Login to Your Account
Page 60 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 2977

Thread: Recession?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trboatworks View Post
    So listening to the news two more symptoms are described which I had.
    Loss of appetite and GI stuff.
    I stripped off ten pounds I can’t afford to lose after my weight not changed for forty years.
    Jesus I wish we had had testing.

We have great testing. The best testing. The most testing in the world, trust me. Experts agree, we have the best testing, they all tell me, they say "You are so good at testing. How did you get this good?"

The best testing!

2. Likes Bobw, Demon73, Mark Rand, Ries, jancollc and 4 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

4 out of 5 surveyed agree!!

Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jancollc View Post
    1524 positives out of 22,860 tested, about 7%. The picture is beginning to emerge, number of infections going up with the increased testing, but hospitalizations and deaths stable, at least for now.

We are only testing on doctor's referrals,
    I guess if you don't have the capacity (Wuhan city was doing 40,000 a day) then this is what you have to do. But it doesn't tell you what proportion of the population might be infected. For that you have to test across a wide group of the general public.

So in this case it's what they have to do but it is not revealing all they need to know

5. Likes JoeE. liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    I guess if you don't have the capacity (Wuhan city was doing 40,000 a day]) then this is what you have to do.
    Share the data. Post your link. You said the data was available- 320,000 tests in Guangdong. 40,000/day in Wuhan, 2 months- that's 2.4 million tests. Let's say you're exaggerating and it's only half that. 1.2 Million. Show us.

Country
    CAYMAN ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    Here's the full vid (to save creating an account). If only half is true, it's all a scary thought...

YouTube
    Ive no view on the man but at least some of what he talks about already holds with me. If it turns out he has it dead nuts I wouldnt be surprised.
    Be interesting to see how this panic plays out and what avenues the government pursues over time. If real business it let burn I think that would be telling

8. Likes barbter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Re- that dope on YouTube.

Stress is fertilizer for the fears of our imagination.

Grimm’s fairy tales by told to rapt audiences befuddled by uncertainty.

Fock these voices that take advantage of folk- they raise in a chorus during troubles.
    Fock them.

10. Likes jancollc liked this post
    Country
    CAYMAN ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Re- that dope on YouTube.

Stress is fertilizer for the fears of our imagination.

Grimm’s fairy tales by told to rapt audiences befuddled by uncertainty.

Fock these voices that take advantage of folk- they raise in a chorus during troubles.
    Fock them.
    I used to think that way, now ive an ear for anyone. Labels like conspiracy theorist / climate denier etc dont bother me anymore.
    Ive been called a 'conspiracy theorist' for my views on money for example. You can show these folks empirical evidence, or BOE pages to the contrary, it makes no difference. You might say theyve been taken advantage of in some way, programmed to put down difference with a label. This world aint all sunshine and roses, thats why I like to stand off as best I can and observe rather than zoom in and take a position.

12. Likes as9100d, barbter liked this post
    Country
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You said the data was available- 320,000 tests in Guangdong.

Second source, down towards the bottom

Coronavirus Testing Criteria and Numbers by Country - Worldometer

40,000/day in Wuhan, 2 months- that's 2.4 million tests. Let's say you're exaggerating and it's only half that. 1.2 Million. Show us.
    No, they didn't start at that. Initially they had to send to Beijing and numbers were far lower, like a few hundred a day. (The US did 455 in two months.) But after a short time, about halfway down, 14,000 average within the city, capacity 20,000/day. I can confirm personally other places were doing tests, one of the close acquaintances is a doctor in Zhejiang. He had a stroke in the middle of this maybe sort of a peripheral casualty.

Tracking down Wuhan's new confirmed COVID-19 cases

This is within the city. Other tests were subbed out to nearby locations. It was the WHO report that gave the number of 40,000/day for Wuhan which I only have in pdf (can't attach to a post.)

Other sources would be Chinese which of course you can't accept ... just as you refused to accept their figures on case numbers when it was just a media hype to destroy the United States economy, driven by the fellow travellers in the liberal press acting as tools for their communist masters.

Will keep looking if you insist but ... real numbers.

Sorry.

You could look at the WHO videos and written reports I guess, I've linked a few about six times but those would conflict with your commie-under-the-bed theories so I can understand why you avoid it.

Pretty sure the hospitals are too busy right now but maybe you could look into a treatment for paranoia ?

A little Guangdong background just to see how other people are handling this

1003 patients recover, discharged patients quarantined for 14 days_Exclusive_www.newsgd.com

Quote Originally Posted by Demon73 View Post
    I used to think that way, now ive an ear for anyone. Labels like conspiracy theorist / climate denier etc dont bother me anymore.
    Someone funny (not mark twain but similar ?) said "you don't need a conspiracy when they all think the same."

I believe that's more likely than this guy's rather far-fetched World Control scenario. Mostly people just aren't that smart or talented.

But they are plenty willing to take advantage of circumstances ...

btw, one truly important thing to remember about this "data" stuff is, the data is always two weeks late. When a person goes to the hospital, he's been sick for several days at least, average more than a week, so by the time this moves thorugh the system to become "data" you are already way behind the eight-ball. If you wait for the data, you're going to have a roman candle by the tail. You have to get ahead of a fast-moving epidemic. If you make your decisions based on circumstances ten days ago, you're fucked.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If you make your decisions based on circumstances ten days ago, you're fucked.
    If you rely on a moron who hires morons to help him run the country, you are definitely fucked.

We are so fucked.

