What's new
What's new

Passing the buck onto the little guys again..

Interesting article. The part at the end was the kicker - the supplier was prepared to pay 3 times the going rate for 'mercenaries.' How long would he do this for? I bet his lads are not amused. The mercenaries are probably not as bad as the lads think they are, but is a bit of an insult.The 'agent/recruiter' probably makes more than the temp. It would be interesting to know what the temps skill sets are.

I've always figured the 'can't see past the end of our nose' of this JIT mentality is the mental construct of some people who don't know what it's like to get your hands dirty and that real shit, in the real world, takes time to make. It's easy, I suppose, to speculate how profitable JIT seems to be when you've got lots of product from the old paradigm sitting there waiting to be incorporated into new product. But then, I heard there were some management geniuses throwing out stuff that wasn't being used, just because they couldn't foresee what was coming up. But nobody is likely admitting that they are being screwed over by their own shortsightedness.

Back