrorism has killed the largest number of individuals—3,086 people—primarily due to the attacks on September 11, 2001, which caused 2,977 deaths.10 The magnitude of this death toll fundamentally shaped U.S. counterterrorism policy over the past two decades. In comparison, right-wing terrorist attacks caused 335 deaths, left-wing attacks caused 22 deaths, and ethnonationalist terrorists caused 5 deaths."

So by their metrics, and removing 9/11 (as it's religious terrorism, not L/R), it's 335R to 22L. Read the whole report if you want more context.

And no, I'm not going to spoon feed you any further. Do your own damn research.

Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    All you guys siding with the Caligula-in-Chief -...
    Hey ! Caligula had taste ! And a smart horse !

(With a name like Incitatus it seems amazingly apt at this moment )

Mill - why do they call it "escalating" ? Hang down your head, Tom Mooney, hang down your head and cry ... we got history, ya know ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by guest View Post
    Oh Gee, you think you are doxxing me by your continued use of my full company name? . . .
    You've listed yourself as JancoLLC since joining here in 2017. Most recently giving Trump his own LLC (nothing is his fault, not the pandemic, the lies, the broken promises, even the incitement to violence).

It struck me as a bit of interesting human nature that someone all proud to join as the Limited Liability screen dude from day one, then spends most of the next 3 years and 4000 posts giving Trump a pass for everything. Nope, no lies. Handled the pandemic perfectly. Climate change - fake news. Debt and deficit - well it's OK. Failed promses on health care, infrastructure, WMD, China -- will he was too busy trying to get dirt on Biden. Violence? It's Antifa we all have to worry about (1 dead) not Trump's urging white supremacists on as good people, standing by, blocking roads, actually responsible for hundreds of deaths, and (soon) showing up at the polls.

If there's been a decline in "professionalism" that still makes this forum worthwhile, count yourself a big part of it.

Far as I can tell no one here wishes you harm.

You really think Antifa is reading Home Gardening News, Woodworkers Forum, finally getting to Practical Machinist -- and coming for you?

As for political axes to grind - seems it's you who's been stoked on Trump Defense Syndrome. It's your right. I just see mountains of evidence saying you're wrong. Will give you credit for actually finding sources (molehills, like the one Antifi dead turned into all sorts of people being pulled out of their cars and murdered) now and then.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Oh Gee, you think you are doxxing me by your continued use of my full company name?

Yes, that is the way of your type. You can't win the argument on the merits so you try to silence those who disagree with you.

You know my shop is in Portland, the epicenter of the BLM/Antifa thugs. All it will take is to bring a little attention, eh? Shouldn't be a tall order to get my shop burned to the ground.

Gotta love antisocial media, my mistake for thinking this was a board of adults.

@ Milacron or Hanermo or any mod-

please delete my account and all posts. I cannot have my company put at risk by PM members who have a political ax to grind.
    Clearly not what I would have done, but perhaps you have overreacted a tad

I think the first thing would have been to PM and simply ask him to remove the reference, no?
    @PeteM do show a tiny bit of restraint there really is no need of that

7. Likes Demon73 liked this post
    guest Guest

...You used your company name as your PM name, so that's on you.
    Yes, it is on me for misjudging the board I was joining. I thought it was a group of professionals.

I'm not blaming anyone- I just want to disassociate with Practical Machinist.

You are not at risk, you are anonymous and it's not the political right that is doing the burning and looting.

Milacron or any MOD, please honor my request.

9. Likes digger doug, DrHook liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes, it is on me for misjudging the board I was joining. I thought it was a group of professionals.

You are not at risk, you are anonymous and it's not the political right that is doing the burning and looting.

You are a total fantasist. Maybe that's the issue, have you considered psychiatric care?

I'm one of a handful of NH members, and I've done plenty of person-to-person sales of parts, cutters, etc. With my real name and address. If someone wants to find me, they can.

Calm your tits, Buttercup. A couple more days (weeks? months?) and we'll be close to normal and able to have civil conversations again.

(You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one...)

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well, son - if you're able to read more than a comic book, you can try this page:

The Escalating Terrorism Problem in the United States | Center for Strategic and International Studies

"In analyzing fatalities from terrorist attacks, religious terrorism has killed the largest number of individuals—3,086 people—primarily due to the attacks on September 11, 2001, which caused 2,977 deaths.10 The magnitude of this death toll fundamentally shaped U.S. counterterrorism policy over the past two decades. In comparison, right-wing terrorist attacks caused 335 deaths, left-wing attacks caused 22 deaths, and ethnonationalist terrorists caused 5 deaths."

So by their metrics, and removing 9/11 (as it's religious terrorism, not L/R), it's 335R to 22L. Read the whole report if you want more context.

