Results 2,681 to 2,700 of 2972

Thread: Recession?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by otrlt View Post
    You are absolutely correct Bob,
    The Bulls love chaos/mayhem and riots.
    um, hey there market/industrial oracle/genius, don't you mean the Bears?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mcgyver View Post
    Just because you know this. And that would be why they're laying thousands off and airlines can't find enough parking spaces on the ground.

rather a bit of a brain dead waste of time.
    Demand for aircraft is still very strong ? Tell that to " Rolls-Royce ". Maybe these new aircraft don't need engines.

Regards Tyrone.

3. Likes tim9lives liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

um, hey there market/industrial oracle/genius, don't you mean the Bears?
    Hello Mygyver,
    The answer to your question is NO.

These recent events are extraordinarily Bullish for stocks.

just wait and see.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Can there be a recession and the markets continue to go up?
    Can stocks and values be disconnected from the base street economy?
    Can we have a depression of a year or two and stocks do not fall?
    History say no but these times are so different.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hello Mygyver,
    The answer to your question is NO.

These recent events are extraordinarily Bullish for stocks.
    read what you wrote: "The Bulls love chaos/mayhem and riots. "

7. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CarbideBob View Post
    Hi Bob,
    Your questions are valid. Are we in recession? perhaps for a quarter, maybe 2. However, I do see a powerful demand for industrial products in the fall and beyond. This event will give many suppliers of equipment the chance too at least catch-up.

To answer this question; "Can we have a depression of a year or two and stocks do not fall?",
    WallStreet knows that this is not a coming depression. What it is signaling is a huge increase in US manufacturing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

7024d645-1a38-4156-8d82-1ea14d131777.jpg

10. Likes PeteM, red beard liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

read what you wrote: "The Bulls love chaos/mayhem and riots. "
    You don't get Mygyver,

just read the tape, not now, but in a week or two

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trboatworks View Post
    7024d645-1a38-4156-8d82-1ea14d131777.jpg

Despite your mangled interpretation of Dow Theory, the markets grind higher.

Don't quit your day job

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CarbideBob View Post
    Bob,
    It may actually be the case that large corporations may have gotten enough money from the government to make it through. Small business on a smaller scale. This money is to save the golden goose and that is our system of business.

This is emergency stuff. Money from the government is fine if needed yet in the stock market realize that if business does not return to normal who makes money on stocks if companies are not making money? I think for a while there are those who will make money yet this is not very sustainable.

Most any country is effected the same way. Looking at their experience we might better learn what all the concerns are. They have to be based on reality. Just a freeze on bills is not very likely. Everyone knows this is not wished away. Pray that the unemployed still have relief or society can tip over.

The Spanish flu is the best model we have to understand besides the Great Depression. We are in the dark even though our government might very well know what will happen-thus the bailout/stimulus. It does not protect the vast working class people very well. We will see opinions are differing and many.

14. Likes tim9lives liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You don't get Mygyver,

j
    I dont 'get' you, that's for sure. Based on you, I assumed you didn't know the meaning of bull and bear, but I guess you actually think mayhem is good news for the long side.

But you can't state your view with a bit rational or logic, you have to play the fool and make another idiotic unsupported statement on behalf of all Longs.

Its really something that you presume to speak for all who are long (bulls) and claim they love riots and mayhem. You might be that f'd up, but how dare you speak anyone but your yourself especially with such a terrible characterization.

16. Likes tim9lives liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Don't quit your day job
    Why so sour?
    It’s just a bit of humor about market dynamics.

In long right now because the market is bull.
    No big deal- lots of people are long right now.
    Stop patting yourself on the back So hard- you might fall on your face.

There is more to our communities than the markets.
    Right now there is hard pain and suffering.
    Markets don’t care?

Well then fuck the markets.
    There are much more important things happening in our businesses and lives.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trboatworks View Post
    Another installment in “Would you guys make up your minds- are we drowning in crude or running out?”...

I could post a chart...

Oil’s sudden rebound Is exposing Achilles’ heel of shale - HoustonChronicle.com
    America has a lot of crude oil in the 85.00 barrel range.

Probably a hell of a lot more 120.00 crude.

Let it fall to 40.00 a barrel.....and then your answer is no...and yes we’re running out at that price.

Now natural gas is another thing entirely. We’ve got a lot of cheap nat gas which benefits manufacturing.

19. Likes Trboatworks liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Don't quit your day job
    The Federal Reserve is printing money overtime. They are then using that money to buy US bonds. Guesstimates are that about One Trillion has been already pumped indirectly into the Stock Markets. Nothing really new or hidden in the fact that there has been a program called “Market Stabilization Program” for decades now. It was meant to be a short term boost....pump up on Black Friday sort of days. Unfortunately no one has any specifics on it.... but numerous newsletters complained or praised it when it was first talked about. God only knows what goes on now.

But, the Federal Reserve is incredibly powerful ....hence, don’t fight the Fed. It’s an amazing house of cards which the Federal Reserve has so far been able to keep afloat. But....all currencies are fiat now. Nothing is backed by gold. And....as the way they’ve been doing it...there was always some fairness in the currency exchange designs. Most of the world has played by the rules. Until China showed up. They just cheat. It’s in their nature In my opinion. Not directly saying they’re dishonorable.... but they do know that the design of the system as it is gives America a hedge. So the Chinese just say screw you. And they cheat. And America and Europe has been saying okay....we’re bending over.

Anyway...my take is that all of that Democracy and freedom stuff is a big part of why America gets away with the world having confidence in us. Once we tell the world...screw you....we’re first and you’re on your own....problems arise. Confidence wavers.

