What's new
What's new

Our Service economy??

JimGlass

Stainless
Most of us have heard our future economy will be less manufacturing and more service and information. If that is the plan then why is service and information more or less in the "tank" along with manufacturing right now? The current state of the economy proves one hand washes the other.

Am I missing something????
Jim

looks to me we are into "central planning", exactly where the communists came from before they collapsed into a black hole and the Berlin wall came down. They claimed the production preceeses were owned by the workers, but we know that one top idiot controlled it all.
We now have our top idiot controlling it all via one top computer where everything is comming together with all the other lower level computers, the whole thing making for central planning. One nut on the top claims to "we already know this all". So, the rest of us can just go home and don't worry, since everything is so well taken care of already for us.

We all have practical expereince with the details, like lean manufacturing, statistical quality control, mmoj (mass murder of jobs), and "weapons of mass destruction". Central planning is everywhere, and that may be the veru reason that maybe nothing at all has changed in Russia. The simply substitued CCP (communist central planning) for ACP (Do I have to tell you what this means?)

Modern computer technology makes central planning unavoidable (MCTMCPU for short)

all we have to do is wait for the next black hole to come by and swallow the whole planets economy (munchmunch).

I hope this helps.

to top it all of: artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

The only "services" that can't currently be outsourced to low(er) wage parts of the world are those which require personal physical contact . . . such as flipping hamburgers. Most or all cruise ship and cargo ship employees are non-USA citizens and the ships are registered in other nations to avoid USA wage rates and labor rules. More, far more than you think, of the telephone support centers for businesses such as aol, comcast, etc. are in India. Now my profession -- accounting -- is witnessing tax return preparation going there. India is heavily into software development and coding. Read one of Robert Heinlein's earlier stories -- "Waldo" -- and note that it is coming true. Second opinions (and first ones for that matter) on x-rays, cat scans, etc. are only an internet connection away. Not all those telemarketers and information operators whose accent keeps you from understanding them are recent immigrants to the USA. Many never left home. The move of good fabric manufacturing jobs from New England to the non-unionized south has long been over; most of those jobs are now in the "third world". And what does that leave for our children and grandchildren? :-( Charles

Back