And no, I'm not going to spoon feed you any further. Do your own damn research.
    Going back to Oklahoma bombing and then making it fit today’s theme. Figures.

guest Guest

I'm one of a handful of NH members, and I've done plenty of person-to-person sales of parts, cutters, etc. With my real name and address. If someone wants to find me, they can.
    Like I said, it's not the political right doing the torching of businesses. I have also had personal interactions with members.

I did not think Practical Machinist would be so toxic, and the clear and numerous attempts to dox my company just means the risk is not worth the reward. I'm not in New Hampshire, I'm in Portland.

Quite simple really. You guys have fun.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You are a total fantasist. Maybe that's the issue, have you considered psychiatric care?

Calm your tits, Buttercup. A couple more days (weeks? months?) and we'll be close to normal and able to have civil conversations again.

(You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one...)
    You have no consideration nor respect. You do not know right from wrong either.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Going back to Oklahoma bombing and then making it fit today’s theme. Figures.
    Total fruit-loop. Figures...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quite simple really. You guys have fun.
    And the Oscar for "Best Fainting Couch scene" goes to:

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Milland, how do you keep that vitriol from melting your keyboard?

I haven't heard this much hate since EG was posting 150-year-old pictures of lynchings.

Milland, time to take your own advice. Not happy with new Pressbrake

Sometimes the smartest thing to do is step away from the keyboard.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I dunno. Maybe it's because I'm composed completely of stomach lining, making me invulnerable to "vitriol"?

Maybe it's because I don't initiate, but fight back. Righteous anger, dude.

Maybe it's because you and your kind, siding with a monster, are total asshats and deserve all I've written, and so, so much more?

Maybe it's that you've got the self awareness of a lemon rind, and can't recognize that what you consider gruff and tough is just locker room talk. Ya' know, liking grabbing them girls by the kitty.

Grow up. Or take off. No matter to me...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I can not believe what I have just witnessed.

One member spitefully inciting ill and damage to another. All over conversation.

Milland, You have gone too far. Sick in the mind to allow hate to fill you so.

I'm out. The enjoyment is gone.

19. Likes ChipSplitter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CalG View Post
    I can not believe what I have just witnessed.

One member spitefully inciting ill and damage to another. All over conversation.

Milland, You have gone too far. Sick in the mind to allow hate to fill you so.

I'm out. The enjoyment is gone.
    They were right. The best is yet to come.

BTW, nice abeyance of reality. As expected, as you are consistent. Consistently wrong. Consistently delusional.

[And you'll be back. Dang it...]

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I dunno. Maybe it's because I'm composed completely of stomach lining, making me invulnerable to "vitriol"?

Maybe it's because I don't initiate, but fight back. Righteous anger, dude.

Maybe it's because you and your kind, siding with a monster, are total asshats and deserve all I've written, and so, so much more?

Maybe it's that you've got the self awareness of a lemon rind, and can't recognize that what you consider gruff and tough is just locker room talk. Ya' know, liking grabbing them girls by the kitty.

Grow up. Or take off. No matter to me...
    And this is what it comes down to. This is a religious crusade for you. Your god is right and everyone else must either be converted or killed. Who cares about the fate of heretics and non-believers. You'd fit right in with the religious nut jobs shouting Allah Akbar while decapitating a teacher because he dared to insult your god.

22. Likes ChipSplitter liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

QT; I can not believe what I have just witnessed.

Makes me wonder why two Michigan stores are boarding up windows.
    Fill in the blank-> Unhappy ..T or B.. voters are destroying property over their guy not winning.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You actually have a worry here?
    So scrub the site, not sure that scrubs the net.
    Once in it lives forever, get that when you type the first line.
    You are strong in your position. That is a good thing.
    Why the opt out seems weird. The loonies are not coming to your doorstep.
    Some here will be 180 to you and take you on constantly. That is sort of a debate.
    Debate is good for a open democracy.
    Leaving or walking out of the debate due to hurt or fear seems not good to me.

Do not do the walk away as if the rest of us are not on your level.
    Bob

25. Likes BillE, Garwood liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So, here's a suggestion.

As members, we close this (my) thread by not further posting in it.

We can open up another thread along the lines of "Still opening up as best we can." The big news in post #1 was that the early assumptions that this virus was spread hand to face probably weren't the whole story - that airborne transmission was a factor to consider.

At this point, we're considering airborne transmission, distancing protocols and availability of PPE have improved, we have better treatments, and mortality rates look to be about 10% of what they were in the early days of Italy, the NY Metro area, etc.

There's still work to be done in fully opening up. No approved vaccine rolled out. Case counts on the rise around the world. Partisanship meaning no relatively coherent response among the US populace. And economic uncertainty about what, if any, steps will be taken to reboot the economy.