Results 2,341 to 2,360 of 2972

Thread: Recession?

Country
    CAYMAN ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Limy Sami View Post
    Well bless your little cotton socks, ...…… I am so terribly pleased for you, …….and look forward to the day when you will undoubtedly be a multi billionaire, run for, .and obviously become President Of The United States Of America.
    Well hes got the repeat repeat repeat bit down, essential skill for any leader of state

If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.

2. Likes jancollc, e-fishin-c liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ries ..
    The US dollar is not anymore seen as the safest place to park wealth via US gov. bonds. for sovereign governments.

For about 3 years there has been increasing movement to decouple from the dollar by russia and china, in oil and bilateral trade and large national development projects globally.

But for china and russia and somewhat the other nations to openly state so would be total stupidity.
    Instead they do ever more bilateral trades and more large infrastructure projects together.

And the more the US complains and threatens, the less other nations want to rely on US goodwill and the US $ and US rule-of-law.

The US hinting at maybe not paying china the interest on US gov. bonds is a total doomsday weapon.
    Likewise, Mr D.Trump hinting that the US might not really guarantee Saudi House of Saud Security in the future. Unless.
    Madness, total madness.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Demon73 View Post
    Well hes got the repeat repeat repeat bit down, ]”
    And don't we know it

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mcgyver View Post
    Why would you work for no pay when everything is booming? Seems kind of daft.
    Do to the measures that I have outlined earlier, I'm not in a slump. When things do slow-down for me, perhaps as early as October, my business will be well prepared. I have a list of projects and new products to develop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

October huh? …………..just in time for this years election.

Watch this space.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Limy Sami View Post
    October huh? …………..just in time for this years election.

Watch this space.
    I'm not very concerned with political events. My main priority is to stay healthy, improve my business and to continue to be profitable.

If you base your business decisions in accordance with political events... there is a soup line waiting for you.

8. Likes jancollc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by otrlt View Post
    I'm not very concerned with political events. .....
    People forever have asked me about elections or who is president as a business owner.
    I always say I that I have never seen any difference.
    Personal opinions may make me vote one way or the other but the business of making money does not care or change no matter the talking heads.
    I started with Nixon and have seen no change due to who was in charge or agendas.
    The president, house and senate do not control the economy as much as they like to talk about it and claim or blame.
    Now Jack Welch, Roger Smith and this sort had real power and one paid attention to their plans as that was bottom line.
    People get would up so tight over politics or who is in office and I just do not understand why. They come and they go and life goes on.
    All great to root for and support your guy or gal but it's like pissing down your leg in the end.
    I just do not understand the fever some have one side or other.
    I don't know if I am republican or democrat, right or left... both speak to my heart at times, both piss me off.

Neither side or political position runs the economy in the USA and controls growth or retraction. The system is bigger and does not care.
    Bob

10. Likes otrlt, Demon73, jancollc liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CarbideBob View Post
    People forever have asked me about elections or who is president as a business owner.
    I always say I that I have never seen any difference.
    Personal opinions may make me vote one way or the other but the business of making money does not care or change no matter the talking heads.
    I started with Nixon and have seen no change due to who was in charge or agendas.
    The president, house and senate do not control the economy as much as they like to talk about it and claim or blame.
    Now Jack Welch, Roger Smith and this sort had real power and one paid attention to their plans as that was bottom line.
    People get would up so tight over politics or who is in office and I just do not understand why. They come and they go.
    Bob
    Well said Bob,
    Thank you for showing some class during this struggle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I see " Rolls-Royce " aren't as rosy about their future prospects.

Regards Tyrone.

13. Likes Limy Sami liked this post
    Country
    CAYMAN ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

15. Likes barbter, SND liked this post
    Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I wish Billy Boy would fuk right off.
    He's been a right royal PITA since Windows '95

Edit: And it's noticeable how he's so much more in the limelight now that Epstein is out the way :whistling:

17. Likes SND liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    I wish Billy Boy would fuk right off.
    He's been a right royal PITA since Windows '95

Edit: And it's noticeable how he's so much more in the limelight now that Epstein is out the way :whistling:
    Do you want him to go with my best mate, my invisible best mate?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by camscan View Post
    You've not been taking your medication again!

20. Likes barbter liked this post
    Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by camscan View Post
    He'll be back next week.
    Promise!

22. Likes Limy Sami liked this post
    Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I know it's hard to believe...I was shocked.
    Shocked, I tell you!
    UK gov creating 128 false NHS staff social media accounts with stolen photos to spread their own gov propaganda!
    I'm still totally shocked
    https://twitter.com/jdpoc/status/1252266724449230848

24. Likes Demon73, jancollc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The federal government (and thus elected officials) can directly impact segments of the economy, with regulations, permitting, tax policies, etc.

Especially in energy production (ethanol, pipelines, air-quality standards, etc.), the federal and state governments can have immense effect on the private economy.

Having grown up and living in the Appalachian region where coal and natural gas production are a big part of the regional economies, it’s easy to understand why myself and so many others vote out of consideration for their wallets...

ToolCat

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CarbideBob View Post
    Neither side or political position runs the economy in the USA and controls growth or retraction. The system is bigger and does not care.
    Bob
    What my late uncle used to call the "disconnected ship's wheel." You have politicians and captains of industry at the helm, moving the wheel
    this way, and that way. Right, left, center. It's not hooked up to anything. The ship goes wherever it wants to.

Republicans care about giving money to rich people. Democrats care about poor people.

Carter got blown out of office because of the oil thing in the 70s. Trump will get blown out of office over the virus thing. Neither caused the
    underlying global issue but got tarred by the brush. Trump's up there moving the wheel right, left, right, left. Probably would help if if
    he kept his mouth shut once in a while.

That's not happening.

27. Likes tim9lives, JoeE. liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cnctoolcat View Post
    The federal government (and thus elected officials) can directly impact segments of the economy, with regulations, permitting, tax policies, etc.

Especially in energy production (ethanol, pipelines, air-quality standards, etc.), the federal and state governments can have immense effect on the private economy.
    I've always held that the gov't has a lot of power to harm the economy, but very little to help.

Get out of the way, the private sector will do what it does best.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cnctoolcat View Post

Having grown up and living in the Appalachian region where coal and natural gas production are a big part of the regional economies, it’s easy to understand why myself and so many others vote out of consideration for their wallets...

ToolCat

You might like the new Michael Moore (producer this time) documentary "Planet of the Humans." Skipped the the theaters and is now free on YouTube. It skewers much of the left's approach to energy.

Not a very accurate film and overly emotional in many ways, but I think they got the slam on "renewable biomass" right. The bit on solar, other than the requirement for base capacity, is mostly wrong IMO. Have to do life cycle costing - totally absent in this film.

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by PeteM View Post
    You might like the new Michael Moore (producer this time) documentary "Planet of the Humans." Skipped the the theaters and is now free on YouTube. It skewers much of the left's approach to energy.

Not a very accurate film and overly emotional in many ways...
    From what I remember, my take was it was more accurate than not.
    Unfortunately