15. Likes Greg White, Limy Sami, cranium, JoeE., Big B liked this post
    Country
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jim rozen View Post
    If you rely on a moron who hires morons to help him run the country, you are definitely fucked.
    Look on the bright side : Social Security insolvency will be delayed by many years now

17. Likes JoeE. liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Second source, down towards the bottom
    That gives a total for Guangdong, but no data. Age, gender, risk factors, etc. No China totals anywhere, no epidemiology that I can see.

So piecing your citations together, we get 1349 cases out of 320,000 tested? Is that right?

Country
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That gives a total for Guangdong, but no data. Age, gender, risk factors, etc. No China totals anywhere, no epidemiology that I can see.
    Okay, last time for me, you can talk to the walls in your echo chamber but you asked for links to claims that guangdong administered 320,000 tests. There's the fucking links.

Adios, muchacho. Maybe wear ear protection, even in a rubber room the echoes can damage the ears.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Okay, last time for me, you can talk to the walls in your echo chamber but you asked for links to claims that guangdong administered 320,000 tests. There's the fucking links.

Adios, muchacho. Maybe wear ear protection, even in a rubber room the echoes can damage the ears.
    I asked for the data of the 320,000 tests. You said that they had conducted 320K tests, the data was available.

I guess you are saying the fact of the 320K tests tests is the data.

Please answer my question, is it 1349 confirmed cases out of 320K tests? (That is an example of data).

This little exchange began when I shared some data about my State's testing. You replied thus:
    I guess if you don't have the capacity (Wuhan city was doing 40,000 a day) then this is what you have to do. But it doesn't tell you what proportion of the population might be infected. For that you have to test across a wide group of the general public.

So in this case it's what they have to do but it is not revealing all they need to know
    This was a troll and a boast. I did not talk about "what you have to do if you don't have capacity". It was a snapshot of the number of tests relative to the number of positives, and the apparent stability of hospitalization numbers and mortality.

Just a bit of information to TR, who mentioned his concerns over his inability to get tested. Primarily to reassure him that being symptomatic does not necessarily mean the worst possible scenario.

But I know how much you like to troll my posts and instigate flame wars- that's okay with me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So listening to the news two more symptoms are described which I had.
    Loss of appetite and GI stuff.
    I stripped off ten pounds I can’t afford to lose after my weight not changed for forty years.
    Jesus I wish we had had testing.
    What's GI stuff ? The clap ?

Regards Tyrone.

22. Likes Trboatworks liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
    What's GI stuff ? The clap ?

Regards Tyrone.
    Gastrointestinal. As in his digestion has not been up to par.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
    What's GI stuff ?
    SBD.

Coronavirus symptoms: Almost half of COVID-19 patients have digestive issues, study finds - CBS News

Almost half of coronavirus patients have digestive symptoms, study finds

Diarrhea and other digestive symptoms are the main complaint in nearly half of coronavirus patients, Chinese researchers report. Most patients with the coronavirus have respiratory symptoms, but these findings from the early stages of the outbreak show that digestive problems are prevalent in many patients with COVID-19.

"Clinicians must bear in mind that digestive symptoms, such as diarrhea, may be a presenting feature of COVID-19, and that the index of suspicion may need to be raised earlier in these cases rather than waiting for respiratory symptoms to emerge," wrote the investigators from the Wuhan Medical Treatment Expert Group for COVID-19.

The researchers analyzed data from 204 COVID-19 patients, average age nearly 55, who were admitted to three hospitals in the Hubei province between Jan. 18 and Feb. 28, 2020. The average time from symptom onset to hospital admission was 8.1 days.

However, the finding showed that patients with digestive symptoms had a longer time from symptom onset to hospital admission than patients without digestive symptoms, 9 days versus 7.3 days.

This suggests that patients with digestive symptoms sought care later because they didn't yet suspect they had COVID-19 due to a lack of respiratory symptoms, such as cough or shortness of breath, the researchers explained.

Patients with digestive symptoms had a variety of problems, including loss of appetite (nearly 84%), diarrhea (29%), vomiting (0.8%) and abdominal pain (0.4%).

Seven of the patients in the study had digestive symptoms but no respiratory symptoms.

As the severity of the disease increased, digestive symptoms became more serious, the researchers found.

Patients without digestive symptoms were more likely to be cured and discharged than those with digestive symptoms (60% versus 34%), according to the study published March 18 in the American Journal of Gastroenterology.

If doctors only monitor for respiratory symptoms to diagnose COVID-19, they may miss cases that initially present with other symptoms, or the disease may not be diagnosed until after respiratory symptoms emerge, the authors explained.

"In this study, COVID-19 patients with digestive symptoms have a worse clinical outcome and higher risk of [death] compared to those without digestive symptoms, emphasizing the importance of including symptoms like diarrhea to suspect COVID-19 early in the disease course before respiratory symptoms develop," Dr. Brennan Spiegel, journal co-editor-in-chief, said in a journal news release.

"This may lead to earlier diagnosis of COVID-19, which can lead to earlier treatment and more expeditious quarantine to minimize transmission from people who otherwise remain undiagnosed," Spiegel said.

25. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Look on the bright side : Social Security insolvency will be delayed by many years now
    Dont forget the wall!!! gotta build it, the best most beautiful ,gonna be a smart wall too, .....

27. Likes Big B liked this post
    Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So now we have an explanation for all the selfish twats buying up vast quantities of bog paper. It's because coronavirus might give you the shits!

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Show some backbone guys, get a grip.

Show some F****** class.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jim rozen View Post

We are so fucked.
    Jim,
    take your medication and quit posting gibberish. The only one that's F*****,

is you.