Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

7cc84534-088e-45ed-934c-9ba6a33e766a.jpg

2. Likes Oldwrench liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

“People read science in the same way they used to read the bible, skimming through looking for bits that prove them right and ignoring all other bits”
    -Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    There is a nasty strain of it, but the vast majority is the flue.
    The UK (ONS) were double counting at one stage - counting deaths as Covid and also deaths as Covid-19. So the figures were high.
    I've already said in Spain there's a lot of doctors saying that the numbers aren't real - and the RENAVE figures i posted back ago showed a 300% difference, between their figures, and the worldometer figures.
    I'm not for one minute taking away the fact that deaths are bad news.
    But the reporting is a shambles.
    Different countries doing it differently, UK having Covid19 on certs because the patient "probably had it", USA the same and medicare paying for Covid on death certs which will bang the numbers higher.
    The data is a shambles.
    Here's a little graph of the UK curve and when the gov announced washing hands is a good thing and when Boris announced the lockdown
    And what a nasty little fascist bastard Haimes is, look the little c't up! ...……...another one only interested in one thing - money in his pocket.

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Limy Sami View Post
    And what a nasty little fascist bastard Haimes is, look the little c't up! ...……...another one only interested in one thing - money in his pocket.
    I was only looking at the graph Sam - haven't looked at whoever Haimes is.
    But the graph showed supposedly good data (Imperial College London) - corresponds to the wash hands campaign - but shows now that the curve was well on the way down before lockdown.
    Are you saying the graph is wrong - inaccurate then?

So what do we do?
    All stay in a box, shaking and worried to death about something with a 99.9+% survival rate while the world is crumbling, or manage it by getting back to work/social distancing/being careful etc?
    There's already more than half of the UK now trying to suck on the government teet - holy fuck. How bad is this going to get?

And ref shit data - here's a bit of Italy.
    YouTube

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

“ But the graph showed supposedly good data (Imperial College London) - corresponds to the wash hands campaign - but shows now that the curve was well on the way down before lockdown.
    Are you saying the graph is wrong - inaccurate then?”

In your own words - what does the graph represent?
    Did you confirm that the data is accurate?
    Did you present the thesis you believe it represents to a broader valid data set.
    Did you go and research what the ICL has to say:
    Coronavirus | Search | Imperial College London

Charlatan trees bear fruit during crisis.
    That fruit is poisonous and generally falls to rot on the ground after things have settled.

Don’t eat the fruit from charlatan trees..

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trboatworks View Post
    “ But the graph showed supposedly good data (Imperial College London) - corresponds to the wash hands campaign - but shows now that the curve was well on the way down before lockdown.
    Are you saying the graph is wrong - inaccurate then?”

In your own words - what does the graph represent?
    Did you confirm that the data is accurate?
    Did you present the thesis you believe it represents to a broader valid data set.

Charlatan trees bear fruit during crisis.
    That fruit is poisonous and generally falls to rot on the ground after things have settled.

Don’t eat the fruit from charlatan trees..
    To me....It's showing what I already said and you quoted - the peak is well behind.
    I'm not interested at all in trying to present a thesis I believe or don't believe.
    We're all having a discussion here but it is very difficult to see what is actual and factual because data is all to fuck.
    Charlatans - we have all our govs and media growing enough trees to give Brazil a run for its money.
    I want to breathe the air outside my gate.
    Unless the virus is airborne, I won't and can't catch it. There's hardly anyone here and it's easy to keep away from all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

9. Likes triumph406 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The next print on this series is gonna be a doozy....

8f212c44-6688-45fd-b373-f95d38453318.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CarbideBob View Post
    Yes, [B]there is no excuse on earth for this behavior ....
    Except by trump: "LIBERATE MICHIGAN" is what he said I believe. That asshole is encouraging those morons.
    And everyone is suprised this happens.... not.

12. Likes Greg White liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trboatworks View Post
    “People read science in the same way they used to read the bible, skimming through looking for bits that prove them right and ignoring all other bits”
    -Mike
    The really cool thing about science is, it works whether you believe in it, or not!

Is this thing just the sniffles, is it just going to MAGICALLY SOMEDAY GO AWAY, can you kill it by injecting bleach or drinking lysol, was it
    invented in some lab and deliberately released, it's only 'just the flu' or maybe something different?

Count the coffins.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeteM View Post
    SARS-CoV-2 is a bit different than the normal flu. Those seriously affected end up with a "cytokine storm" in their lungs. Their X-rays can show almost complete fluid in the lungs (pneumonia not usually so widespread).

It has been compared to death by water boarding - gasping for air and not getting it to the end. Only saving grace is those in hospitals, on ventilators, will also be heavily sedated. Some, like the report of a nurse in the prime of her life, have died at home and alone.
    I quoted Sami because I wanted an answer form Sami.

and I asked about the flu, not sars.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gustafson View Post
    Just keep repeating lies until they are true,eh?Attachment 287780

Where do they come up with the bodies, huh?

shippen em in from all over

[edit] read the graph, that is ~800 more deaths from Covid and the average of all other causes of death

it aint the flu
    Thankfully for me I've had the chance to talk with a friend who's been front line on this since day 1, so at this point I'm taking mostly the real world info vs BS being spread on the net and MSM TV and graphs that keep being wrong about everything.
    I also know from another source I trust, that a lot of elderly people dying in care homes are all being put as Chinese Flu even if it isn't, and that is where most of our deaths here are being counted. Almost none in hospital, as almost nobody needed to actually be hospitalized, and most who are don't need ventilators. Well over 99% are beating it fine at home, and most of us will never be tested or ever know we had it so that number is likely way higher. Sure it is dangerous for some people at high risk, but so are a lot of other flus and a lot of other things.