FWIW.....when I was into trading gold futures....I spent night and day reading all of this garbage. Bottom line.....my take is that as long as we can keep confidence in our system....then the Fed will win in the end. But....make no mistake. It’s a house of cards. And could collapse instantly. If it did collapse than America will sink the Western World with our sinking ship overnight. So honestly...I don’t see it collapsing. What’s going to replace it. Not the Chinese Yuan. The dollar and Us ain’t perfect....but a hell of a lot better than China’s financial systems. And take away Hong Kong....you got nothing. And as bad as I think Trump is...at least we’re not building islands wherever we want. Plus we’re guaranteeing worldwide free trade....keeping shipping lanes open and such.

So Europe doesn’t want us to sink. None of our allies want us to sink. AND THIS IS WHY DONALD TRUMP IS SO DANGEROUS. He constantly alienates American Allies. That’s not a wise thing to do.....because once confidence in America evaporates.....then we loose US Dollar Hedge-money reserve status. The world then loses confidence in the Super Power Status of the United States. And the dollar collapses. It’s a very well connected thing.....
    The US Super-power military absolutely supports the confidence in the US Federal Reserve. And that’s why the Fed gets away with printing money and then pumping that money into our stock markets.

We are connected to the rest of the world. We must support our Allies. We must support the World Health Organization. And we must have a strong space program.

I’ll add...like I say...it’s all connected. There is no way America can close its doors....stop immigration....stop supporting its allies..... And THEN —- Maintain it’s Super-Power Status then supporting its Federal Reserve. Because if we did close our borders and ignored our allies....then the Federal Reserve will crash and burn. The House of Cards collapses guys. Don’t you get that yet.
    Last edited by tim9lives; 06-02-2020 at 01:51 AM. Reason: Better explanation

21. Likes theperfessor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by tim9lives View Post
    America has a lot of crude oil in the 85.00 barrel range.

Probably a hell of a lot more 120.00 crude.

Let it fall to 40.00 a barrel.....and then your answer is no...and yes we’re running out at that price.

Now natural gas is another thing entirely. We’ve got a lot of cheap nat gas which benefits manufacturing.

I think that is a very astute market assessment.

The demand supply curves are married for life.

They stray apart a bit and lots of effort is rushed to the rescue to bring them back together.

The fracking technology innovation pulled lots of effort off that balancing act for US production.
    I remain bull on crude though just because of the weakness of tight crude having to be pursued to keep the marriage going.

It’s working now- for how long...
    I think the day is coming where XOM acts on those leases in the Arctic they tabled and deep offshore again becomes a required play.

Bottoms wear out the market- it’s hard to call the way out and which plays are correct.
    I’m still holding some sector longs and still watching for entries on others.

But we have to be pragmatic- BWEN?
    I have been trading it for years- a glance a week ago found the chart interesting if I remember- I’ll post a chart!

23. Likes tim9lives liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

By the way.... Everyone should be kissing Elon Musk’s feet today. The Federal Reserve should be kissing Elon Musk’s feet today.

And yes....thank NASA too. Because America is no longer depending on Russia to get us into space. And that build confidence in the USA. And that builds confidence in the Federal Reserve.

We are connected to the rest of the world guys. We must also stop giving our manufacturing away to China. In fact.... the West must stop buying from China.

What Trump should have done is....instead of attacking our allies. He should have united with Europe to stop the infiltration of cheap goods into Europe and America. That cheap shit in Wal Mart is weakening our employment which is creating havoc in both Europe and America. No jobs....you end up with kids burning down your downtown buildings. Basic stuff guys.

And show me what other nation on this earth....can send people into space...dock with the space station....and land that rocket which sent those guy. Reuse the rocket. It’s like science fiction guys. Russia nor China can do that. Kudos Space-X

25. Likes Trboatworks liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
    Demand for aircraft is still very strong ? Tell that to " Rolls-Royce ". Maybe these new aircraft don't need engines.

Regards Tyrone.
    FWIW....my Brother just Retired from Delta. Started with Northwest Airlines after ending a stint in the Navy flying PBY ant sub hunter’s. Anyway....he always said his favorite aircraft jet engine is the Rolls Royce.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by tim9lives View Post
    FWIW....my Brother just Retired from Delta. Started with Northwest Airlines after ending a stint in the Navy flying PBY ant sub hunter’s. Anyway....he always said his favorite aircraft jet engine is the Rolls Royce.
    Finally,........at long last an American with taste

28. Likes tim9lives, TeachMePlease, camscan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What- a Brit spoiling for a fight- just remember what happened last time eh...

30. Likes TeachMePlease, camscan, Limy Sami liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Limy Sami View Post
    Finally,........at long last an American with taste
    Just a tidbit that I never forgot. I was talking about GE engines. General Electric is just one of those great American Companies in my opinion. An original DOW component I think. But still a great company and I remember my brother then commenting that he always preferred Rolls Royce aircraft engines. I know he flew McDonnald Douglas aircraft...Boeing....and I think his last one he was certified on was the 767. But honestly I’m not really sure. Anyway I do remember the Rolls Royce comment and I know he flew a number of different aircraft in his career. (In fact....to edit this comment I believe his favorite was Rolls Royce then then the Pratt and GE was the least favorite. But of course I’m totally splitting hairs. Because my brother is still alive today so it’s obvious that even the GE engine is a thousand times better than any of that Soviet crap out there. Not that the Soviets didn’t make good aircraft.....because the Mig proves that otherwise. But I don’t think the quality controls compare to the US or Europeans.....and Canadians for that matter. The Western World just puts a higher priority on human life. )

He was lucky. He started with Northwest Airlines and never lost seniority. Ended up retiring towards the top of the totem poll at Delta as a Captain. And got out right before CV19.

I always say.....I’d rather be lucky than good, and I know I’m not really good...but have been lucky.

32. Likes Limy Sami, Greg White liked this post