Login to Your Account
Page 132 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,640 of 2973

Thread: Recession?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by otrlt View Post
    ...the market will do what it must to prove the majority wrong.
    Nope, the market works to fuck individuals over. Lesson in that for *you*.

2. Likes Limy Sami, Trueturning liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trueturning View Post
    Sorry to say but it is true one way or another the government rarely has done a very good job. Imagine seeing the trade going overseas for so long aided by the government. Then add to that H1B visas to a growing amount each year their call was “We can not find any workers they are not qualified we must pay everyone lower” Well Bill Gates and many brought them in like droves and we watched as American workers were taxed like hell and punished by declining opportunities. They were structural problems and bitterly intentional.

What we ended up with as far as the survivors in the trade became like you see here those who constantly tear down their country no one remembers what America was like before Globalism. It started speeding up under Clinton and kept going until even presidents even believed there was nothing that would ever change it especially not any of the trade policies.

Respect your country always. At least we have relative peace if we would just be a little or a lot more discerning about the wars we wage.
    Hey....you just barely touched the surface. Not only did they push HB1 visas. Those running our government also told every high school student....you must go to college. No such thing as learning a trade.
    And then....don’t kid yourself. The GOP and Trump today may be the ones against immigration....but twenty years ago when George Bush had a majority in both houses....They voted down his proposed fix of immigration. And he had a damned good plan. Why you ask...Because the major home building corporations were more than happy importing cheap Latino labor to build all the houses.
    I blame our government for the heroin epidemic. Think about it. If you were a recent high school graduate and had no future. No job and no prospects for marriage or a family....because not many women worth a crap are happy living with a guy who lives in mom and dad’s basement. Think about yourself in those shoes. Of course America would face a drug usage epidemic. No future so you self medicate. If not heroin...than it would have been alcohol. Our government has failed us on so many levels.
    The role of government is to serve the people. The role of government is NOT to serve special interests with the fattest wallet. Yet...our government has been serving the special interests. Not us...the people.
    Last edited by tim9lives; 05-23-2020 at 12:13 PM.

4. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jim rozen View Post
    Hah. Suspect that at one time or another folks would be damn happy to have beets. Stalingrad, for one...

...now storing two bins of dry cat food instead of one. Idea being we could in principle eat the cats if we had to....
    Tastes like chicken, though ya might wanna check the cat food ingredients first.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This is exactly why the market behaves as it does. As I have said before; the market will do what it must to prove the majority wrong.

that includes many of the fools that think we're going into a Depression.

Better stock-up on rice and beans you sheepish idiots.
    If you're such a f'kn hotshot playing the markets, just WTF are you doing breaking your back, bank balance and getting your hands dirty in the machining business?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Limy Sami View Post
    If you're such a f'kn hotshot playing the markets, just WTF are you doing breaking your back, bank balance and getting your hands dirty in the machining business?

Working hard is very satisfying to me.

I "print money" with my dirty hands.

8. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The resurgence of US Manufacturing is accelerating, for those that want to choose to participate, you will be glad that you didn't listen to the "experts".

10. Likes SND liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I "print money" with my dirty hands.
    My uncle made big money. About 1/8 inch too big all the way around, he got caught....

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jim rozen View Post
    My uncle made big money. About 1/8 inch too big all the way around, he got caught....

He should have called them something like mortgage-backed derivatives . . . apparently no one really knows what those are supposed to look like.

13. Likes Trueturning, tim9lives liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Another installment in “Would you guys make up your minds- are we drowning in crude or running out?”...

I could post a chart...

Oil’s sudden rebound Is exposing Achilles’ heel of shale - HoustonChronicle.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The resurgence of US Manufacturing is accelerating, for those that want to choose to participate, you will be glad that you didn't listen to the "experts".
    where did they find this guy?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mcgyver View Post
    One has no idea but he sure is positive thinking....That not all bad thing now.
    Bob

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No one will say yet but just wait the dam looks leaky.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CarbideBob View Post
    Bob
    Really how many do you know like this? Be frank and honest.

Remember this thread started well before this decline and he ignores it completely to just boast. He gives few detailed analysis or viewpoints.

Watch him boast all you want I doubt he is that bold because he does not live in Texas.

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

How about "Certificates for Difference".....I could never figure out what that meant.....so I sunk the inheritance into it /them anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CarbideBob View Post
    Bob
    Do you think so? Your posts are general thoughtful, i.e. full of thought. do you see his that way? Big difference between PMA and la-la land

I AM a positive thinker. Get up early, work hard, try new stuff, try to keep learning and striving, see the glass as half full and really believe Leacocks line about luck - the harder you work the more you'll have of it. I put my money into a manufacturing business, I have to be positive and optimistic every day or the air seeps out of the balloon.

But I don't spout off fantasizing about rainbows and unicorns or make clueless shit up I couldn't possible know.
    Last edited by Mcgyver; 05-25-2020 at 11:19 AM.

21. Likes metlmunchr, Tyrone Shoelaces liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trueturning View Post
    Remember this thread started well before this decline and he ignores it completely to just boast. He gives few detailed analysis or viewpoints.
    Also him: 'eat shit, a million flies can't be wrong!'

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This exactly what I wrote (8-2019) when I started this thread;

"Personally, I would like to see a slowdown so that I can purchase machinetools at a discount, but what I currently see is an acceleration in manufacturing."

Although I have purchase a machinetool and lots of tooling during this crisis, I still see a strong manufacturing resurgence in the US. For many in other countries that continue to argue my statements, I understand very well that things are not good everywhere, but I can only say what I know about business "in the USA".

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Do you think so? Your posts are general thoughtful, i.e. full of thought. do you see his that way? Big difference between PMA and la-la land
    Perhaps but has it even been possible to loose money in the market in the last 60 days.
    How?
    I sure believed in a drop or at least a test but the fed pours money without end to banks which buy, buy, buy.
    Prices are so disconnected now but as long as than money comes in...may as well collect.
    20 to 30 percent profit in 60 days is nothing to sneeze at.
    The fall and time to get out was so obvious that only "widows and orphans" were caught, the time to buy back maybe not and it may not hold but now seems stable even though facts do not support it.
    The new player never seen at this level is free money.
    Families that worked and made perhaps 50-60K a year with two wage earners are now looking at 80K a year to stay home.
    People in this group do not put money in savings.
    Bob

25. Likes SND liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Testing resistance..?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trboatworks View Post
    Testing resistance..?
    Why would you not draw line starting with the low 2009, in which case its clearly broken the tread line. Even as the line is drawn, its looks like its broken the trend line, tested would be more hovering about it, no?