Now it is possible that US and Italian citizens are many times less healthy than the rest of the world and have poorer immune systems and that our 90yr olds are much tougher than yours. So maybe work on that and improve your diet and smoke less, or maybe look deeper for the truth in case you're being bullshitted, and then try to figure out the why...

But eh, if you want to keep rooting for the virus go for it.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I would not be surprised of a huge rally tomorrow in the Dow Industrials. The Nasdaq is clearly in rally mode.

the shorts will be crushed tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I was very early in on building vents, but as I consulted further with respiratory surgeons, therapists, and virologists, I came to learn that it is more of a blood disease.
    The vents are causing (for the most part) more damage than good.

While I had offered my spindle time, and manufacturing experience as a donation towards what I thought was a noble effort, I began to realize the astounding number of people\organizations taking advantage of the situation to soak up FUNDING.

Now today the US military posted notice that anyone that has tested positive, and even recovered is no longer acceptable for recruitment.

The virus does exist. It does hit some people HARD. And there is a whole lot we dont know about the entire situation.
    Im afraid we likely will never know.

Ill tell you right now, Canada is a raging dumpster fire.....

18. Likes Limy Sami liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jim rozen View Post
    Except by trump: "LIBERATE MICHIGAN" is what he said I believe. That asshole is encouraging those morons.
    And everyone is suprised this happens.... not.

Those statehouse cops should have opened fire on those gun wielding nutjobs.

If they'd have been black men, we'd be having a whole different discussion~ but maybe black men wouldn't be so ignorant and wouldn't have done that stupid shit in the first place.

20. Likes Greg White liked this post
    Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

meanwhile,those advocating a hands off policy on the virus ,can follow whats happening in Brazil.

22. Likes Limy Sami, gustafson, Mcgyver, metlmunchr liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by macds View Post
    I was very early in on building vents, but as I consulted further with respiratory surgeons, therapists, and virologists, I came to learn that it is more of a blood disease.
    The vents are causing (for the most part) more damage than good.

While I had offered my spindle time, and manufacturing experience as a donation towards what I thought was a noble effort, I began to realize the astounding number of people\organizations taking advantage of the situation to soak up FUNDING.

Now today the US military posted notice that anyone that has tested positive, and even recovered is no longer acceptable for recruitment.

The virus does exist. It does hit some people HARD. And there is a whole lot we dont know about the entire situation.
    Im afraid we likely will never know.

“ Now today the US military posted notice that anyone that has tested positive, and even recovered is no longer acceptable for recruitment.”

Yes this underscores the pandemic. There is a lot that we will find out over time and not as it happens. Consider that even with the stay home orders that this uptick in deaths was growing and very likely the measures did some good yet I feel that even though it has to happen at some point once it eases the public may ease up on the guidelines. It is very difficult to follow them all and there are conflicting orders and little protective supplies.

Take your temperature today and I will be amazed and ask you how you got a thermometer Right? As long as we are not fighting the virus in the hospital and we are not completely broke then it is a nice outlet to get on PM.

The business stimulus is interesting it looks as if those who really are not the problem on the street scooped up funds. This is nothing new. Complaining about people getting unemployment always happens even during a national emergency.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by macds View Post
    Lots of parts of it you could describe that way before Covid.....can you be a bit more specific?

As for Covid, I get the sense we're getting back to work (the proverbial 'we', at my firm we never stopped). Retail/service is starting to open up a bit, roads a bit busier etc

25. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SND View Post
    Thankfully for me I've had the chance to talk with a friend who's been front line on this since day 1,
    So your ONE friend knows all

foolishness

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by john.k View Post
    meanwhile,those advocating a hands off policy on the virus ,can follow whats happening in Brazil.

Its a bizzaire thing but sadly less so everyday....meaning its again this manifestation of popular ignorance. WHO calls it the 'infodemic'. Anyone who can run a google search is an expert and their view on whatever is just as valid has he with advanced education and is in the profession. Kind of a different take on idiocracy.

Its exacerbated by poor leadership and their lack of credibility. For example, I have zero confidence in what our idiot says which sort of psychologically manifests though the chain of command....if the head guy is such dim wit how am I supposed to believe those down the line are much better? Poor leadership produces an erosion of credibility of the whole notion of leadership.

Then again huge percentages our society believe all kinds of nonsense with no evidence or science, so why should this be any better? otoh, when a (mostly) developed country starts using ice rinks to stack the bodies up on, what sort of mind concludes "oh its no big deal"?
    Last edited by Mcgyver; 05-08-2020 at 11:35 AM.

28. Likes Trboatworks liked this post