What's new
What's new

The Pacific War

Status
Not open for further replies.

john.k

Diamond
Local gunshop says the only Oz powder manufacturer is not making reloader powders due to big orders for shells ,rockets and bombs....for the Pacific War.....and now I see the govt is talking about it....No wonder the price of scrap metals has rocketed.....War is always a good cure for recession.....if you re on the winning side.

Local gunshop says the only Oz powder manufacturer is not making reloader powders due to big orders for shells ,rockets and bombs....for the Pacific War.....and now I see the govt is talking about it....No wonder the price of scrap metals has rocketed.....War is always a good cure for recession.....if you re on the winning side.

anyone see a problem with this? im calling BS.

"reloader powders" are not used in rockets and bombs....or in "shells" . they might be used as propellant in smaller artillery and cannon rounds, but the vast quantities that were needed in the days of 15", 16", 18" battleship main guns, and the even more numerous destroyer 5,6,8" guns, are simply not needed in the age of guided missiles.

also, the military procurement pipeline is a very different from the reloader market, and is many, MANY tons grater than that market, I don't see how it could be affected.

I was out at the Cape Henlopen shore battery site on the southern side of the Delaware Bay over the weekend.
They have a nice display and an old 16” battleship barrel set out to represent the gun which had been there during the war.

They cited 660 pounds of powder to toss one of the shells out to max range.

If it's going to be a war with China, your going to be in an internment camp with the Uighars in very short order.

If there's a Pacific war you Aussies are so fucked, I wonder if the Chinese will practice on you first before they go for the real prize Taiwan. How long do you think it'll take before your overrun by the PLA, couple a days, a week or two?

----------------------------------------------------------------

I see the UK is sending a Carrier force to the far east, that's really going to have the Chinese worried.

British name enormous carrier strike group heading for the Indo-Pacific

from the article (you couldn't make this shit up)
The deployment accounts for a significant portion of a Royal Navy surface fleet which totals only 19 frigates and destroyers.

Eight British F-35B Lightning strike aircraft will be deployed on the carrier, with the bigger part of the warship’s fast-jet strike force made up of 10 US Marine Corp F-35s.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess I better visit Australia before it becomes a Chinese colony, luckily I know a smattering of Chinese (hello, goodbye, where's the whore house, do you have Tsingtoa etc), and I like Chinese food

They are the only nitric acid manufacturer in the country,and all the stuff needs nitric acid ....owned by the French too,strange...Thales - Thomsen.

rocket propellant typically doesn't use nitrate based formulae, high explosives usually do, but nitric acid is so easily produced, and in such large quantities, for so many different industries, I just don't see how a sudden high demand for HE could throw the world market off.

also, this would be the first time in human history that government and industry anticipated an upcoming conflict and intelligently prepared for it, that would be quite impressive actually.

hope you are wrong for all our sakes!

Intelligent? Prepared? Naaa ,cant be the Oz govt.....this has got to be a stunt to decoy the media away from all the butthurt wimmin that the AG got to....30 years ago,mind you.....Trump was smart ,he paid for his wimmin.....Anyhoo,the Oz gov is upping the ante by cancelling the 99 year lease they gave the Chinese on a port next to the US Naval base ....way to rile them up some more.Have to get EG to teach me the Chinese national anthem.

The OP really does not make sense. I think this will be locked. It is so bad it makes me feel sorry for the Chinese.

john k - pardon my French, but are your guys even dumber than the US guys ? China buys about 80 billion $$ a year more from Oz than they sell to you. Keep acting like toadies and that goes down the drain. The US sells 28 billion a year more to you than they buy.

Which one is your friend ?

I can understand the US being stupid, they think they can control the world through threats - see above ^ ha ha cute (but stupid, 'my dick's bigger than your dick, my dick's bigger than yours ho ho ho') - but what do you get out of it ? You're just shooting yourselves in the feet by being stooges for the fat kid on the playground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back