Login to Your Account
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Facebook price action after IPO:

And today:

"Who knew"?
    You didn't have to- just trade the chart and use it to inform entries in proven setups.

A long hold can do remarkable things- the breakout provides a natural defense- If the line is broken to downside- protect the position..

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Interesting that the short squeeze of GME is making crazy swings in price. Odd that perhaps 200% of the stock is owned by who knows who.
    But GME having $6.5b, 8.3b, 8.5b, 7.9b, 9.3b, 9.3b, annual revenues going from latest to past, and now showing the Last 4 quarters of 1.0b, 942k,1.0b and likely another 1.0b (when q1 20 is out)so likely the last 4 quarters of less than $4b might suggest that this outfit is short-lived.
    Still, the revenues per share would be about $57.00 down from about $79.0

I guess if I wanted to invest (not gamble) I would case out a few stores and see that I could find enough traffic/sales to keep the stores open. likely <30% profit on products so it would be easy to figure, likely $500 profits a day to break even so perhaps $1700 to $2000 in sales just for costs. I think I remember 19% margin on gaming stuff(?).

Could be that brick-and-mortar game stores can't make a profit by just selling stuff, with Amason having a warehouse full of robots doing the work.

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I read some time ago that Bloomberg had bought a significant stake (at around $5) ,and he and several other online business experts had been seconded to a comittee to transition the business online.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by john.k View Post
    I read some time ago that Bloomberg had bought a significant stake (at around $5) ,and he and several other online business experts had been seconded to a comittee to transition the business online.
    The thing which stands out for me is the buy in by Chewys Ryan Cohen.
    There is in fact some new blood coming on which could make a difference in the prospects for the company.

It was STILL a pump and dump story stock but in the long run...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trboatworks View Post
    The thing which stands out for me is the buy in by Chewys Ryan Cohen.
    you just never know, but I temper my views by remembering many of these guys worked hard and had lightening strike. That doesn't mean they are strategically brilliant, or that it will strike again. Look at Mr. Wonderful for example....built a crap business that sold to Mattel for billions in the dot.com mania....then proceeded to sue him because there was basically nothing there. Whats he done since (business wise)? Brilliant businessman? who knows, brilliant salesman for sure. I would say the same about Musk and bitcoin....lightening striking with a runaway dot come success does not give one broad business/economic acumen. None of these guys are in the league as say Warren Buffet in terms of knowledge and strategic thinking but the zeros garner them god like status with many followers.

Its slightly more than a rounding error for him but not enough to change his life. Maybe just ego, tired of all the other internet billionaires getting all the attention?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think that’s fair.

One of the ironies here is I remember the wild talk during the dot com bubble.
    “It would change EVERYTHING and even dog food sellers would become huge outfits.”

Well it did change everything but that first rally really sold off in 1999.
    I watch carefully when the market is guessing and price award is based on lots of what if’s etc.

Doesn’t the world already have huge online gaming companies.
    Something in China- I remember trading the sector years back.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

GME was losing money at 9 billion in sales, and now running at about 4 billion. The simple failure reason is that Amazon and the like can sell at a very low-profit margin of perhaps 13 % while GME with two or more people running the store needs perhaps 30% or more. Just wages $45 to $60 an hour, theft might run 5%, rent $8 to $10 an hour.
    It is not logical to think GEM can make it (stay in business with just selling stuff.
    Agree they (the company) could change the format and make stores an entertainment center with cult-like participation with such devotion that people would ignore paying 30% higher pieces for the very same merchandice, but I doubt they can pull that off.

The smart guys could see a squeeze play coming and knew the stock was likely to pop if any new buyers came on..then the excitement made it a gamble play with trying to let the dummy followers take it up to the fall.

The whole stock market often does the same thing, at the peak of the rise and with all the dummies jumping in the cork is pulled to fall 10 to 30%. Yes, I have been caught in the dummies group a number of times.

Oh! wait I just thought of how GME could make it. I wonder If Buffet would cut me a piece of the action if I told.

Warren, if you are on PM send me a private message and for a small cut, I will tell you my plan. Agree on no charge if you reject my idea...and you pay me nothing until it proves profitable.
    Yes it will work, Buck