Login to Your Account
Page 149 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149
Results 2,961 to 2,972 of 2972

Thread: Recession?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by otrlt View Post
    The time to get negative on Boeing has come and gone. For the majority of suppliers that assist Boeing, they are all still in business.

What puzzles me most is that there are so many doubters of Boeing's future, this company will continue to "print money" for another 100 years.
    BA is for sure a long term company, but there have been plenty of others that were too big to fail, that failed...but yet are still around printing money. Doesn't mean people didn't lose their ass along the way.

For any company with a decade of solid performance, you are sitting on a decade of liabilities that are waiting to bite you in the ass. The 737 problems are a perfect example.

I have no doubt there is money to be made with BA (I own some)...but I make faster money with other companies, albeit with greater risk.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The time to get negative on Boeing has come and gone. For the majority of suppliers that assist Boeing, they are all still in business.

What puzzles me most is that there are so many doubters of Boeing's future, this company will continue to "print money" for another 100 years.

I used to keep each annual listing of the "Fortune 500." A decade at a time, there's amazing churn as companies and entire industries get disrupted.

A hundred years from know it's hard to know what air transportation will look like; much less if the incumbents will stay at the top. Pessimistic view is we'll be back to swinging on grapevines. Flip side, could be most families might have their own driver-less air taxi on call and cruise ships replaced by space travel.

GM used to be #1 on the Fortune 500 list - within memory. Largest company in the the world. These days tiny struggling Tesla has a higher market cap than GM and Ford combined. And GM has actually been one of the better long term survivors, despite its brush with bankruptcy, and foreign car markers (Toyota, VW, and Nissan group) now well ahead of it.

IBM is one of the remarkable stories of a company remaking itself not once, but several times. That said, it is a shadow of its former self.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by PeteM View Post
    I used to keep each annual listing of the "Fortune 500." A decade at a time, there's amazing churn as companies and entire industries get disrupted.

A hundred years from know it's hard to know what air transportation will look like; much less if the incumbents will stay at the top. Pessimistic view is we'll be back to swinging on grapevines. Flip side, could be most families might have their own driver-less air taxi on call and cruise ships replaced by space travel.

GM used to be #1 on the Fortune 500 list - within memory. Largest company in the the world. These days tiny struggling Tesla has a higher market cap than GM and Ford combined. And GM has actually been one of the better long term survivors, despite its brush with bankruptcy, and foreign car markers (Toyota, VW, and Nissan group) now well ahead of it.

IBM is one of the remarkable stories of a company remaking itself not once, but several times. That said, it is a shadow of its former self.
    Most of the replies that I receive are from retired machinist that have never run a business.

Let's get some professionals into our conversation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Most of the replies that I receive are from retired machinist that have never run a business.

Having had P&L responsibility at two large buinesses and started, owned, and run two others, you must be thinking of someone else.

Meanwhile, try to get a clue about such things as "discruption" in industry.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Having had P&L responsibility at two large buinesses and started, owned, and run two others, you must be thinking of someone else.
    I'm thinking, he's *always* thinking of someone, or something, else.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You need to come up with a new insult, this ones getting old.

7. Likes TeachMePlease, ChipSplitter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by triumph406 View Post
    You need to come up with a new insult, this ones getting old.
    Well, ya know, it is what Boeing execs do on their downtime, come troll practical machinist.

I've got a hot stock tip for you guys...but first lemme go check my portfolio and see what isn't performing as well as *I* think it should.

Bought my first share of amazon today...this shit is weird, it only seems to go up, does it actually have bad days?

9. Likes 72bwhite, triumph406 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

tell it to the old GM share holder.
    umm tell me again what that share of GM one had back in
    2007 is worth again?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It is one thing to invest in bluechips, but for for a bluechip that speed dials you daily with rfqs and POs...

that's priceless.

Country
    CAYMAN ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The not so special blue dot has spoken once again.

All strapped in for the next segment

13. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Pessimistic view is we'll be back to swinging on grapevines.
    Grape vines? You have GRAPE VINES?? Dang. We've been trying to get those for a few months. These days it's mostly just skitching along
    behind jaguars, holding on to the tails.

IBM a shadow? Try Bell Labs these days.

15. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by jim rozen View Post
    Grape vines? You have GRAPE VINES?? Dang. We've been trying to get those for a few months. These days it's mostly just skitching along
    behind jaguars, holding on to the tails.

IBM a shadow? Try Bell Labs these days.
    Sometimes you can be funny. I thought swinging by Grape vines was a good one too.

I am surprised Egghead Goldfinger hasn’t chimed in with the garage door handle yet.