OT - opening up as best we can. AKA - is it still just the seasonal flu? - Page 58
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 58 of 194 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 3875
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
    Not everyone wants to climb the great pole. Some of us enjoyed the physical and mental challenges that working with your hands and actually building machines etc brings.

When I was a young apprentice I watched what the guys in the offices did and I decided that being desk bound wasn't for me. It didn't stop me getting as much culture and knowledge into my life as I could outside of work.

The most intelligent and well read guy I ever knew was the company internal postman at my first job. He'd been to Cambridge University as a young man. He worked to live, not the other way around.

Another guy I knew that had been a maths graduate at Cambridge University was managing a bookmakers shop for Ladbrokes. He loved horse racing and that was his idea of a perfect job.

Regards Tyrone.
    I believe you missed my point, which is not your fault. If you are in the USA in a state that has extreme environmental regulations and unfriendly to manufacturing, no way in hell you could be a Democrat if you were in a position of authority in those businesses. An easy example is during the spray on truck bed liner rage. The city I lived in 25 years ago dictated companies that did that had enclosed side draft and down draft booths. That was minimum of a $50k cost, which put a lot of people out of business in SoCal. Go to Arizona or Nevada neighboring states, you could spray those bed liners on outside or inside with no barriers. California even tried to shut down the mobile auto detailers, in most localities they made them vacuum up and recycle their wash water. That was another $10k cost most small operators could not afford. At the time I fled California 10 years ago it was a violation to wash your own car, in your own driveway, in many locations.

2. Likes Oldwrench liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Limy Sami View Post
    It is, for I sincerely believe he is a very dangerous man - not only for your country but the entire world.
    Depends on your viewpoint.

He IS a very dangerous man .... for globalist elites, entrenched interests, and even countries such as China. For the rest of us he's a breath of fresh air after decades of insourcing, outsourcing, oppressive laws and regulations and "leaders" who view us as little more than worker ants (and cannon fodder for endless wars).

I don't know how it is in the UK these days as I haven't been there for decades, but in the USA I've watched my country betrayed from within and sold out for quick profits and "business as usual" that enriches a minority while impoverishing the rest.

When I graduated high school manufacturing was widespread and you could graduate high school, get a job, and earn enough to eventually have a nice house and all the other trappings of a middle class lifestyle. Today, kids graduate college and end up working in a grocery store or restaurant and often have to stay with their parents because they can't afford rentals that are out of reach for low wage earners. And they compete with hordes of foreigners for those low wage jobs (and the cheaper apartments).

4. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post
    You sound as is that is something you would cheer?
    This is why I don't participate much in this sub forum. People actively wishing for the POTUS head on a pike, and hoping for more CV19 deaths, just to make him look bad. Very bad optics, and degrading to this forum as a whole, IMO.

From subjects of The Crown, no less.

It seems decorum has left the room.

6. Likes Scottl, CalG, Trueturning, Oldwrench liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gewehr 98 View Post
    This is why I don't participate much in this sub forum. People actively wishing for the POTUS head on a pike, and hoping for more CV19 deaths, just to make him look bad. Very bad optics, and degrading to this forum as a whole, IMO.

From subjects of The Crown, no less.

It seems decorum has left the room.
    And the longer this "pandemic" goes on the more disgusted I get. The doctors have largely abandoned their patients, cancelling real appointments and trying to substitute virtual ones for everything from annual checkups to eye exams and even cancer follow-up screenings. Many elderly are literally dying of neglect. Just today we had to move an important appointment for an elderly relative from early June to late September, an almost four month delay. And this is just the latest in a string of them. Some refused to reschedule now and said "we will contact you when we reopen" after cancelling existing appointments. That means some rescheduled appointments could be pushed into 2021! They almost seem to be intent on punishing those who refuse "virtual" appointments, which are billable to Medicare and insurers under new "Covid-19" rules.

Someone please tell me, how does a "virtual appointment" help someone with macular degeneration? Can they give an Avastin injection over the internet? How about examining the retina, which requires dilation and special optics?

8. Likes Trueturning, Oldwrench liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As has been said ;- it depends on your viewpoint, ……….as the argument could go on until the 2nd coming, ….it is probably best left to history to find the definitive answer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This is why I don't participate much in this sub forum. People actively wishing for the POTUS head on a pike, and hoping for more CV19 deaths, just to make him look bad. ....
    Sorry you are a special snowflake. Maybe we could take up a collection and get you a fainting couch. Nobody needs to do *anything* to make him look bad. He's
    doing fine on his own.

