OT - opening up as best we can. AKA - is it still just the seasonal flu? - Page 76
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 76 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2666747576
Results 1,501 to 1,507 of 1507
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by PeteM View Post
    Could be that "The Last Refuge*" of conservatism has it right - that Gugino wanted to be able to get the radio ID of these officers. That, at least, is credible. Not so much, IMO, your leap to calling the entire accident fake news.

Personally, I'm in favor of a bit more transparency in most everything. All cops with cameras, for example, and on when they're on duty. It used to be we all could hear police and fire communications on a scanner. Now, they want them private -- sometimes but not always with good reason.

Kind of funny, don't you think, that the guy's basic premise -- that we have a Constitutional right to peacefully protest -- is something that "The Last Refuge" might well applaud -- if only he weren't from that "other" tribe? He'd probably be applauded if he was open carrying and protesting the use of a mask in public?

*On edit, a check on your source: The Last Refuge (Conservative Treehouse) - Media Bias/Fact Check This doesn't necessarily make them wrong; but maybe not where I'd turn for the daily news.
    I'm not a religious person, but there are a few good guidelines for civilization contained in the Ten Commandments.
    Only a couple of those are actual directives. "Don't bear false witness against your neighbor" is one that applies here.

The entire world is pitted against the cops because some fucktard old twat Bore false witness. It was a set up. The camera man was in on it.

I'm hopping mad at those turds. And anyone who buys in on it is stupid. Just STUPID.

And you PeteM, Are "in favor of a bit more transparency", while those two cops are up on charges that could mean 7 years in the slam if this farce is pulled off. And by today's news headlines, It's a done deal for the court of public opinion .
    I despise where you get off...

Stupid!

There are none so blind as those who would not see!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CalG View Post
    There are none so blind as those who would not see!
    Got it. You're definitely just having a laugh. Thanks for the confirmation, you had me worried...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So, to recap. An elderly US citizen thinks he has a Constitutional right to peacefully protest. His quote before showing up:

"Protests are exempt from curfews because Congress (and mayors) may make no laws that abridge the right of the people peaceably to assemble and complain to the government."

Must be a damn commie? Still, he wasn't also bringing along his AR-15, baseball bat, or threatening anyone. Just apparently attempting to chat up the officer as part of his protest. He might even have imagined he might get arrested?

But now we learn, this was a carefully orchestrated maneuver in which a 75 year old guy doing chemotherapy:

1) Prepares a super secret blood packet.
    2) Finds an officer who will shove him to the ground.
    3) Acrobatically flings himself to the ground with the skill of a Premier League soccer player
    4) Activates said blood packet with no one noticing -- precise, too.
    5) Arranges ahead of time for a national news organization to film him.
    6) Instinctively knows the cops will walk right by him laying and bleeding on the ground
    7) Then manages to get medics and a hospital to state he has serious injuries.
    8) And in all the world, apparently only one guy on PM sees through it all.

There will be an investigation. One might want to wait before it's complete before hurling accusations.

Sad situation for the officers, as well. Those who planned and commanded their sweep probably failed to anticipate, train, plan for peaceful resistance.

not exactly what I see there.
    what I saw was an old guy who was trying to get arrested.
    he got pushed and fell down,
    just happened to fall a bad way.
    don't see any baton swinging, punching, kicking, shooting.
    it was an accident just like when a protestor pushes a cop who happens to fall down.
    you want to see any protestor who accidental knocks a cop down prosecuted?
    that looked like the standard if they don't move on their own push em along.
    kind of what one expects when a crowd refuses to disperse.
    leaving him to the EMTs was the right thing to do
    a ham handed cop attempt at aid would probably have done more harm

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 72bwhite View Post
    don't see any baton swinging, punching, kicking, shooting. . . .
    Not sure what you're responding to?

I said nothing of "baton swinging, punching, kicking, shooting . . ." What you saw as "pushed" on the tape, I called a "shove." You really arguing about when "push" comes to "shove"??

What I did say was that in Cal's the-whole-thing-was "fake news" scenario the guy would have had to arrange to be shoved to the ground, fake the blood, conspire with the news, conspire with all the onlookers, conspire with the medics, the hospital that reported his condition, etc. The sequence was of the events required for this bit of video to actually be fake news.

And as I said for the officers, their own commanding officers stuck them between a rock and a hard place. When all is said and done, I suspect they'll get a slap on the wrist for bad PR. Be nice if the Buffalo chief learning something about handling peaceful protest along the way.

Main point was that "one might want to wait before it's complete (the investigation) before hurling accusations." Second point was that was this guy apparently wanted -- his Constitutiional rights to free speech and assembly -- isn't so much different than what many conservatives want -- the latter often in far more confrontational ways.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 72bwhite View Post
    don't see any baton swinging, punching, kicking, shooting.
    it was an accident just like when a protestor pushes a cop who happens to fall down.
    you want to see any protestor who accidental knocks a cop down prosecuted?
    that looked like the standard if they don't move on their own push em along.
    kind of what one expects when a crowd refuses to disperse.
    leaving him to the EMTs was the right thing to do
    a ham handed cop attempt at aid would probably have done more harm
    You don't see the fake blood?
    You don't see the "set up" with the camera man? The "Pan away so as not to show the fall, only the stumble?
    You believe the guy is hurt because of why? Hospital report? What hospital report? The one the 9lives wrote about?

Cops are being FRAMED, and you see it as "just happened to fall in a bad way" . IT's a set up made to inflame . And the media is promoting the falsehood, telling the lie so large that it will become truth. Right out of the play book.

Your being gullible just might get someone killed. "Would you want that for your 75 year old father ?" (to reference a previous comment on this topic)

Let me know the location of any property you might own, I know some fellows who want to fall down and twist a knee. That's going to really piss off your insurer. Can that analogy be any clearer?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Not sure what you're responding to?

I said nothing of "baton swinging, punching, kicking, shooting . . ." What you saw as "pushed" on the tape, I called a "shove." You really arguing about when "push" comes to "shove"??

What I did say was that in Cal's the-whole-thing-was "fake news" scenario the guy would have had to arrange to be shoved to the ground, fake the blood, conspire with the news, conspire with all the onlookers, conspire with the medics, the hospital that reported his condition, etc. The sequence was of the events required for this bit of video to actually be fake news.

And as I said for the officers, their own commanding officers stuck them between a rock and a hard place. When all is said and done, I suspect they'll get a slap on the wrist for bad PR. Be nice if the Buffalo chief learning something about handling peaceful protest along the way.

Main point was that "one might want to wait before it's complete (the investigation) before hurling accusations." Second point was that was this guy apparently wanted -- his Constitutiional rights to free speech and assembly -- isn't so much different than what many conservatives want -- the latter often in far more confrontational ways.
    actually we aren't far apart
    where we may differ is having the right to defy the curfew.
    and he was defiantly trying to provoke an arrest.
    it was defiantly intended to be for the benefit of the media.
    actually was agreeing that not fake news.
    however the way people have been carrying on you would think there was some
    massive beat down.
    also peaceful protestors don't bring a helmet along, you do that when you expect
    there to be violence

but to be honest after seeing another view on the news just now.
    I can see some of crazy cal's point about it looking staged,
    as in he was planing on falling on his butt and it went bad

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

curious how is fox news
    portraying things
    us commies tend not to watch that one.
    but you know might should on the days I'm a fascist.

I know when watching the events from the air live on the local news
    didn't always match up with what the network would put out