11. Likes Limy Sami liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SND View Post
    These are just normal fascist communist division tactics.

We seem to have quite a few fans and probably active members of the Hammer and Sickle club on this very forum. For some reason these far left ideologies always took hold very easily among the labor / manufacturing class, the love for the unions and hatred for "the man" that feeds them bs.

It's actually pretty funny to see how many hope that USA manufacturing is Dead, on a USA manufacturing forum.
    I have never said USA manufacturing base is dead. I just want it to be much better. America has some of the cheapest energy costs in the world with its abundant natural gas. Add that to a country which is Communist and now has a dictatorship and also is violating every free trade agreement in the books plus they subsidize their industries /manufacturing and China violates patents & steals intellectual property.

Why the hell do they get Most Favored Trade Status. The rest of the world has been losing jobs to them. And to make matters worse.....what the hell is the use of Europeans and Americans worrying about holding down pollution when China is spewing pollution into the air and water. Eventually..... we breathe that air. Hell....the pollution reaches California. It’s CRAZY.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SND View Post
    These are just normal fascist communist division tactics.

We seem to have quite a few fans and probably active members of the Hammer and Sickle club on this very forum. For some reason these far left ideologies always took hold very easily among the labor / manufacturing class, the love for the unions and hatred for "the man" that feeds them bs.

It's actually pretty funny to see how many hope that USA manufacturing is Dead, on a USA manufacturing forum.
    You seem to be off your meds again. There's not one person here, literally, not one person who thinks as you're trying to portray. And your conflation of "fascist" and "communist" is off a bit too, as (in simple terms so you'll understand) a fascist is one who believes in rule by collection of power, and a communist is one who believes in a collectivist rule (as in, we all decide together for the common good)*.

So you're just stringing together a few "hot" words as epithets, not as meaningful constructs towards a descriptive sentence.

And umm, anyone with the least bit of knowledge of history would know why unions came to be in this (and other) countries - due to abusive practices by business and governmental types. Unless your goal is to be at the head of one of those entities, you're the beneficiary of policies that keep you from being little more than (and sometimes just) a slave.

Frankly, sometimes what you write makes you seem so incredibly stupid that a more aware person would try to avoid showing the world what an ass he is. I'm sure you're not quite that dim, but perhaps you should re-read your posts after a few minute before throwing them up on the forum?

*Note: there are not, and never have been true Communists. It seems to be something that can be conceptualized, but devolves almost immediately into some level of authoritarianism. Just the way our simian brains work, bro...

14. Likes BillE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jim rozen View Post
    Sorry you are a special snowflake. Maybe we could take up a collection and get you a fainting couch. Nobody needs to do *anything* to make him look bad. He's
    doing fine on his own.
    Says the guy who's been flipping his wig since January of 2017, and will do so again in January 2021

I mean, shit, I remember you frothing at the mouth over GWB, "worst President ever!!1!"----until 0bama came along.

At least you've kinda learned how to quote properly, so there is that. Old dog/new tricks. Boomers are always good for a laugh

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Says the guy who's been flipping his wig since January of 2017, and will do so again in January 2021

I mean, shit, I remember you frothing at the mouth over GWB, "worst President ever!!1!"----until Trump came along.

At least you've kinda learned how to quote properly, so there is that. Old dog/new tricks. Boomers are always good for a laugh
    Fixed that for you. And as for the "Boomer" appellation - thanks for letting us know we're conversing with a simpleton.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=AJ H;3559714]
    Quote Originally Posted by tim9lives View Post
    You know....I’m not trying to beat a dead dog....but I can’t help my curious mind. Anyway I was thinking more about the riots. And I’m convinced a major reason for this is unemployment among young kids. China free trade must end. China does have an end game...and that’s to dominate. Europe and America better wake up and realize that when 18 to 30 year olds have no jobs....we end up with revolution. History proves this.

And China cheats. They are not playing by the Western World’s Playbooks. They violate Patent Law Intellectual Property. They cheat at currency rules of international trade. And they are causing worldwide unemployment to rise at unprecedented levels in both Europe and America. It must end. But....America needs the European Union’s help to play this game against China. The only way to whip China into conforming with International Trade Laws is by wholesale bans of trade with them. China cheats.

I agree we need to stop being bent over by china, but I don't think 18-30 being unemployed is due to there not being jobs to be had. Before corona virus there were people calling for increased immigration to fill labor shortages. Millennials just don't want the crappy jobs that are out there or aren't qualified for the better ones. This stems from a life of participation trophies being told they'll be president or a movie star someday, and parents that let them live rent free in their basement for a decade after they flunk out of college. I'll turn 30 this year and I've seen what leads to this first hand. Guidance consolers, parents, and teachers insist you get a $100k education even if it's in an unmarketable field. In 11th and 12th grade I elected to be bused to the local trade school for a half day machinist program, you could also go for welding/autobody/electrical etc. This was offered to every student in every school in the county with very low participation. Kids look/looked down at those professions because they were told how successful they were going to be after they got their BS in Philosophy. I've been able to live comfortably with my career choice and many of my peers that turned their nose at it have yet to find a good one. I volunteer on an advisory board for the trade school I graduated from, we have job fairs etc. trying to get more kids interested with not much success. Participation levels are still low, its hard to find anyone with an interest in anything you might get dirty doing.
    The crappy jobs you mention are mostly all they have. The American economy for people who do not have higher education is minimum wage or a little higher. Many shops start/and keep their employees about $15.00 per hour. It runs $12.00-$15.00 per hour average. That is not enough to live most places given all normal survivable expenses.

See how shops never invest much to employee development. These employers feel better just hiring from the outside. That is fine until now they complain about competency and for low pay like I mentioned earlier.

Plenty of improvement needed today. It boils down to “ Owners get comfortable income yet can not afford to pay a livable wage.” If a livable wage is not paid then there is anxiety and resentment for employees. It is not all the employers fault really as they like to take care of their employees at least a handful do. It is the economy or the system.

It is not the employers fault it is just how the economy of manufacturing is. Globalism is fully supported by the government to the extent that we are suffering now.

I clinch whenever anyone supports Communist China. The ones who do buy in to easy money and also our country being dependent on other countries. We all can now understand the real costs of globalism and decide to turn around.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

They're still coming to getcha Trumpy, .and they're gunna stick your head on the White House flag pole.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Limy Sami View Post
    They're still coming to getcha Trumpy, .and they're gunna stick your head on the White House flag pole.
    I have more respect for the flagpole than that...

Actually (and seriously) I hope we tone down the revolutionary rhetoric. It's playing into djt's hands, he'd like nothing better than to call all those against him radicals and anarchists.

I don't want to play his game, I want him out of office and subject to the full panoply of review and legal inquiries he deserves. Every malfeasance must come to light, and he and his cohort must pay the penalties.

20. Likes Hodge liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    I have more respect for the flagpole than that...

Actually (and seriously) I hope we tone down the revolutionary rhetoric. It's playing into djt's hands, he'd like nothing better than to call all those against him radicals and anarchists.

I don't want to play his game, I want him out of office and subject to the full panoply of review and legal inquiries he deserves. Every malfeasance must come to light, and he and his cohort must pay the penalties.

But isn't every one who disagrees with his point of view a traitorous, radical anarchist anyway?
    hopefully NY will be able to bring state charges.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=Gewehr 98;3559946]Says the guy who's been flipping his wig...

Coronavirus haircut, to you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Coronavirus haircut, to you!
    Hah - I gave myself a haircut three weeks ago, and it actually didn't come out that bad. I was a little nervous trying to use scissors (no clippers at hand), what with my terrible coordination and working in a mirror, but managed to avoid losing an ear.

As I wasn't brave enough to cut the back, I now have a mullet. I also have a craving to buy a case of Bud Light...

24. Likes bucktruck liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

doing fine on his own.
    Yup.

Yes he is. He's really good at that. What a shitheal.

But is HE bashing storeowners heads in with a 2x4?

Is HE spraypainting shit on the Lincoln Memorial?

You fuckwads that support this crap deserve what's coming.

I was NOT going to vote this November, but guess what?

I'm buying ammo, and voting.

And it aint for Joe Bite-me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

no one supports any of that here that ive seen.

but thanks for exemplifing some of the worst.
    in expressing so you probably just convinced 5 people to vote against Trump.

good for you.

27. Likes Milland liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    Fixed that for you. And as for the "Boomer" appellation - thanks for letting us know we're conversing with a simpleton.
    If you say so boomer Enjoy your haircut Fudd, got mine out in the real world (scary!).

I'll just sit back and watch who can out white knight the other, you, thorazine man from NY, or Subject of the Crown.

Orange man bad. Got it.

Heading out to tee off with my 2x4 and maybe burn a small business or two (after I loot it). Seems like the Democratic way of doing things these days.

29. Likes Oldwrench liked this post
    Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hah,they'll never get Trumpy...he s locked in the fuhrerbunker with enough ho' s to keep him busy for a month.